Where bottom 4 finished over last 10 years

Over half a season to play, every chance we end up finishing 14th and a lot of people looking silly.

I don't think anybody is saying we WILL get relegated. I think people are pointing out that we have no god given right to avoid relegation and a case for whether we will stay up needs to be based on more than" we have always got away with it so far". I have said before that I think that we are probably competent enough and well organised enough to stay up. However the statistician in me says that we are in more trouble than we want to believe.

PS the statistician in me also gives a better than reasonable chance of winning on Saturday...Coventry now only 1 of 3 out of 92 unbeaten at home. statistically they are due to lose at home....probably Boxing Day knowing our luck!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basing everything on statistics then an home win is the likely outcome on Saturday, followed by a draw, the fact Coventry are unbeaten at home doesn't enhance our chances of gaining a win. Probabilities may dictate they are due a defeat but it doesn't enhance our chances of a win.

Taking a look at our three victories this season its difficult to make a case for going to The Ricoh and coming away with any sort of result. Of our three wins this season the first win came against Fleetwood who could/should of been 3-0 up in 20 minutes.

Next win for us was against Swindon who hadn't won in eight, losing seven and were managed by their Chairman.

Our only other win was at Chesterfield where we didn't have a shot for 70 minutes yet managed a win mainly because Tommy Lee had a mare, this is a team that's not won in six games since losing five of them.

The most worrying aspect for me is I can genuinely say I haven't come away from any of our draws and defeats and thought we were the better team or deserved anything from the game, our only saving grace is teams like Colchester and Chesterfield who seem to be on worse runs than us albeit with more points on the board, its going to take a real turnaround in fortunes to stop the rot but do we have the resources or personal to do it.

A pretty important six weeks or so coming up.

First job for me would be getting Dummigan, Lafferty, Wellens and Yeates signed up for the season.

Sort Murphy out, does he want to stay or not? If not then do a deal quickly.

New keeper needed, could do worse than asking Rachubka back.

At least one centre back needed, someone like Murray Wallace at Huddersfield.

Croft fit, Forte fit, start playing Philliskirk as a striker.

Do that and we'll be in 15th before you know it.

All this talk of relegation is depressing. I really needed something to pick me up today. Then my season ticket for the Brisbane Lions arrived in the post.

I was elated.

Well, for at least 5 seconds; until i realised that both of my football teams are just as :censored: as each other.

I must have been a real fekkin arshole in a previous life.

Basing everything on statistics then an home win is the likely outcome on Saturday, followed by a draw, the fact Coventry are unbeaten at home doesn't enhance our chances of gaining a win. Probabilities may dictate they are due a defeat but it doesn't enhance our chances of a win.

Taking a look at our three victories this season its difficult to make a case for going to The Ricoh and coming away with any sort of result. Of our three wins this season the first win came against Fleetwood who could/should of been 3-0 up in 20 minutes.

Next win for us was against Swindon who hadn't won in eight, losing seven and were managed by their Chairman.

Our only other win was at Chesterfield where we didn't have a shot for 70 minutes yet managed a win mainly because Tommy Lee had a mare, this is a team that's not won in six games since losing five of them.

The most worrying aspect for me is I can genuinely say I haven't come away from any of our draws and defeats and thought we were the better team or deserved anything from the game, our only saving grace is teams like Colchester and Chesterfield who seem to be on worse runs than us albeit with more points on the board, its going to take a real turnaround in fortunes to stop the rot but do we have the resources or personal to do it.

Felt we could've nicked it against Wigan when they were down to 10. Sheff Utd game at home could've gone either way. Against Barnsley, we were all over them once we had equalised. Then that snooze button got hit in the last minute. As daft as this will sound...when we equalised against Posh I thought we were right back in the game but then we conceded and the players flatly gave up. Similarly the same happened when we pulled it back to 3-2 vs Southend. That lasted for 20 seconds. But the aforementioned happens in football...especially when teams are in gutter. I've felt we've been weak and naive more than anything this season and worryingly, the manager is appearing the same at present. That has to change.

First job for me would be getting Dummigan, Lafferty, Wellens and Yeates signed up for the season.

<b>Croft fit,<\b> Forte fit, start playing Philliskirk as a striker.

The coaching staff have got their work cut out.

Croft fit, Forte fit, start playing Philliskirk as a striker.

DDs old mate Paul Robinson could be a possibility.

DDs old mate Paul Robinson could be a possibility.

Just a thought

Has it crossed anybody's mind that we might in fact be a net selling club in January and finish up weaker. Where are all these resources coming from to buy all these outstanding players who are all available to Latics.

Eg does anybody seriously think we are going to have 3 senior keepers..regardless of ability

Just a thought

Has it crossed anybody's mind that we might in fact be a net selling club in January and finish up weaker. Where are all these resources coming from to buy all these outstanding players who are all available to Latics.

Eg does anybody seriously think we are going to have 3 senior keepers..regardless of ability

If they don't want to be relegated then they need to find the money, current squad won't be good enough.

Oh I agree but the question remains..........

If the budget is there to fund the multitude of short term deals we have at the moment then I'm sure, if we bin some of them off, we'll have the scope to bring in what Dunn feels we need. It shouldn't need a fire sale to fund player recruitment. Although it might be needed to fund the stand etc.

Personally, I think we should be ok with the keepers we've got if they had a solid defender/leader/organiser in front of them, Coleman especially.

Just a thought

Loan a keeper out.

Just like I won't slate strikers starved of service (unless they are blatantly :censored: or have the pace of Stan the Sloth) neither will I slate a keeper (unless he's dreadful eg: Cornell) whose defence fails to protect him nearly every single game. Now I know Coleman has made the odd mistake but he's 20yrs old and has a hell of a lot of potential (unlike 24yr old Cornell who fails to catch the simplest of crosses into a box at times.) For me, a new keeper isn't a priority but this CB is. And always has been since the moment Lockwood wasn't re-signing. We need to stick with Coleman though. Poor lad shouldn't be in this :censored: situation so early in his career but then again people cry "give the youth a chance" and then minutes later are screaming they aren't good enough. It's quite pathetic.

Just like I won't slate strikers starved of service (unless they are blatantly :censored: or have the pace of Stan the Sloth) neither will I slate a keeper (unless he's dreadful eg: Cornell) whose defence fails to protect him nearly every single game. Now I know Coleman has made the odd mistake but he's 20yrs old and has a hell of a lot of potential (unlike 24yr old Cornell who fails to catch the simplest of crosses into a box at times.) For me, a new keeper isn't a priority but this CB is. And always has been since the moment Lockwood wasn't re-signing. We need to stick with Coleman though. Poor lad shouldn't be in this :censored: situation so early in his career but then again people cry "give the youth a chance" and then minutes later are screaming they aren't good enough. It's quite pathetic.

If you're constantly under pressure you'll make mistakes as a keeper every now and again. He's made about as many as some top premier league keepers have this season. He's one who will definitely play at a higher level. You only need to look at the end of last season at how he was playing. Dunn prefers Cornell though I think. I disagree with him massively on that

Coming up to the 12 month anniversary of MK away and a 7-0 beating talk of experienced keepers sends a shiver down my spine, Paddy Kenny - say no more.

What we need is a leader at the back, big lump of a centre back who is vocal and will organise, we haven't had it all season and its what we have missed, even Darren Kelly managed to recognise that.

Coming up to the 12 month anniversary of MK away and a 7-0 beating talk of experienced keepers sends a shiver down my spine, Paddy Kenny - say no more.

What we need is a leader at the back, big lump of a centre back who is vocal and will organise, we haven't had it all season and its what we have missed, even Darren Kelly managed to recognise that.

By releasing Elokobi and Lockwood...