Questions/Answers for the Trust meetings

singe

It can be difficult to track questions and answers, so I plan to use this thread to update the questions.

(A bit like the squad thread)

Probably in line with the meetings, though there is a degree of sense in it being by topic.

It will also help to see questions that have made it to the agenda, so I will wrk iwth Tracy & LL on this.

It is not trying to replace the minutes, just extract the salient points.

https://www.facebook.com/TrustOldham

Edited by singe

JUNE 2015 Trust Meeting.

Janet Winterbottom asked a question about the Trust's current methods of communication with fans, and highlighted the need for any communication to be concise.

Ryan Green stated that a range of Athletico’s merchandise, would be available for sale during the next season, and was hoping to be able to sell on matchdays. SB and RA agreed they would look into this with Ryan.

Kevin Birkett has asked via Facebook for clarification on the split of the Chair and Board Representative role. Clarification statements are to follow on Trust Oldham website to answer this point. He also asked about a potential Q+A being arranged. SB said there would be a further manager/player/director Q+A when the club clarify the availability of facilities within the new stand.

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/TO-Notes-15.06.22.docx

Edited by singe

18th MAY 2015 Trust meeting.

(1) 1895 Fan Bar in new stand.

SB stated that the club had agreed that the Trust would have a permanent presence in the 1895 Fan Bar in the new stand on match days.

The venue could be used for regular Trust run events eg Q and A sessions; Meet the Manager.

(3) Cricket Match

MH had been looking into the possibility of holding a cricket match between the club and a local league cricket team over the summer.

(4) Quiz Night

MH had also been developing ideas for a Quiz Night with a local pub

Merchandising

A discussion took place about a range of merchandise items - polo shirts; legacy badges; stickers

Marketing and website update

SB reported that the club had offered the Trust a base in the Main Stand and the Rochdale Road end on match days. These would be the booths formerly used as betting shops.

A link on the club website to the Trust website allows easier access to Trust news and updates for all fans.

All 2015/2016 season tickets will hopefully include details of membership of the Trust.

Flag

ML reported that fans were looking for funding for a new flag. It was agreed that support including publicity on the Official website could be given once potential costings/campaign parameters were known.

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Trust-Notes-15-05-18.docx

16th March Trust meeting

Marketing update

SB has meeting arranged with Neil Joy to discuss future commercial activities

Info for AGM ready for website. Fans info to go on official web site.

The Trust information board is to be relocated to a more visual site not yet identified.

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Trust-board-meeting-notes-16-March-2015.docx

19th January 2015 Trust meeting

OWTB

A discussion took place about the most effective communication medium for getting the Trust message across. There had recently been a number of posts and lengthy threads about the Trust on OWTB, although there had been no issues raised via the Trust website.

It was agreed that:

(1) the Trust website be used for all official press releases from the Trust,

(2) the Trust website be used as the initial communication medium for the Trust,

(3) a link from the official club website to the Trust website be finalised,

(4) CH and TW continue to respond (where appropriate) to posts on OWTB

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Trust-Notes-15-01-19.docx

Edited by singe

15th February 2015 Trust meeting

(1) Fans Meeting

The fans meeting had taken place on 2 February 2015, and was attended by 13 fans.. The meeting had also been attended by Paul Whitehead representing Holroy, and Jenny Warburton and Mark Moisley from the club.

OWTB Messageboard

Directors were reminded that only authorised information should be referred to on OWTB messageboard.

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Trust-Notes-15-02-16.docx

• 3 months later...

1) in the absence of a buyer what is the plan/strategy on progressing the football club? And how far ahead does the plan project?

2) how is the club being promoted to potential buyers and how much interest is there?

3) how has the new stadium impacted football budgets versus the initial expectations that were quoted as putting us in the top of this division in terms of budget?

Etc etc

• 1 month later...

I've just tried to arrange a kids birthday party only to be told the club doesn't do them anymore.

Madness.

I was expecting to be giving the club about £200.

This not long after I wasn't able to give them £120 for the end of season do (plus the cost of a lot of beer) despite me chasing the club more than once to try to spend this money.

Could one of you make the club aware of these latest business prevention strategies please.....

I've just tried to arrange a kids birthday party only to be told the club doesn't do them anymore.

Madness.

I was expecting to be giving the club about £200.

This not long after I wasn't able to give them £120 for the end of season do (plus the cost of a lot of beer) despite me chasing the club more than once to try to spend this money.

Could one of you make the club aware of these latest business prevention strategies please.....

I know we are not going to meet up for a bit, can I ask when is the little ones party just in case I need to flag this sooner for you. Thanks Harry Edited by underdog

• 3 weeks later...

I know we are not going to meet up for a bit, can I ask when is the little ones party just in case I need to flag this sooner for you. Thanks Harry

We spent the money with another place.

Apparently, they don't do the kids parties that they did when there were 3 stands because, now we have 4 stands including the OEC they don't have the facilities. :grin:

Reason I'm back on this thread is because I've just been in to get him the new kit for his birthday but they don't do Age 6 to 7! :lol:

I now make that £360+ since the end of the season. Marvellous...

Joking aside this is all :censored:ing ludicrous. I'm just one person and I'm a tight bastard - whoever is making these decisions must be costing the club thousands & thousands that we can't afford not to have.

Apparently, they don't do the kids parties that they did when there were 3 stands because, now we have 4 stands including the OEC they don't have the facilities. :grin:

Reason I'm back on this thread is because I've just been in to get him the new kit for his birthday but they don't do Age 6 to 7! :lol:

Joking aside this is all :censored:ing ludicrous. I'm just one person and I'm a tight bastard - whoever is making these decisions must be costing the club thousands & thousands that we can't afford not to have.

I don't blame you, think I'd be a bit peeved too. I will flag it at the next meeting cheers for the feedback

• 7 months later...
On 02/08/2016 at 0:23 PM, HarryBosch said:

Edited by HarryBosch

• 9 months later...