League Tables 22.04.2017

At the top of the Premier League, nzlatic has a lead of 15 points. It's not impossible for him to be caught, but anything can happen in the last game of the season. disjointed and rosa swap over as the places for European football hots up. The only other move saw lookersstandandy and stevesidg change places. By failing to post a prediction, HarryBosch provided Bristolatic and jorvik_latic with a little breathing space. Either could still be relegated if results don't go their way. warwickshire latics is definitely relegated and Handsy is teetering on the brink, following on from his Cup Final defeat.

Premier League

DUsTpeE.jpg?2

03mwNga.jpg?2

Hometownclub looks nailed on to lift the Championship crown; JoeP can catch him, but would need a maximum 31 points provided Hometownclub draws a complete blank, but I think I can hear champagne corks popping already. The race for the play-offs is very tight, with only 21 points separating BP1960 in 3rd place and Laticsbiffo in 10th. With so many points to play for in the season's last game, it's still wide open. Even JoeP isn't guaranteed automatic promotion. "Down to the wire" is the watchword. Somewhat bizarrely, not one player changed places and I don't recall that ever happening previously.

Championship

NhFO3rx.jpg?2

h52ot2Y.jpg?2

nzlatic definitely felt the pressure this week. disjointed had a free swing and went for it, which is nice to see given the given (utter collapse, another devastating failure). 

It goes down to the wire...to an extent. I can't remember what the points difference was between me and nzlatic on Helicopter Sunday last season, but when it's in the balance, anything can happen. I'm not a massive believer on relying on attendance points, but with a potential sell-out crowd to watch two teams on the beach, that could be decisive. I suppose Latics have the clean sheets record to play for - and I reckon they'll sweat blood for it in the circumstances. Wimbledon nil is all but nailed on.

I've also got my fingers crossed for JoeP in his bid to make it back into the big time after another difficult year last year.

1 minute ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

nzlatic definitely felt the pressure this week. disjointed had a free swing and went for it, which is nice to see given the given (utter collapse, another devastating failure). 

It goes down to the wire...to an extent. I can't remember what the points difference was between me and nzlatic on Helicopter Sunday last season, but when it's in the balance, anything can happen. I'm not a massive believer on relying on attendance points, but with a potential sell-out crowd to watch two teams on the beach, that could be decisive. I suppose Latics have the clean sheets record to play for - and I reckon they'll sweat blood for it in the circumstances. Wimbledon nil is all but nailed on.

I've also got my fingers crossed for JoeP in his bid to make it back into the big time after another difficult year last year.

Have you been checking the forum every two minutes to see if the latest Prediction league tables are up too?

I've had a bad run, 3 poor results as I stagger toward the finish line in search of a Swansea Harrier to help get me there. 

Be an interesting helicopter Sunday this. Attendance points needed by someone if I'm going to lose and with a sell out crowd that's very achievable. 

16 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Have you been checking the forum every two minutes to see if the latest Prediction league tables are up too?

You know the answer to that. He's obsessed and wants to be invited back to the Prem. Not happening. He should rename his account AFC 24hours and start again.

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I've had a bad run, 3 poor results as I stagger toward the finish line in search of a Swansea Harrier to help get me there. 

Be an interesting helicopter Sunday this. Attendance points needed by someone if I'm going to lose and with a sell out crowd that's very achievable. 

I wonder if AFC Wimbledon count season-ticket holders as "present" even if they don't actually attend?

Might drop the club an e-mail to find out...

35 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I get notifications whenever league tables are posted...possibly because of the high quality of the punditry I provide.

16 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

You know the answer to that. He's obsessed and wants to be invited back to the Prem. Not happening. He should rename his account AFC 24hours and start again.

Talks are ongoing.

21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I agree. The whole match is very predictable so we can expect some high scores. What you don't want to do is miss out on the points by being too cute. 

Wimbledon nil has to be up there with the favourites. We won't care about getting nil as long as it's Wimbledon nil. If anyone's gonna score for us, it's Erwin or Clarke. And the attendance won't be too far away from the maximum. Bingo. In fact, the prediction league's second maximum after mine could be on the cards.

15 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I wonder if AFC Wimbledon count season-ticket holders as "present" even if they don't actually attend?

Might drop the club an e-mail to find out...

If you want it badly enough, you'll do what the other guy doesn't want to do.

12 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

I get notifications whenever league tables are posted...possibly because of the high quality of the punditry I provide.

Utter bollocks

Talks are ongoing.

We will see

I agree. The whole match is very predictable so we can expect some high scores. What you don't want to do is miss out on the points by being too cute. 

Fair point

Wimbledon nil has to be up there with the favourites. We won't care about getting nil as long as it's Wimbledon nil. If anyone's gonna score for us, it's Erwin or Clarke. And the attendance won't be too far away from the maximum. Bingo. In fact, the prediction league's second maximum after mine could be on the cards.

We all know it would be the first

Cheat?

34 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Sorry, I seem to missed the "high quality" bits

Talks are ongoing.

Not with me, they're not. Anyone else know of any "talks"

One of the few true comments in your (he, he, ho, ho,) punditry

You never managed a LEGAL maximum. I can't believe that you've resurrected this and stuck another dagger into poor Zorrro's heart. By the way, two other maximums have been scored; HarryBosch and yours truly. Both legally

I think you'll find they are all too honest to pull a copy of that stunt

1 hour ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

This is why I'm too big for your prediction league. Small-time tinpot low-ambition attitudes like that. Guessing the attendance is only one part of a maximum. You also need correct HT score, correct full-time score and correct first Latics scorer.

Which you also achieved by, to be polite shall we say, dubious means.