Where bottom 4 finished over last 10 years

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elokobi is in a Colchester defence on a worse run than us and letting in more goals in the Football League than any other club, Lockwood is hardly pulling up trees at Guiseley and for all his leadership qualities had become a liability at the back for us in his last few games.

Just like I won't slate strikers starved of service (unless they are blatantly :censored: or have the pace of Stan the Sloth) neither will I slate a keeper (unless he's dreadful eg: Cornell) whose defence fails to protect him nearly every single game. Now I know Coleman has made the odd mistake but he's 20yrs old and has a hell of a lot of potential (unlike 24yr old Cornell who fails to catch the simplest of crosses into a box at times.) For me, a new keeper isn't a priority but this CB is. And always has been since the moment Lockwood wasn't re-signing. We need to stick with Coleman though. Poor lad shouldn't be in this :censored: situation so early in his career but then again people cry "give the youth a chance" and then minutes later are screaming they aren't good enough. It's quite pathetic.

Completely agree. Barnsley had a clear tactic of throwing bodies directly at him on set pieces. Bradford (I think) did the same thing. What he needs is a leader in front of him protecting him from that sort of stuff. Our current defenders just seem to let it happen.

So you want a big lump, just not those two big lumps?

We do need an enforcer/leader type. But the problem with us signing a big lump is that the moment he does his first big lump forward there'll be groans from the stands and calls of the biggest donkey ever to play for us etc on here.

Kelly didn't think they would play enough.

He then spent all summer with our eggs in the Gunning basket, only to ditch him after one game.

Just an example of how much that appointment has set us back.

And how long and how many signings has Dunn had to correct the problem?

And how long and how many signings has Dunn had to correct the problem?

He's openly said he's been trying for a while but no one is available. Kelly had the whole summer and scores of out of contract players to choose from. Dunn has only had loans and free agents to go for, so understandable there might not be many about.

He might have a bit more joy in January with the transfer merrygoround happening and someone becoming available, but a long term solution might be tricky to find before next summer.

You could argue it wasn't a massive problem position when Burn was here, Lafferty has been a big loss also.

Burn was dog:censored:. The way he got bullied (or more to the point, he couldn't be arsed to jump) for Doncasters goal was professionally embarrassing. He isn't the answer.

So it's ok for your mate Coleman to make mistakes because he is young but someone else can't be afforded that patience?

Come on son, you can't have it all ways.

Coleman is our player. Burn isn't. Coleman has shown he has a lot of potential. Burn hasn't. And the clue is in the need of an older head to steady the defence which will help out Coleman. Burn isn't the man to do that.

Burn was dog:censored:. The way he got bullied (or more to the point, he couldn't be arsed to jump) for Doncasters goal was professionally embarrassing. He isn't the answer.

I'll forgive anyone who is starting out in the game an off day or two, especially when they are playing next to James Wilson and Connor Brown.

I'll forgive anyone who is starting out in the game an off day or two, especially when they are playing next to James Wilson and Connor Brown.

I will if they put the effort in and try and they just aren't good enough (yet.) Burn switched off many-a-time and at Donny gave up (Cornell too in that game.) That can't be said about Coleman (if we are still using him as the comparison.)

Edited by boundaryblue80

Coleman is our player. Burn isn't. Coleman has shown he has a lot of potential. Burn hasn't. And the clue is in the need of an older head to steady the defence which will help out Coleman. Burn isn't the man to do that.

I don't buy into the loanees don't care about us argument, other clubs seem to find good ones.

No reason why Coleman can't come again, not sure putting him back into a struggling team would be the best idea at the moment though.

I don't buy into the loanees don't care about us argument, other clubs seem to find good ones.

No reason why Coleman can't come again, not sure putting him back into a struggling team would be the best idea at the moment though.

Right, you're putting words in mouths. I haven't said loanees don't care. Coleman is a player out of our youth system. Burn is someone who can go back to where he came from and we can look for another loanee who will put in more of a shift that Burn would.

Burn is obviously talented and he showed encouraging signs when he first arrived but his form did dip, that does not make him dog :censored: but he may not have been the answer....is that his fault?

I read about him not even attempting to jump at Doncaster but anybody who has ever played the game knows that you can mis judge a ball to the point where wher it reaches you you cant get off the ground, it happens to forwards aswell far more often. He made a error but I dont remember him making them all the time (Doncaster is the only one ever mentioned) unlike other defenders at the club. He will be a Championship defender in the future im sure of that & 3 head injurys in a matter of weeks tends to show he wasnt afraid to jump and willing to get stuck in.

We did need experience at the back in the form of a central defender, although I wasnt bothered to see the back of George and Lockwood in hindsight they could have been good for us this season but so could an expereinced goalkeeper who can calm a defence. we are suffering because of lack of experience in goal, at the back & in the technical area.

So it's ok for your mate Coleman to make mistakes because he is young but someone else can't be afforded that patience?

Come on son, you can't have it all ways.

Coleman made one mistake when recalled and has suffered for it, he is though our player one that many will of seen develop through the ranks, if only he was treated in the same Oxley was and allowed to develop but thats not Dunns style, he still has potential and will no doubt realise it away from BP, Burn on the other hand simply wasn't good enough nor was he the answer.

For me its all about striking a balance but our current starting 11 has a major shortage of talkers and leaders with the midfield in particular mute at times.

" 3 head injurys in a matter of weeks tends to show he wasnt afraid to jump and willing to get stuck in."

Or shows that he was getting clattered/jumping late/getting himself injured.

Yeah captain of Boro youth the year before, known for producing idiots.....

a centre half who cant jump doesnt make the grade at that club. You are looking to hard to critisize him on that one mate.

He was just another kid whio needed experience along side him...