The Play offs league 1 and 2

The league 2 play offs are fairly even after the first legs, a 2-2 draw between Portsmouth and Plymouth and Wimbledon sneaking a late win against Stanley, they both could go either way, I want Stanley to do it. Feel if Portsmouth come up they could get some momentum going and could be a force in league 1 next season.

Barnsley have 1 foot in the final after the first leg, Walsall were poor. I just have a feeling it will be Millwall that will do it and go up. If that's the case you could see Bradford being the team to beat next season.

What do we all think?

Edited by GlossopLatic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much to split them.

Bradford know how to win matches in this division, despite having a relatively average side. Millwall are similar. Barnsley have a lot of quality, so I expect them to do it if anybody, but all 3 have gone into it in form. Only team who had fluctuating form were Walsall, and they got dispatched.

I expect Walsall to lose their best 3 players and go back to mediocrity next season. The two who don't get promoted from the other 3 will probably make the play-offs again next season, if not go one step better...

Edit: Millwall lucky not to have that player sent off for handball there...

Edited by NewBlue

Yeah I can't see Walsall keeping hold of sawyer and I can't see Gillingham keeping hold of Bradley Dack for the same reasons.

Good to see Chris Taylor still being an annoying little :censored: on the penalty. Think Millwall are the one team who can deal best with Bradfords physical approach and just have that extra bit of quality which will see them beat Bradford over 2 legs.

Yeah I can't see Walsall keeping hold of sawyer and I can't see Gillingham keeping hold of Bradley Dack for the same reasons.

Good to see Chris Taylor still being an annoying little :censored: on the penalty. Think Millwall are the one team who can deal best with Bradfords physical approach and just have that extra bit of quality which will see them beat Bradford over 2 legs.

Hopefully. Would rather lose Millwall given the Southern teams entering the division - envisage Bradford being a great away game too if we ever have any success. Not a popular one with our fans, which is a bit surprising given how near it is.

Tom Bradshaw and Rico Henry will also leave Walsall. Not forgetting they don't actually have a manager at the moment either. Gillingham also supposedly going to lose John Egan too.

Morrison and Gregory are that quality difference!

Edited by NewBlue

Hopefully. Would rather lose Millwall given the Southern teams entering the division - envisage Bradford being a great away game too if we ever have any success. Not a popular one with our fans, which is a bit surprising given how near it is.

Tom Bradshaw and Rico Henry will also leave Walsall. Not forgetting they don't actually have a manager at the moment either. Gillingham also supposedly going to lose John Egan too.

Morrison and Gregory are that quality difference!

Indeed 25 for Gregory 19 for Morrison aslong as you create a few chances and don't give too many sloppy goals away with that kind of fire power up top you will get play offs minimum.

I've been to a couple of superb away days at Bradford where we've sold out.

Not popular?

It's roughly the same distance as Wigan, Blackpool, Leeds, Blackburn etc.

Can't imagine us struggling to make 1000 at any of them for a Saturday 3pm kick-off.

Wouldn't Plymouth staying down be best for us assuming Shez will go back for one or two as managers usually do?

Luke McCormick? Signed by Shez, made captain by Shez,a more experienced keeper than Coleman (Shez suggested he would be bringing one in) and out of contract as it stands.

Luke McCormick? Signed by Shez, made captain by Shez,a more experienced keeper than Coleman (Shez suggested he would be bringing one in) and out of contract as it stands.

Please no.

Decent keeper no doubt, but he'd add to our reputation following Hughes and Evans.

The abuse he regularly receives in Devon derbies is merciless.

The only positive I have about Reuben Reid is that he was better than Jordan Slew.

Give me Plymouth or AFC away and Millwall going up and that will make next season a belter.

On a side note, Im whacking a tenner on Bristol Rovers going up next year.