Where bottom 4 finished over last 10 years

Coleman made one mistake when recalled and has suffered for it, he is though our player one that many will of seen develop through the ranks, if only he was treated in the same Oxley was and allowed to develop but thats not Dunns style, he still has potential and will no doubt realise it away from BP, Burn on the other hand simply wasn't good enough nor was he the answer.

For me its all about striking a balance but our current starting 11 has a major shortage of talkers and leaders with the midfield in particular mute at times.

Never said Burn was the 'answer' whatever that means, just that he did ok.

And if he isn't good enough then James Wilson can't be either.

We have a tendency to overmark our players, someone has a handful of good games and they become destined to go to a higher level, Coleman is another example.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah captain of Boro youth the year before, known for producing idiots.....

a centre half who cant jump doesnt make the grade at that club. You are looking to hard to critisize him on that one mate.

He was just another kid whio needed experience along side him...

Maybe so but not with us. I'm not accepting us playing Russian roulette with the trap door to give another club the experience to one of their own when he isn't doing enough. So we find someone else.

By the way, the last one who we had from Boro was Seb Hines...who was a shocker for us (him and Jan Budtz being Sheridans final gifts as a manager.) And after being given a role in Boro's main team and 40 odd starts over 4 seasons, they fired him off. While Boro have produced some alright players, I'd not necessarily rave about them as proof Burn is or ever will be any good.

PS It's pretty important for a centre half being able to jump :wink:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Maybe so but not with us. I'm not accepting us playing Russian roulette with the trap door to give another club the experience to one of their own when he isn't doing enough. So we find someone else.

By the way, the last one who we had from Boro was Seb Hines...who was a shocker for us (him and Jan Budtz being Sheridans final gifts as a manager.) And after being given a role in Boro's main team and 40 odd starts over 4 seasons, they fired him off. While Boro have produced some alright players, I'd not necessarily rave about them as proof Burn is or ever will be any good.

Have to disagree about Seb Hines, i though he added a bit or variety to our team which we have been lacking,

Have to disagree about Seb Hines, i though he added a bit or variety to our team which we have been lacking,

The only variety had brought to the side was the shipping goals varitety...4 games played, 11 goals conceded, 1 manager sacked...

So to clarify are you saying Seb Hines, brought no variety to our team whatsoever?

So to clarify are you saying Seb Hines, brought no variety to our team whatsoever?

Not really. He was brought in by Shez to halt the decline which had set in, then was benched after we lost at home to Bristol City. Then dog-gate happened and then he starred in the 6-2 at MK Dons which was one of the worst performances I've ever seen by a defender. Rivaled Balmers effort in the Cardiff game. Shez was sacked thereafter. Hines sent packing.