• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we are doing London Bridge to Canada Water, then Canada Water to Surrey quays. Wetherspoons around the corner from the station and a 0.5 walk to the ground

The Spoons on the Lower Road? All the best. Nice reading your posts these last few years.

If he can perfect his "bowl" by Saturday I'm sure he'll be fine.

The Rake, Winchester Walk (I know), Borough Market, SE1 9AG, is very small but very good if you like yer beer... Five minutes walk from LB. Be warned though, the barman is a Burnley fan...

Well now...if you're going that far out, you can have the Market Porter, the Mudlark or the Globe in Borough Market. If you're planning to lay down the groundwork for a massive sesh, why not try Wright Brothers porter and oyster bar?

Well now...if you're going that far out, you can have the Market Porter, the Mudlark or the Globe in Borough Market. If you're planning to lay down the groundwork for a massive sesh, why not try Wright Brothers porter and oyster bar?

Also, if you need an emergency pint before your train... The Bree Louise just around the corner from Euston...

Slightly off topic but have Adele and Mark (ex Rifle Range) got the Grey Mare now?

Yeah and they still have the Blue Belle (and Tara Lesiure too now). IIRC I believe any Latics coaches/booze buses that Mark puts on are now being run from the Grey Mare.

If he can perfect his "bowl" by Saturday I'm sure he'll be fine.

As in haircut?

It's a way of walking that people are proud of in those parts.

How do I know this but you don't? :lol:

http://brockley.blogspot.co.uk/2007/06/where-is-sarf-london.html

"As for Bermondsey alot of my pals live there and they do have that air of being nothing but Bermonsey ,the pub down there called The Blue Anchor lends it's name to much of the area just known as the Blue ,they are a different breed they even have a name for the way they walk called The Bermondsey Bowl ."

It's a way of walking that people are proud of in those parts.

How do I know this but you don't? :lol:

http://brockley.blogspot.co.uk/2007/06/where-is-sarf-london.html

"As for Bermondsey alot of my pals live there and they do have that air of being nothing but Bermonsey ,the pub down there called The Blue Anchor lends it's name to much of the area just known as the Blue ,they are a different breed they even have a name for the way they walk called The Bermondsey Bowl ."

I only pass through and do not talk to the locals. The steward draws the curtains in the carriage as we pass "the blue" - if he forgets, we beat him with our umbrellas.

To be fair, Lou Farrow's pie and mash is decent - fixed seats, the lot. Don't have the liquor though. Northerners can never acquire the taste.

And whoever wrote that is from Brockley, which isn't even in London.

Thinking of driving now...4 hours free parking at Surrey Quays shopping centre. Bollocks to London Village :censored:ty transport system!!

You can street park within five minutes of the ground if you get there early enough. Have to walk past the home end but it was no bother.