Work rate

What has impressed me as much as anything since RW took over is the high work rate of all the players.

The tempo has been excellent from the off and when you have talented players in the side it can only anger well for the future.

As many know I've watched Dan Gardner over the years, a technically gifted player, who in the past has lacked physicality and is now playing like a man possessed. His dash back of 30 yards to clear a dangerous situation when Dummigan was beaten epitomises what I mean.

Dummigan deserves praise too though for battling on after an early booking and looks determined to keep his place in the team even when McLaughlin is fit.

It's only 4 games but anyone can see RW will continue with the high tempo philosophy if he gets the job. No one in the team wants to let anyone down and that's a great recipe for success.

I said at half time that we might have a problem towards the end as we wouldn't be able to keep the high work rate up for 90mins. We did (helped by the right subs at the right times) and the Gardner one is a good example, as well as Jack Byrne who was still chasing down and winning 50/50 balls in stoppage time, despite Blackburn's best efforts to kick him off the park all afternoon.

I fear we’ll revert to tippy tappy shit with 11 men behind the ball when Pablo Who? takes over.

two things Wellens instilled immediately have been tempo and work rate - there’s mothing to fear in this league. Give Wellens his chance he’ll be cheap too spend correra’s bloated deal on Byrne and Doyle for once can OAFC show some sense 

I feel Correra will be a disaster just a hunch last thing we need is to be scrapping around in January for yet another manager, we should be looking up this really is a shit League this year that Wigan are going to walk everything else is up for grabs by the bravest teams if ever Freud was a year to play high pressing open expansive football - this us it!

4 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

I feel Correra will be a disaster just a hunch last thing we need is to be scrapping around in January for yet another manager, we should be looking up this really is a shit League this year that Wigan are going to walk everything else is up for grabs by the bravest teams if ever Freud was a year to play high pressing open expansive football - this us it!

completely agree that if Wigan dont win this League by 10+ points they have done something seriously wrong.....i wrote in the Wigan game thread that Powell is the best player in this league by a country mile bt Byrne isnt that far behind and if they can let him leave on loan that is one hell of a luxury/squad they have got