Wouldn't it be nice if Latics occasionally got this sort of publicity?

Meet the 8 year old boy with autism who can now enjoy watching his beloved Sunderland AFC, thanks to a sensory room they've built especially for him. Before this, Nathan wasn't able to cheer on his team because the noise of the crowds were just too much for him.

Posted by BBC Breakfast on Thursday, 4 February 2016

Meet the 8 year old boy with autism who can now enjoy watching his beloved Sunderland AFC, thanks to a sensory room they've built especially for him. Before this, Nathan wasn't able to cheer on his team because the noise of the crowds were just too much for him.Posted by BBC Breakfast on Thursday, 4 February 2016

Making a rod for your own back there. Will that mean you will then have to build a sensory room for every child who has Autism....?

pink kit? for the cancer unit?

i bet someone on here moaned about the kit.

Our club has had good publicity but our fans tend to dwell on the bad while pointing out the good of others

If I remember rightly our returning messiah Mr John Sheridan moaned thatt the publicity surrounding the kit was a distraction as he tried to prepare the team for the Leeds match

Edited by Magister

Seven years ago.

I knew someone would do that.

Is there a time stamp at Boundary Park? let me know when people will shut the :censored: up about Ched then please.

Someone moaned about Lees in the 90s last week

Chris Moore is mentioned every month

I dont recall another club doing anything similar in the last 7 years?

Making a rod for your own back there. Will that mean you will then have to build a sensory room for every child who has Autism....?

Did you watch the video? The room is for people of all ages with sensory difficulties and has been full for every game since opening. Even away fans have used it.

Thanks. Interesting.......where does Football in the Community fit in? Don't most clubs have one as a registered charity? Who funds those? Who pays the salaries of the likes of Keith Hicks at Rochdale and the job that John Platts did at Latics?

Yes all football clubs have either Community Trusts or Foundations, they are now what the old football in the community set-ups were.

Each foundation/community trust is in itself it`s own organisation, they pay there staff out of their accounts through the various different funding streams they recieve. Some income streams are self generating (such as our schools programme and holiday clubs) and some are externally funded (such as our Kicks project which is ran by the Premier League with funding recieved through them aswell as from other sources).

The aim of each Community Trust is different, you can find out more about the work we do and our aims by visiting:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/communitytrust/

If you have anyother questions please drop our community manager a line at martin.vose@oldhamathletic.co.uk.

I knew someone would do that.

Is there a time stamp at Boundary Park? let me know when people will shut the :censored: up about Ched then please.

Someone moaned about Lees in the 90s last week

Chris Moore is mentioned every month

I dont recall another club doing anything similar in the last 7 years?

Yes but since that publicity which made the national news, we've made the national news for trying to (twice) sign a rapist and another player who has been convicted of death by careless driving.

That'll stick more in most peoples minds over something we did 7/8 years ago.