First Division Days 1991-92

Not sure I would describe the Wembley draw as injustice. Heart breaking, yes. But where was the injustice? Amount of time added on maybe but don't remember thinking it was anything like the Fergie time against Wednesday the following season.

I still feel more upset that Sharp put an easy chance to win it agonisingly wide.

As for the PL. Every other club had eventually voted yes, Stott held out until the end when it was a done deal and not signing would have effectively relegated us.

Not sure I would describe the Wembley draw as injustice. Heart breaking, yes. But where was the injustice? Amount of time added on maybe but don't remember thinking it was anything like the Fergie time against Wednesday the following season.

I still feel more upset that Sharp put an easy chance to win it agonisingly wide.

I'd call it an injustice. 1-0 up with seconds left.... having been comfortable all day, never really looking like conceding..... and - as you point out - having missed a gilt edged chance to go 2-0 up.... it's a f#ckin travesty.

Latics lost 1-0 to a McClair goal in the 85th minute. Then came the wrongly disallowed equaliser, with Reds laughing at us. One of several injustices suffered at their hands!

Was it the first FA cup semi final when the ball was clearly over the line against them. Happened about 20 years earlier too. I seem to remember a Ronnie Blair header hitting the back net stanchion and rebounding out, but not given.

Edited by BP1960

Was it the first FA cup semi final when the ball was clearly over the line against them. Happened about 20 years earlier too. I seem to remember a Ronnie Blair header hitting the back net stanchion and rebounding out, but not given.

It was the first semi-final replay when TV replays confirmed Nick Henry's 'goal'. The ref was Joe Worrall, alleged to have been a United season ticket holder.

For Ronnie Blair's 'goal' - see picture in post #26.

Trying to remember why I didn't get a ticket for the Old Trafford game that season and I think it was because season ticket holders could either use their voucher for Anfield or Old Trafford is that right? I remember watching us at Anfield but I think we only got around 3000 for each fixture.

Secured Anfield tickets (my stub below !) after a 12 hour queue overnight on Sheepfoot Lane - We all took it in turns to go back to the cars for 1 hour kips .

There were even sofa's and armchairs in the queue ! The banter amongst the couple of thousand 'tics that night/morning was incredible - residents were probably fuming.

Seem to recall the OT allocation didn't sell out initially, so allowed Anfield attendees to quckly snap up, meaning I got to both.

Secured Anfield tickets (my stub below !) after a 12 hour queue overnight on Sheepfoot Lane - We all took it in turns to go back to the cars for 1 hour kips .

There were even sofa's and armchairs in the queue ! The banter amongst the couple of thousand 'tics that night/morning was incredible - residents were probably fuming.

Seem to recall the OT allocation didn't sell out initially, so allowed Anfield attendees to quckly snap up, meaning I got to both.

yep freezing cold night sat on a car foot matt outside the chaddy turnstiles in the que realy good banter and cameraaderie amongst those waiting all night for tickets to then get manure tickets was a bonus made up for having to miss the Chelsea game due to work

Historic inflation calculator shows £11 ticket price in 1991 would be £22.56 today.

We was first in Q for ST and Liverpool / Utd tickets, had seats and battery powered tv!

It was easy to get tickets for both Liverpool / Utd games .... you handed over your cash and voucher A to the ticket office, they handed you a ticket and a voucher A!!!

We was first in Q for ST and Liverpool / Utd tickets, had seats and battery powered tv!

It was easy to get tickets for both Liverpool / Utd games .... you handed over your cash and voucher A to the ticket office, they handed you a ticket and a voucher A!!!

Non of those problems at Dulwich Hamlet eh?

In the 2-0 League Cup defeat , we were losing one nil after a couple of minutes.

I recall the useless new full back we paid a fortune for being subbed after a shot went for a throw in.

I went to this game instead of seeing Nirvana at the Academy .......wrong choice

Yeah the plot got lost wiv the McDonald's snowdins Brennans of the world. Slowed us right down

Glynn Snodin was ace.... and was only on loan as cover for Barlow before we signed Pointon.... Ian Snodin came much later - he was signed by Sharp/Harvey. Brennan was good too.... not an out and out winger like Holden, but perfectly good enough for top division football.

McDonald was poor and a waste of money for £500k, but there was no reason to think he wouldn't have been OK - albeit it was he who messed up a back pass while playing for Everton in one of the FA Cup ties during the pinch me season that allowed Palmer to nip the ball through Neville Southall's legs.

What made us inferior to earlier years was replacing Barrett with Redmond, losing Redfearn because of Milligan coming back and then ending up with Lee Richardson selling Marshall and ending up Sean McCarthy. Don't get me wrong however, I liked Redmond, Richardson & McCarthy, they just weren't as good as what went before.

Edited by lookersstandandy

No joe took all the pace out of the team decided we couldn't play with 2 wingers and these players were past their best or not good enough. I know with hindsight we would would of all kept redfearn but there were a lot of better players who suited our play got transfered for the same money we paid for Sharp milligan Brennan Mcdonald kilkline etc...I think we had better players at the club but joe wanted to win 1 0 rather than 4 3 towards the end

I learned this weekend, that the Football League were offered 20% of all Premier League TV revenues in/around the year 2000.... which they turned down - presumably after putting a vote to the clubs - to independently pursue the then failed deal with ONDigital/itvdigital.

What a monumental catastrophe.

There was an offside in the build up to that equaliser, can't remember who it was now but under the old offside rule it should have been disallowed (and no amount of video evidence or contrary memories will ever convince me otherwise.)

I still remember being interviewed by GMR or piccadilly radio or someone outside Maine Rd before the replay and mentioning it then, surprisingly I was edited out :)

There was an offside in the build up to that equaliser, can't remember who it was now but under the old offside rule it should have been disallowed (and no amount of video evidence or contrary memories will ever convince me otherwise.)

I still remember being interviewed by GMR or piccadilly radio or someone outside Maine Rd before the replay and mentioning it then, surprisingly I was edited out :)

It was Bryan Robson plodding back with his zimmer frame that was offside, '94 rules could have easily chalked it off but he didn't really affect the passage of play so would have been harsh (funny mind) on United to give it. Was more miffed with Sharp's howler and big Joe for not putting Stitch on to kill the last minute.