Southern Football Dominance Swing

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote maybe 20 years ago in some magazine or other that this would happen over time - it would be odd indeed if football didn't reflect the general shift of funds and influence to the south over many years.

The internationalisation of the premiership is a prime factor - there are precious few foreign billionaires who given the choice (which obviously they are) woudl not choose to have their UK base in London. Man City are a curious exception to the "rule" but on top of that it also applies to players and players' families who are more likely to be seduced by the bright lights of the capital than the vistas of the Cheshire plain and Manchester/Liverpool nightlife.

Sanchez at Arsenal is the latest example I can think of - Liverpool I think agreed terms with Barca but there was only one place that the player was interested in. And there is a snowball effect - players and families from whatever country won't be short of compatriots to help them settle in.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldnt actually read that after looking at that map!

Apparantly hes currently writing 'why is there more coffee in this jar than that jar?' And putting forward many tenuous reasons why a 500ml jar of a big brand has more coffee than a 250ml jar of budget coffee.