The Play offs league 1 and 2

Of course - but every other club was in the same position and didn't pounce . There was a general shared belief that good enough .

I think I mentioned Gregory favourably on here when he was at Halifax along with Dan Gardner, on the other side of the coin I wouldn't have recommended Matt Smith when he was at Droylsden, you can't win them all.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Kelly recruit the now Premiership bound George Green?

C'mon BP1960. You know as well as I do that DK had nowt to do with that..... nor - in his defence - did he have anything to do with Mills, Croft or Cassidy. In fact, one of the main reasons for his demise was that his attempts at recruitment were almost non existent.

C'mon BP1960. You know as well as I do that DK had nowt to do with that..... nor - in his defence - did he have anything to do with Mills, Croft or Cassidy. In fact, one of the main reasons for his demise was that his attempts at recruitment were almost non existent.

Maybe he thought he would see how those retained played before recruiting, by then it was too late.

Maybe he thought he would see how those retained played before recruiting, by then it was too late.

...so, having arrived in May and had all summer to assess his charges, he thought it sensible to pin his hopes to Gavin Gunning, or at the 11th hour, a kid from Middlesbrough's U21's, as the CB leader?

...and you're arguing that was fine are you?

Where was Holden in all this? It took Dunn another dozen games after Kelly went to come out and say we needed a leader at the back despite it being glaringly obvious to 90 percent of our fans.

No-one, as far as I'm aware, is obfuscating on their behalf as they are for others.