Rat boy come home

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balls

Official text on a 2 year deal !!Q

If we aren't paying for him and we aren't taking their other player on, I don't see this as a bad move. From what I've heard from other people whove seen him play recently, he's a totally different player. Let's not give him any stick!

If we aren't paying for him and we aren't taking their other player on, I don't see this as a bad move. From what I've heard from other people whove seen him play recently, he's a totally different player. Let's not give him any stick!

Yes a fee was involved, its believed to be around 30 k

Sheridan clearly rates him very highly and sees him as a key part of the team he is building, so that's good enough for me. I hope he's made to feel welcomed by the crowd

*dashes off to the Boardroom to discuss new novelty facemask idea*

Have seen him play 11 games in past two years, 3 v us and 8 v others bossed midfield in every game imo. Good luck Mark. Ignore the moaners and just get on with it. Just don't give him the 9 shirt.

He's got the 8. Hope he proves the moaners wrong!

Have seen him play 11 games in past two years, 3 v us and 8 v others bossed midfield in every game imo. Good luck Mark. Ignore the moaners and just get on with it. Just don't give him the 9 shirt.

Not what i wanted but will get behind him as he will

be pulling the Oldham shirt on!!!

Like I've been saying since we were first linked with him, give him a chance.

Every other new signing will get a few weeks (I hope) to settle in and show what they can do. I only hope people give Allott the same time. I doubt they will so all this has been a waste!

What an anti climax. Cant believe we've paid a fee for him.

Someone go round to Rocky's house and take away his shoelaces and any sharp objects eh?

This only looks bad seems bad because it's happened at the same time as Wellens doing the off. It's clearly not like one's replacing the other though, Allott was always coming here whether Wellens stayed or left. More realistically he's a replacement for Rocky, who was a player I rated but whose distribution could let him down. For me it confirms that nobody is getting near our team this season if he can't pass a football. That isn't so bad is it?

I'm sick of all this negativity about Allott. He was a bobbins striker agreed, but in the games we've played against Chesterfield since he went there he has been their outstanding player. In the match at BP last season he was by far the best player on the pitch in the first half. A local lad and a Latics fan, people have been crying out for loyalty on this and other boards and here we have it. He's had so much stick from the fans over the years when he's come back, yet he's grabbed his chance to come back and don the blue shirt again because he loves the club. Fair play to you Mark.

Good.

Lets get rid of this fallacy that you have to over play, and be super intricate to win this games in this division... Allott and Kalala... neat tidy, hardworking, destroy the opposition and dont waste possesion... win it, then give it to the pace of Taylor, Davies, Hughes & *new right winger to replace Liddell* to hurt the opposition.... then get the shape back and stop the opposition....

Look at the team Shez is building, it is solid as anything... if you cant score goals against us then we cant lose matches.... we shouldnt have to rely on the big players to carry us through... to often we failed to grind out results when we should ahve done.... this is totally back to the scunny model... hammer the opposition, give em no space.... solid as anything - 1-0 win thankyou very much....

This is the new latics.... smell ya later fancy dan's and overplaying... win ball, give it quick, reshape.... seem to remember that working well in the past in CM...

Did anyone say "Yard dogs....???" Well done shez - you are showing you are not scared of not making friends in the short term to ensure success in the long term...

I'm sick of all this negativity about Allott. He was a bobbins striker agreed, but in the games we've played against Chesterfield since he went there he has been their outstanding player. In the match at BP last season he was by far the best player on the pitch in the first half. A local lad and a Latics fan, people have been crying out for loyalty on this and other boards and here we have it. He's had so much stick from the fans over the years when he's come back, yet he's grabbed his chance to come back and don the blue shirt again because he loves the club. Fair play to you Mark.

What sheridan has done is remove the big ego's and replace them with smaller ones fighting to make a name for themselves. This is one reason why i dont think we will sign kilkenny. Wellens knew he was the dogs balls so got a lil comfy, Porter was on fire scoring and then got comfortable and has moved on to 'bigger things'. Sheridan has replaced them with hard workers who have quality as well. Scunthorpe last season where a bunch of hard workers and no big names, except Billy Sharp who just is class in a glass. I see where Sheridan is going and i like it! The fact is Allot is a good player stop judging him on his previous record as a striker!

Well said. Getting sick and tired of moaners who seem to have this delusion that we are a big club.

Well said. Getting sick and tired of moaners who seem to have this delusion that we are a big club.

Whoa there MD - be careful mate.... dont think anyone is moaning because we thing we should be signing superstars, I think people are underestimating the players we are signing, and underestimating what Shez is trying to do here....

We all know we wont be competing with the world beaters, but for our level we are still a relatively competitive team... its dissapointing to lose our supposedly best players to equivalent or worse teams which is frustrating... people just need to realise that shez is planning something radically different for us this season...

This is now shez's latics taking shape - people need to back his decisions.... there are plenty of free's still out there, but if Shez deems Allott good enough to pay a fee for, then thats good enough to me...... we will go about our job quietly, assembling a good squad... beinga big club has nothing to do with it.. being the right type of player for Shez and Oldham has everything to do with it...

as the guru states,he is a totally different player to the one who left..and a far better one for that.

pride in the shirt too,it all helps to the cause!

every game i've seen him v. chesterfield,he ran everything in midfield,and as already been posted here,he can stop players getting into games-eg.wellens.

all these doom n gloomers need to stop bloody harping on about dark months ahead..they haven't even started training yet...and we have sir shez as manager!!!

im quite pleased with the signin actually. he did a top job for them. workin near chesterfield and all their lot are gutted to see him leave. plus we are gettin a latics fan who wants to wear the shirt and is proud of it! he must be to come back! i just hope that there isnt a section of fans booing him come the first game of the season! that will help no one!!

welcome back mark! hope you do us proud lad!