FOR SALE : SEASON TICKET £75

I admire those still paying up. But I struggle with the idea that putting money into the club whilst it's being run by the current regime, is necessarily going to help safeguard its future.

And i object to the notion that those who've had enough and aren't willing to keep going are weak. If you're turning up and its consistently :censored:, it can be difficult to justify spending your time and money that way. Do you think it's weak that someone might get to the point where they think, 'I'm not enjoying this, I think I'll spend the time and money with the wife/kids* instead'?

The big thing for me is the rift between the club and the fans. I've been reading that Rick Holden 14 Games book and he talks about how proud he was to play for the Latics fans and quotes Andy Ritchie saying after the Littlewoods Cup Final that he was glad to have put smiles on the faces of the fans. Nowadays it seems the Boardroom, manager and players :censored:ing hate the fans. There's certainly no sense of us all being in this together.

All of this ^ Put very well

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Do you think it's weak that someone might get to the point where they think, 'I'm not enjoying this, I think I'll spend the time and money with the wife/kids* instead'?"

Bet when times have been better, they've thanked the Lord for Latics to get away from the wife/kids etc.

And yes, I do think it's weak to walk away because they're not enjoying it. Been there myself. But the club needs us. 3000 fans still left going X £0 is £0.00 the last time I checked. Assisted suicide if we all walk away.

Get away from my wife and kids ?? The only way I am coming back is if the wife and kids want to come...

And the last line was pure sillyness... To say it should be club before wife and kids its just really silly... I guess you don't have kids.

Edited by oafc0000

At the end of the season we will have played 460 home league games in this league. If you have been to all those you will,have spent c £ 10,000 on admission alone

You couldn't have done much with that loose change anyway so no harm done or argument with wife required

Could of hit Disney World and Disney Land with that amount of bread :)

Edited by oafc0000

The big thing for me is the rift between the club and the fans. I've been reading that Rick Holden 14 Games book and he talks about how proud he was to play for the Latics fans and quotes Andy Ritchie saying after the Littlewoods Cup Final that he was glad to have put smiles on the faces of the fans. Nowadays it seems the Boardroom, manager and players :censored:ing hate the fans. There's certainly no sense of us all being in this together.

Doesn't that just come from being good these days?

There being 3500 home fans in an empty-feeling ground can't help much either.

Get away from my wife and kids ?? The only way I am coming back is if the wife and kids want to come...

And the last line was pure sillyness... To say it should be club before wife and kids its just really silly... I guess you don't have kids.

I've got no interest in getting into a debate with someone who has chosen not to go for...how many years is it? Just coz we're not very good and just coz you want to lay all the blame at Corneys door and would clearly rather see us die than return/do anything about it. You're the very bottom of the list of "fan" and in my opinion, it makes your opinion virtually invalid. But in your opinion, mine may also be the same. So be it. I'm no superfan although people can level that if they want. I'm just a fan sick of people giving up and perversely sounding like they are enjoying doing so. And pushing us closer to the edge. But self-denial absolves them of any blame of doing so. If anyone can tell me how starving the club of money positively affects things I'll be right behind them! Edited by boundaryblue80

If anyone can tell me how starving the club of money positively affects things I'll be right behind them!

I will ignore the rest of your armature dramatics and get straight to your questions...

Its not all about the club... I am not overally concerned about what is positive for the club and what is not when it comes to the decision I have taken. I have a lot going on in my life and one of those things is Oldham Athleitc and its competing with many other things.

Now I accept you have pretty much just Oldham Athletic going on in your life, and it takes priority over everything else but some of us have wives, children, jobs and other interests outside of Latics and Football. Cricket and F1 are far bigger loves in my life than Football. I know this may be shocking but some people do have other things going on and competing for our time and money.

I didn't stop going to improve the club... I stop going because I couldn't continue to throw good money after bad on an owner/s who don't have a :censored:ing clue. Once they go and if its still something I can get behind and support I will do.

But as it stands it offers nothing worthy of my time and money outside of my rants on here.

Hope that helps with your question....

Edited by oafc0000

I will ignore the rest of your armature dramatics and get straight to your questions...

Its not all about the club... I am not overally concerned about what is positive for the club and what is not when it comes to the decision I have taken. I have a lot going on in my life and one of those things is Oldham Athleitc and its competing with many other things.

Now I accept you have pretty much just Oldham Athletic going on in your life, and it takes priority over everything else but some of us have wives, children, jobs and other interests outside of Latics and Football. Cricket and F1 are far bigger loves in my life than Football. I know this may be shocking but some people do have other things going on and competing for our time and money.

I didn't stop going to improve the club... I stop going because I couldn't continue to throw good money after bad on an owner/s who don't have a :censored:ing clue. Once they go and if its still something I can get behind and support I will do.

But as it stands it offers nothing worthy of my time and money outside of my rants on here.

Amongst your bluster and bull:censored: to "justify" the truest thing you've said is this...

"I am not overally concerned about what is positive for the club"

You're as cancerous to OAFC as Corney and co. There is no debate.

Amongst your bluster and bull:censored: to "justify" the truest thing you've said is this...

"I am not overally concerned about what is positive for the club"

You're as cancerous to OAFC as Corney and co. There is no debate.

Anyone can quote something out of context... Bravo, you continue to impress me :) *sarcasm inserted*

If you think people with families having to weigh up what is the best use of their time at the weekend & limited money and coming to the conclusion that Boundary Park currently offers nothing is cancerous then I would ask you to start considering what life style choices where inflicted on the patient to develop the cancer.

You need to grow up a little to be frank. Try tackling what I was really getting at in my post instead of quoting out of context for some quick nasty wins. Or is it all a little beyond you ? Tell you what, stick with the quoting out of context, its simpler for you!

Edited by oafc0000

I stopped reading at F1.

Anyone can quote something out of context... Bravo, you continue to impress me :) *sarcasm inserted*

If you think people with families having to weigh up what is the best use of their time at the weekend & limited money and coming to the conclusion that Boundary Park currently offers nothing is cancerous then I would ask you to start considering what life style choices where inflicted on the patient to develop the cancer.

You need to grow up a little to be frank. Try tackling what I was really getting at in my post instead of quoting out of context for some quick nasty wins. Or is it all a little beyond you ? Tell you what, stick with the quoting out of context, its simpler for you!

Ah...the old sleight of hand trick now...

Stop with the families/money bull:censored: etc. You're not going because we aren't winning, it's not entertaining and Simon Corney et al. You can throw all the angles of sympathy all you like. I'm well aware of the money constraints of folk, health issues that stop people from coming etc etc. There's many valid reasons for folk who would normally want to be there inspite of us being :censored:e and ran by Corney et al. You're nothing like they are. Keep trying to kid yourself and others that you are tho.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Stop with the families/money bull:censored: etc.

How is it it bull:censored: ?

I work all week... I get to see my children for two hours a day during the week and then I get two full days to spend time with them at the weekend. I prioritise seeing and doing things with them at the weekend. So if I am going to come they will be coming with me. Do you think they would enjoy a trip to Boundary Park?

What does the club do for families ? How much would it cost ? How long would it take me to travel ?

Just because you say its bull:censored: doesn't mean it is...

If you are happy to sacrifice time with your kids then that is your choice. But other people have a different world view.

Edited by oafc0000

Ah...the old sleight of hand trick now...

Stop with the families/money bull:censored: etc. You're not going because we aren't winning, it's not entertaining and Simon Corney et al. You can throw all the angles of sympathy all you like. I'm well aware of the money constraints of folk, health issues that stop people from coming etc etc. There's many valid reasons for folk who would normally want to be there inspite of us being :censored:e and ran by Corney et al. You're nothing like they are. Keep trying to kid yourself and others that you are tho.

So to take your post as a whole... I am just not coming because we aren't winning and everything else is a smoke screen.... and its only money and health issues that are valid reasons ?

You really do live in a little world don't you :)

Edited by oafc0000

How is it it bull:censored: ?

I work all week... I get to see my child for two hours a day during the week and then I get two full days to spend time with them at the weekend. I prioritise seeing and doing things with them at the weekend. So if I am going to come they will be coming with me. Do you think they would enjoy a trip to Boundary Park?

What does the club do for families ? How much would it cost ? How long would it take me to travel ?

Just because you say its bull:censored: doesn't mean it is...

If you are happy to sacarfice with your kids then that is your choice. But other people have a different world view.

It's bull:censored: because...

"I stop going because I couldn't continue to throw good money after bad on an owner/s who don't have a :censored:ing clue."

To which you followed up with you'd be back when they've gone. Mmmmm...I guess all the other things will be insignificant then eh.

It's bull:censored: because...

"I stop going because I couldn't continue to throw good money after bad on an owner/s who don't have a :censored:ing clue."

To which you followed up with you'd be back when they've gone. Mmmmm...I guess all the other things will be insignificant then eh.

Oh look, you quoted out of context again...

I also said "If I am coming back, my wife and my kid are coming with me"....

But you don't do "the full" picture do you... That is too complex....

There are several reasons I stopped coming... There is also a number of things which would have to change to make me come back...

But you just want to paint it as the fact they aren't doing well at the moment... Just really dim point of view to keep pushing and its pretty cheap stuff.

Edited by oafc0000

Oh look, you quoted out of context again...

I also said "If I am coming back, my wife and my kid are coming with me"....

But you don't do "the full" picture do you... That is too complex....

There are several reasons I stopped coming... There is also a number of things which would have to change to make me come back...

But you just want to paint it as the fact they aren't doing well at the moment... Just really dim point of view to keep pushing and its pretty cheap stuff.

It's all here for everyone to read. Folk can make their own minds up in what context they want to take it.

It's all here for everyone to read. Folk can make their own minds up in what context they want to take it.

I will translate...

I have had my cheap digs so won't bother tackling the real points, and hope others will come along and help out with cheap digs...

Close your door on the way out, there's a good lad...

Edited by oafc0000

Like I said, there is no debate. You've made your own points invalid. See you again when Corney has left the building. Come on...lets have a "the last word competition"

Its not about having the last word. Its about you quoting out of context and cherry picking what is important and what is not. Its the tool of a silly billy....

I make several points and you think only one is valid ?

Edited by oafc0000

Bet when times have been better, they've thanked the Lord for Latics to get away from the wife/kids etc.

And yes, I do think it's weak to walk away because they're not enjoying it. Been there myself. But the club needs us. 3000 fans still left going X £0 is £0.00 the last time I checked. Assisted suicide if we all walk away.

No. I enjoy spending time with my family. That's why what's on offer would have to justify giving up part of my weekend with them.

Isn't enjoyment what it's all about - the reason we all watch football in the first place? Of course, we all know that there's a chance Latics will be crap on the day and get mullered or play out a dull 0-0, but you keep going back on the basis that it'll be better next game. At the moment, Latics are consistently terrible at home, unable to win and setting up negatively, so people know the likelihood of being entertained is pretty remote.

Probably not, we'll still be :censored: just in a lower division.

If this team/squad/management team was in League 2, we would be nowhere near the top spots, we can't win a game.

Yep. A few years from now Barry will be telling us all that we're operating on one of the smallest budgets in League 2.