14 Great Latics games

Has anyone read this? It's Co written by Rick Holden and a guy called Dave Moore I don't know if he frequents this site? But someone got it me for a works secret santa. Talks about 14 games from around the pinch me era it gives it a personal angle both from a players side (Holden) and the fans side (Moore) Some interesting gambits from Holden comparing the spirit of the time of that team to that off the crazy gang but our football philosophy was very different. I never knew this book existed before its actually a nice little read.

Has anyone read this? It's Co written by Rick Holden and a guy called Dave Moore I don't know if he frequents this site? But someone got it me for a works secret santa. Talks about 14 games from around the pinch me era it gives it a personal angle both from a players side (Holden) and the fans side (Moore) Some interesting gambits from Holden comparing the spirit of the time of that team to that off the crazy gang but our football philosophy was very different. I never knew this book existed before its actually a nice little read.

I downloaded a Ricky Holden book onto my Kindle at the airport once. It was a quid and it was :censored:e

Dave Moore set up the Latics supporters group in Canada and is a lifelong fan

He also pulled together the book Oldham Athletic:Miscellany published in 2009

Chaddy Smoker - if you're talking about Ricky's autobiography a lot of people would disagree

Might not win a literary prize but opinionated , fun, and entertaining - what were you expecting ?

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished reading this. For anyone who was around at the time it doesn't tell you much you didn't already know but it's enjoyable to reminisce about the success under Joe Royle.

It needs a bloody good edit though; it's absolutely strewn with spelling mistakes, typos, etc. Apart from Andy Ritchie's cameo, that is, which is very well written.