FAO Players

Very poor by players and management! 3 subs at once with half an hour to go!!! What if we had a couple of injuries? Don't waste your time on social media saying how gutted you are, spend the time practicing playing football instead.

Brought on the three subs at once because we needed to. Some very abject performances and the system needed changing.

Very poor by players and management! 3 subs at once with half an hour to go!!! What if we had a couple of injuries?

There are many things you can criticise about today.

Making three substitutions an hour in was about the highlight for me though. Absolutely the right thing to do.

As I said what if we got an injury or two especially having played a hard game mid week because the 3 subs at once really worked a treat!

The 3 subs did ok, but the rot had set in, Kelly and Philliskirk stayed on but were 2 of the worst.

Still awaiting the players were tired playing Saturday / Tuesday / Saturday drivel ....it was West Ham's pathetic excuse earlier .

Colchester had played as many I think and probably did a lot more travelling, they looked fit enough.

Poleon (right footed striker) out wide left, Forte (left sided winger) up front, Turner (striker) out wide right, Winchester ( only creative player) on bench, Philliskirk ( hasn't turned up for 3 months) in the team. Basic issues!! Starting line up 2 defensive midfielders!!! At home vs lowly team!!!! WTF Johnson?

Management aside how an earth can players think that hoofing the long ball to a striker who is prob 5ft 8in in the air is going to work whilst he's marked by a 7ft defender. He is the biggest centre half I have seen in a long time at BP. Surely they don't need tellmh it's not gonna work???

Believe it or not they set up as a 4-4-2 today with Philly up top with Murphey...looked nothing like that to me!

Did we actually put a cross in today ?

Didn't get round the back of them, a basic tactic against those sort of teams LJ said we should be beating but can't.

Mellis and Kelly as holding midfielders at home and one wide man against a lowly team, who dreamed that one up?

Edited by BP1960

Management aside how an earth can players think that hoofing the long ball to a striker who is prob 5ft 8in in the air is going to work whilst he's marked by a 7ft defender. He is the biggest centre half I have seen in a long time at BP. Surely they don't need tellmh it's not gonna work???

Believe it or not they set up as a 4-4-2 today with Philly up top with Murphey...looked nothing like that to me!

My idea of 4-4-2 at home is a back four, two wingers, two central midfielders high upfield, a big centre forward who can hold the ball and a goal poacher.

I saw no resemblance to that whatsoever today, in fact the players didn't seem to have a clue as to what formation they were supposed to be playing.

Edited by BP1960

Probably agree with the introduction of Winchester (on the bench because he picked up a slight injury on Tuesday, maybe?) and to a lesser extent, Poleon..

Big ask of Turner to come on and influence a game like that, though.

Its a bigger ask in my opinion to ask Murphy to play three games in a week after supposedly arriving at the club with niggles, nothing wrong with Winchester if there was he wouldnt of come on, its a reccurring theme drop Winchester to accomodate others, eventually the manager will wise up to the fact that he makes us tick, if he tires take him off after an hour, he was the one player Colchester would of been worried about today and he was sat on his arse for most the game.