Winchester.....

Poll added 13th October 2015  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would we amass more points with or without Carl Winchester at RM/CM for the rest of the season?

• More points with him in the side
    • More points without him in the side

I don't think you could say he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip. He has had one decent season in all the time he has been here. Don't quite get the love in and wouldn't be too sorry. Agree he has a bit of something but still too lightweight and inconsistent for me.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you could say he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip. He has had one decent season in all the time he has been here. Don't quite get the love in and wouldn't be too sorry. Agree he has a bit of something but still too lightweight and inconsistent for me.

This lightweight thing is such a load of rubbish. Apart from Dunn, we don't have a player who keeps hold of the ball as well as Winchester. You don't need to be a brute to hold on to the ball if you have skill and intelligence.

He was excellent in his first full season at 21 years old, was given one league game this season, dropped immediately and hardly got on since. Fail to see how that is a fair crack of the whip by this manager.

Always important to go for quality with glasses...

My inferior eyeballs see the reason for Winchester being out of the team is that he is too slow with the ball... Yes he has fairly good close control, but if we want to move the ball around quickly he is more likely to stop, do a 360, beat two men then fall over.

Comparison with Dunn - Dunn knows what he wants to do with the ball before he receives it - Winchester collects the ball, then considers his next move.

At least that is what I see!

Always important to go for quality with glasses...

My inferior eyeballs see the reason for Winchester being out of the team is that he is too slow with the ball... Yes he has fairly good close control, but if we want to move the ball around quickly he is more likely to stop, do a 360, beat two men then fall over.

Comparison with Dunn - Dunn knows what he wants to do with the ball before he receives it - Winchester collects the ball, then considers his next move.

At least that is what I see!

Dunn: 35 year-old with 12 years experience and an England cap.

Winchester: 22 year-old with one season in League 1.

Why on earth would you compare David Dunn and Carl Winchester? I don't think anybody is suggesting he should play over Dunn.

You can't question his quality for his age though, despite trying to find faults in his game. Improvements in speed of thought will come as he gets more game time.

I would compare Dunn with Winchester because dunn is in our team and in my eyes a similar type of playmaker!!!

I am saying that I can't see who he would replace at the moment, not looking for fault.

If there is no place for him, bank the money.

I would compare Dunn with Winchester because dunn is in our team and in my eyes a similar type of playmaker!!!

I am saying that I can't see who he would replace at the moment, not looking for fault.

If there is no place for him, bank the money.

No place for a playmaker in a team with the second worst goal scoring record in the division? Can I ask how many goals/assists Dunn has this season? Might I add Dunn hasnt played more than about 20/30 games a season in the last 10 years so who will step in, if we were free flowing and scoring I could understand those jumping on the Winchester boo boy bandwagon but we are not.

No place for a playmaker in a team with the second worst goal scoring record in the division? Can I ask how many goals/assists Dunn has this season? Might I add Dunn hasnt played more than about 20/30 games a season in the last 10 years so who will step in, if we were free flowing and scoring I could understand those jumping on the Winchester boo boy bandwagon but we are not.

Isn't that supposed to be George Green's thing, once he's fit?

If we were free flowing and scoring I could understand those jumping on the Winchester boo boy bandwagon but we are not.

No-one has formed a boo boy bandwagon. Some supporters are just saying that they dont rate him as highly as others do! Stop all this over reacting about a very average player who at the moment is not being selected by the manager.

No-one has formed a boo boy bandwagon. Some supporters are just saying that they dont rate him as highly as others do! Stop all this over reacting about a very average player who at the moment is not being selected by the manager out injured.

FTFY

Oh, and incidentally, I agree totally with your post.

Edited by bpmarko

It would be a bit crap if we all just said that he is brilliant, why would we have a forum???

Surely those that like him should simply say why, other than "he's great, are you mad, did you watch him" etc.

I genuinely don't see it. Enlighten me.

It would be a bit crap if we all just said that he is brilliant, why would we have a forum???

Surely those that like him should simply say why, other than "he's great, are you mad, did you watch him" etc.

I genuinely don't see it. Enlighten me.

If you can't see it, I can't help you.

Edited by dec666

Patronising and overly simplistic, suppose it saves you having to justify any points or to actually argue constructively

There is no justification needed, if you can't see it, perhaps you could take up gardening on Saturdays instead?