Walsall Sat 8th Aug

Are we up for this or what?

It's surprisingly easy to get to - and cheap if you wanna travel on London Midland instead of Virgin....!

Would appear that the words dead horse and flogging might be appropriate here. Look forward to meeting you again Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we up for this or what?

It's surprisingly easy to get to - and cheap if you wanna travel on London Midland instead of Virgin....!

I'm an almost certain yes. What's the crack with trains?

How's about 1103 out and 1745 back? Takes two hours, which means a full gallon of Green Lager.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

I'm an almost certain yes. What's the crack with trains?

How's about 1103 out and 1745 back? Takes two hours, which means a full gallon of Green Lager.

Am going to do my usual email with transport and boozer options this week..... but 11ish sounds about right on Virgin trains.... the cheaper option [London Midland] require an earlier leave, which I think Dave has already opted for.....! Would be great to get a big turnout for this. If we can gets some sort of commitment... I might call Virgin and see if I can get a group booking.

Am going to do my usual email with transport and boozer options this week..... but 11ish sounds about right on Virgin trains.... the cheaper option [London Midland] require an earlier leave, which I think Dave has already opted for.....! Would be great to get a big turnout for this. If we can gets some sort of commitment... I might call Virgin and see if I can get a group booking.

I went on the trainline - I don't know what service it was but it was two hours each way, which sounds like London Midland. It was also only about £10.

Good day to you all gentlemen and ladies.

The following I sent out earlier today on email.

The football season begins 5 weeks tomorrow at the Bescot Stadium Walsall, which really isn’t that difficult to get to from London via Birmingham New St [bNS].

A quick recky on Train options this morning reveals the following;

To/From Euston/BNS on Virgin Trains
OUT 11:03 ARR 12:27 JOURNEY 1:24
OUT 11:23 ARR 12:45 JOURNEY 1:22
OUT 11:43 ARR 13:08 JOURNEY 1:25

RTN 18:30 ARR 19:56 JOURNEY 1:26
RTN 18:50 ARR 20:23 JOURNEY 1:33
RTN 19:10 ARR 20:55 JOURNEY 1:45

There are a series of boozers around BNS Station that can act as a meet point and then the Bescot Stadium station is only a short 23 minute journey from BNS. Walsall FC is blessed with a supporters bar adjacent to the ground which away fans are welcome in, therefore once bored of the company at BNS we can head to the ground.

Total return cost from Euston to Bescot Stadium is currently £17. Bargain! Get involved.

For those of you of a similar disposition, the breakfast club aka Dave, Geoff and Mike are on the 09:23 out of Euston and the 19:10 back from BNS. They're in charge of finding the meet point.

Would be great to have a big turn out, plenty of banter and lots of Green/Blue [delete as appropriate] lager for the journey.

See y’all soon.

Andy

Edited by lookersstandandy

• 4 weeks later...

I would have loved to be going but will be in Turkey at the time and will then miss Colchester and several others with a 2 week trip to USA. But look forward to the fun booze and banter when i rejoin you all. There is btw a good pub in Walsall the Black Country Arms a short walk from Walsall station.

The Black Country Arms based in High Street, Walsall is one of the town's most ancient hostelries dating back to as early as 1627. Formerly The Green Dragon, this Grade II listed pub is now part of the ever-expanding Black Country Ales chain, and Walsall's foremost real ale pub with no fewer than 16 hand-pulls featuring ever-changing cask ales and ciders from across the UK.

Hope you all have a great day out

I would have loved to be going but will be in Turkey at the time and will then miss Colchester and several others with a 2 week trip to USA. But look forward to the fun booze and banter when i rejoin you all. There is btw a good pub in Walsall the Black Country Arms a short walk from Walsall station.

The Black Country Arms based in High Street, Walsall is one of the town's most ancient hostelries dating back to as early as 1627. Formerly The Green Dragon, this Grade II listed pub is now part of the ever-expanding Black Country Ales chain, and Walsall's foremost real ale pub with no fewer than 16 hand-pulls featuring ever-changing cask ales and ciders from across the UK.

Hope you all have a great day out

Enjoy your hols.

Confirmed:

Breakfast club: Dave, Mike, Floyd and Geoff are on the 09:23 [Oh, Nine, Twenty Three], arrive BNS at 10:45.

The sensible club: AIdan & I are on the 11:23, arrive BNS at 12:45.

Will is waiting the results of his green card application.

All others, Unknown.

Edited by lookersstandandy