Convince me!

It is proving increasingly hard to answer this question with your 'head'.

Quality of the football on the pitch is at about the lowest I have seen it (nearly 30 years a ST holder) and probably have the least amount of affinity with the squad ever. When we were scrapping for our lives in this division for a few years we had a manager that fans cared for (Ritchie) and a mixture of home grown players (albeit mostly rubbish) that seemed to care and a couple of high quality old hands (Sheridan, Eyres) that probably kept the team up - backed by what now looks like decent numbers of supporters (though at the time didn't feel like it).

At the moment we have a (for me) a team of faceless players that I don't care about, and a manager that I am increasingly struggling to defend.

Perhaps the best answer is that the bad times are what make the good feel so special. I was young when I was watching the Royle era, but remember watching the reactions of supporters at the time that had watched us for 30 years. They seemed to take more pleasure out of that success as a result - perhaps this is our generation earning the right to shed a tear as we once again become a team that others fear.

You shouldn't need a reason to walk away. You either love the club are you don't. Have a break, yes. Let's face it, the constant pile of :censored:e gets to us all. But walk away? For ever? Really?

I'm afraid that i can't resist making a judgement. Your club, stick by it. Postmodern, cry baby bollocks.

So what? let them be a post modern cry babies.

If the season carries on in its current trend I'm no doubt this message board will have more of these posts "I can remember the good times, I've been going for years and years and I'm not renewing my season ticket because we suffer too much" So what? anyone planning on making one of these self indulgent posts in the next few months guess what, I don't care!! walk away, I'm not judging people for walking away I do think its weird that some people have to come on here and justify why they don't go or that they almost need the rest of us to convince them to go.

One of the worst phrases in football is "long suffering fans" we don't suffer we choose to turn up, anyone believes they suffer watching a football team needs to find a new hobby. Ive been abit pissed off at the final whistle at the last god knows how may home games but then I just forget about it, it isn't my fault Oldham Athletic lost on saturday.

So what? let them be a post modern cry babies.

If the season carries on in its current trend I'm no doubt this message board will have more of these posts "I can remember the good times, I've been going for years and years and I'm not renewing my season ticket because we suffer too much" So what? anyone planning on making one of these self indulgent posts in the next few months guess what, I don't care!! walk away, I'm not judging people for walking away I do think its weird that some people have to come on here and justify why they don't go or that they almost need the rest of us to convince them to go.

One of the worst phrases in football is "long suffering fans" we don't suffer we choose to turn up, anyone believes they suffer watching a football team needs to find a new hobby. Ive been abit pissed off at the final whistle at the last god knows how may home games but then I just forget about it, it isn't my fault Oldham Athletic lost on saturday.

Well said that man

There is no logical explanation to convince you to go. Its just good to care about something this much. Thats why we post on here, because we do care. When we step inside BP, we feel something, its our church, were we spend a couple of hours escaping the stresses of life, relationships, the mortgage, the bills, the dwindling bank balance. Its escapism where, along with 3500 other disciples, we come together with a common goal to worship our team. Yes its a completely ludicrous wallet emptying cult run by charlatons, but its our cult. Its good to care about something this much. So dont give up,come together and ride out this storm and the good times (relatively) will return.

I said this about couple of months ago, but if you feel passionately opposed to the current workings of the club and feel disillusioned then attend some youth games.

Tomorrow night (I think) the kids play Bournemouth in the Cup. Costs £4 to get in and they'd appreciate the support; not only that, it would act as a positive protest against the way the first team operates. It won't happen, but if enough support for the idea was generated and they pulled in a 2000+ crowd it would turn the club's attention. Perhaps if they get through to the next round and draw a home fixture it could be coordinated.

It's not much, but it's better than words on a screen as a form of venting your frustration, and it might even reignite your affection.

I said this about couple of months ago, but if you feel passionately opposed to the current workings of the club and feel disillusioned then attend some youth games.

Tomorrow night (I think) the kids play Bournemouth in the Cup. Costs £4 to get in and they'd appreciate the support; not only that, it would act as a positive protest against the way the first team operates. It won't happen, but if enough support for the idea was generated and they pulled in a 2000+ crowd it would turn the club's attention. Perhaps if they get through to the next round and draw a home fixture it could be coordinated.

It's not much, but it's better than words on a screen as a form of venting your frustration, and it might even reignite your affection.

I think the draw has been made, could be wrong, but I seem to remember it was Luton at home.

Edited by BP1960