Why relegation doesn't matter...

...if you're Simon Corney.

The financial turnover of the club will reduce and the club will continue to be run on a break even basis. Lower turnover reduces the risk to a break even approach.

The OEC income will continue to go to the owners of OEC, with payments ensuring there's no profit to be passed to the club. The non matchday bookings will be unaffected by relegation.

The football club will gain nothing as the gate receipts would have been paid in other stands.

Corney will do nothing to actively fight for the future of the club now.

It's all about taking what he can whilst the club goes through a managed decline.

Are we going to sell those boxes at £13k a throw for league 2 football?

League 1 isn't too different to League 2. The people who bought those boxes are fans or corporates who like the corporate experience regardless of who's playing. There's teams in the league below that will draw attention as much as this league.

We'll never know unless it happens but I doubt it will affect us too much. Besides OEC is aiming to be self sufficient outside of football. As I said, Brassbank and Blitz aren't really bothered about Oldham Athletic and the football is something they're stuck with because they can't shift the club and land together.

They'd quite happily sell the club and keep the stadium and land

League 1 isn't too different to League 2. The people who bought those boxes are fans or corporates who like the corporate experience regardless of who's playing. There's teams in the league below that will draw attention as much as this league.

We'll never know unless it happens but I doubt it will affect us too much. Besides OEC is aiming to be self sufficient outside of football. As I said, Brassbank and Blitz aren't really bothered about Oldham Athletic and the football is something they're stuck with because they can't shift the club and land together.

Never an option though.

Brassbank will get naff all they own the land not the building.

Hospitality is a low profit margin business the company I used to work for did Goodison park the profit margin was 15% of turnover.

Don't forget we lost goodwill due to the delays.

Just a stab in the dark. What's the possibility of blitz giving the club away but us then having to rent the ground back, with blitz et Al keepig the land the stand and any profit that goes with it. Would it be a viable option for both parties? Would we be better or worse off in that scenario

Just a stab in the dark. What's the possibility of blitz giving the club away but us then having to rent the ground back, with blitz et Al keepig the land the stand and any profit that goes with it. Would it be a viable option for both parties? Would we be better or worse off in that scenario

1.Blitz doesn't own the club Corney does.

2. This is the big one that we all need to get our heads around. Brassbank own the land OAFC own the building their fore people are renting from OAFC to use the north stand.

3.OEC is an events company that uses the north stand facilities pays OAFC a fee or a % of profit or turnover to put on events.

Their are many reasons why we are going down the idea that Simon Corney or Blitz will profit from it is not one of them.

What an absolute disgrace that would be if true. Buy a football club and if things don't work out on the pitch, (the whole point in buying us) then work out a plan to break even without the football going on! Resulting in things on the pitch going to pot!

I hope to hell this isn't right, but does feel that way.

Totally understand the business side of it, it's all logical but what an absolute disgrace! Buying a club is supposed to be about the football!! Not the land / stand etc!!

Those that will say they understand and would do it themselves as it makes perfect business sense aren't Oldham Athletic fans!! We're supposed to want the football to succeed!!!!

Only a supporters trust takeover would go for such a scenario, then you've got a Stockport on your hands.

There wouldn't be an away following over 1000 in League 2. Many would be around the 150 mark.

Bradford, Sheffield, Rochdale, Bury, Blackpool, Wigan, Barnsley, Coventry help pay the bills.

They probably contribute 10,000+ admissions themselves. Those eight alone would be more than we'd get from all 23 sides in League 2.

Edited by NewBlue

If Corney etc bought the club with the purpose of making money from it then they have done an absolutely terrible job of it. They have spent millions on the club and are very unlikely to make the money back.

I don't have a problem with them trying to recoup some of that money back so long as it doesn't affect the club.

The way the board have managed the club of late has been shambolic. From Ched to LJ to the new stand and new manager appointments and lack of stability that's led to players going elsewhere when they wanted to stay here it's been a horrible 12 months from them. I don't have any confidence in them to get it right.

Changes are needed at board level as well as manager level.