Prediction League 2014/15 - Prizes

This year's Subscription Prediction League was the biggest yet with 32 players. But for a minor blemish on the competition towards the end, it's been a competitive, entertaining and enjoyable affair. Bristolatic, as always, gets the biggest thanks for producing the League Tables (although he did take a sabotical this season, leaving me to struggle through a few tables myself!)

The league competition was won at a cantor by Ex-pat, whose impressive form throughout the season was always going to be very difficult for any of the other predictors to keep pace with. warwickshire latics pipped the rest of the chasing pack to snatch second place, with past winners of the league and cup competitions never really looking like challenging for honours.

The five-round cup competition was won by a certain Stevie_J, with LaticsPete finishing runner-up.

Prizes for the season are as follows:

• Ex_pat - Prediction League Champion - £80
  • warwickshire latics - Prediction League Runner-up - £40
  • Stevie_J - Prediction League Cup Winner - £40

I had pledged to give any winnings that might come my way to Latics4Life but I've changed my mind and will be donating it to Playershare instead. I'll pay out the prizes at some point over the coming days.

opinions4u won the Free-to-Play Prediction League and wins a change of player name, should he want one.

Thanks to everyone who's taken part this year. Don't forget the league created donations of £80 each for both Latics4Life and Playershare. I'm hopeful that we can continue to increase the number of players again next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It could be difficult because a former major player, and even then only in his own mind, is thinking of forming an exclusive breakaway league of 1, because of the judges recognising his cheating, which has reduced him to more natural level of mediocrity, after a lucky season when some players didn't play and some didn't take it seriously as there was no prize on offer, and it even being scored was unknown until the season started.

A much more factual statement from the disgraced former champion. Who may or may not be suspended from the first few games.