Brian Wilson

Why is Wilson so often overlooked? Wasn't even on the bench last night. Good pro, was regular captain at Colchester so can help Clarke organise. Would've been good at CB or RB last night (Dummigan can play LB if Dunne or Reckord not fancied).

Wilson has experience and is pretty consistent. Played in our cup wins v Wigan & Fleetwood and scored v Blackburn recently. Played in the league win at Gillingham as well.

Should be given a run to help steady the ship in my opinion.

Why is Wilson so often overlooked? Wasn't even on the bench last night. Good pro, was regular captain at Colchester so can help Clarke organise. Would've been good at CB or RB last night (Dummigan can play LB if Dunne or Reckord not fancied).

Wilson has experience and is pretty consistent. Played in our cup wins v Wigan & Fleetwood and scored v Blackburn recently. Played in the league win at Gillingham as well.

Bound to be recalled now.

Even at leftback you'd imagine he would have handled Rhead far better than Reckord.

He's equally as :censored: with his head at left back than he is at centre half but if anyone thinks he's the answer crack on with that one, Rhead would of bullied him in the same way he did Reckord and Banks, this thread probably highlights how :censored:e we really have become.

We didn't play Reckord against Rhead, Rhead went looking for the weakest links he had a licence to roam and tactically we couldn't adapt to that, sacrificing a striker and assigning a player to man mark him would effectively null and voided Lincoln's attacking threat its not rocket science here, he's effectively a one dimensional non league clogger who brings others into play, right from the off he imposed himself on our defence and not one of them had it in them to step up and deal with him.

He's equally as :censored: with his head at left back than he is at centre half but if anyone thinks he's the answer crack on with that one, Rhead would of bullied him in the same way he did Reckord and Banks, this thread probably highlights how :censored:e we really have become.

It would be interesting to find out who in the Conference has kept Rhead quiet ?

He cant head a ball for toffee and is 6 inches shorter than Burgess but you'd play him against Rhead :icon_peace:

He's got better positional sense regarding picking up the ball after rhead wins the header. He reads the game better and he can play a simple pass. Not sure anyone on here has said Wilson should be in there because he'd have beat rhead in the air have they

Guest nonaenever

We didn't play Reckord against Rhead, Rhead went looking for the weakest links he had a licence to roam and tactically we couldn't adapt to that, sacrificing a striker and assigning a player to man mark him would effectively null and voided Lincoln's attacking threat its not rocket science here, he's effectively a one dimensional non league clogger who brings others into play, right from the off he imposed himself on our defence and not one of them had it in them to step up and deal with him.

Agree - I nearly lost my voice screaming at Clarke to just go and nullify him - my thinking was that if our international pedigree manager could not see the blindingly obvious then it was up to the captain to take it upon himself to sort things at the back. Fane may well have been an excellent choice to man mark him too - all irrelevant now - the clown will continue to conduct his circus as he sees fit.

"Effectively A player who brings people into play and imposed himself on our defence" ..and we should have assigned somebody to man mark him.

Sounds a bit more than a one dimensional non league clogger to me that

"Effectively A player who brings people into play and imposed himself on our defence" ..and we should have assigned somebody to man mark him.

Sounds a bit more than a one dimensional non league clogger to me that

Rhead now 32yo spent 10 years at North West Counties level and a few in the Conference yet we found him impossible to handle.

Why did he never play at least Division One level, and are there more Rhead's and Matt Smith's out there in non league?

Edited by BP1960

Found one similar to Rhead, was at Mossley, but not seen him play, I guess most would say he's not FL standard, but I bet he's a handful for any defence and can score goals?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Denton_(footballer)

I don't think Michael Higdon's doing anything at the moment....

Although, while I liked him, I don't think he's worth us coughing up early to get the embargo lifted...

Agree - I nearly lost my voice screaming at Clarke to just go and nullify him - my thinking was that if our international pedigree manager could not see the blindingly obvious then it was up to the captain to take it upon himself to sort things at the back. Fane may well have been an excellent choice to man mark him too - all irrelevant now - the clown will continue to conduct his circus as he sees fit.

To be fair Clarke :censored: out and didn't even challenge him for the flicked on header that lead to one of their goals. He didn't nullify him the odd occasion he was marking him.

What most of you are missing regarding the 1st goal is that it wasn't Rhead who scored it, it was Robinson.

The ball gets headed back into the centre of the goal Burgess was then caught flat footed and Robinson who was supposed to be being marked by Clarke in 2 yards of space tucks in the first.

It's the 2nd ball where the goal is conceded I expected Burgess and Clarke between them to have dealt with that. They shouldn't have been dragged wide with Rhead they were right to stay in the centre, you need you're centre backs in the middle of goal when crosses come in. Reckord could and should have made it more difficult for Rhead but it was an unmarked Robinson that scored the goal.

Oh and Brian Wilson well it says it all when people are suggesting him and croft are the answer.

Edited by GlossopLatic