Administartion

Keyboard warriors have forced questions to be asked in the House of Commons, by the same token questions could be asked in the OAFC boardroom as a result of fans internet activity.

Isn't it 100,000 or something like that for a petition to have to be discussed in parliament?

However the situation at Latics is different. MP's in the house of commons are elected by the public to (supposedly) represent them. The directors at Latics aren't apart from the seat that the Trust has on the board. So it needs the trust to press the questions, however if you feel that it isn't, then do something about it.

To be fair, anyone who raises the idea of taking any sort of action whatsoever in relation to Latics gets shot down immediately.

Then they need to be made of sterner stuff.

Most times I have seen them shot down is because their argument or reason was flawed.

Our energies are best focussed on support to save us from relegation and halping find a buyer.

As Singe says, be made of sterner stuff. If you make a challenge to any authority/those in some sort of power you are always going to either be resisted by those in authority/power or those who are scared of change.

People either need to be pro-active or stop saying the same stuff (however valid some of it might be) and moaning when nothing is done about it when they themselves are not trying to actively do anything about it.

Edited by RobOAFC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So has anyone who is seriously concerned tried to do anything?

Have you contacted the trust? Attended trust meetings to try get something sorted? Have you e-mailed Corney asking whether the previous offer to see the books is still open? Have you tried to set up some form of supporters association to try get answers? Maybe even a protest that has a targeted objective and a set plan to achieve this objective?

Or are you still spouting the same argument from behind a keyboard for however many months and years whilst doing jack :censored: about it and continuing to moan about no answers?

I'm not defending the club here, no doubt there has been poor decisions and management from those at the top. Clearly some stuff is unclear. But if you really want answers, then do something about it. Keep saying the same stuff on here won't change a thing.

I have attended a meeting with Simon brooke at the club.

Attended the open fans trust meeting. To be honest it was the first one I attended and was shocked at the size of the turn out. 10 Including club reps.

Also suggested a protest lol.

So yes I have tried and as mentioned got shot down.

Although I do agree if as many people did it who spout off more chance of being heard.Lots of people say lots of things and do jack :censored: about it.

Attended the open fans trust meeting. To be honest it was the first one I attended and was shocked at the size of the turn out. 10 Including club reps.

Although I do agree if as many people did it who spout off more chance of being heard.Lots of people say lots of things and do jack :censored: about it.

When is the next one?

Fair play for being pro-active.

How did you feel the meeting with Simon Brooke and the Trust went?

The 20 years lease is a bit concerning, it actually ends on 12th July 2031 - which is only 15 years away, and as we know time flies quickly.

So what happens, a lease renewal, or no ground after 2031?

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/59263/goalden-handshake

Option for another 20. No idea what the terms and conditions of the further 20 are though.

Fair play for being pro-active.

How did you feel the meeting with Simon Brooke and the Trust went?

Well like he has said in his statement tonight he is a fan first and formost.

I know from a recent dealing with him that the fans come first for him 100%.

He is in a very tough role role imagine having to represent us oafc fans. He knows that things need to change and I do think he is fighting hard to make a diffrence but it must be difficult for him considering the year we have just had. All I can say to anyone yet to speak to him then do.

The trust meeting was good in terms of topics discussed and imput. I would urge as many people as possible to attened the next open fans trust meeting. Someone from the trust can answer the when and where it will be I dont know. The more that go the louder concerns are heard.

Well like he has said in his statement tonight he is a fan first and formost.

I know from a recent dealing with him that the fans come first for him 100%.

He is in a very tough role role imagine having to represent us oafc fans. He knows that things need to change and I do think he is fighting hard to make a diffrence but it must be difficult for him considering the year we have just had. All I can say to anyone yet to speak to him then do.

The trust meeting was good in terms of topics discussed and imput. I would urge as many people as possible to attened the next open fans trust meeting. Someone from the trust can answer the when and where it will be I dont know. The more that go the louder concerns are heard.

Good to see someone actually getting involved and trying to get answers rather than just saying the same stuff on here over and over.

Why an option, why not a full 40 years?

We have 'options' on some players until 2017, doesn't mean we will keep them.

No idea. Might be to charge more for the lease if we've moved up leagues or have higher revenue or kick us out when the initial 20 years is up?

The OEC would be stuffed without Latics now anyway and the owners most likely know it.

Good to see someone actually getting involved and trying to get answers rather than just saying the same stuff on here over and over.

No idea. Might be to charge more for the lease if we've moved up leagues or have higher revenue or kick us out when the initial 20 years is up?

The OEC would be stuffed without Latics now anyway and the owners most likely know it.

The OEC would not be totally stuffed.

If BP was redeveloped to a retail park and other events/business/retail it could stand on it's own two feet. Of course, I doubt it will be popular, but it could also be easily turned into something else. You could aslo build a Premier Inn type place as part of that . It would look a bit odd, but that doesn't mean it could not work.

Given the history, and lack of cashing in of debt, then it seems unlikely we would be stiched up.

We definitely shouyld not be complacement, and should work towards guarnateeing we could not be stiched up.