BBC Manc 6pm 23/10/17

On 23/10/2017 at 8:43 AM, Magic Mikey said:

Hopefully it's just a "new in the job" thing. I love how he comes across in the media, but I wouldn't like him to be seeking the limelight a la Lincoln City's manager last season.

If he got us promoted and went on a superb cup run he could stand on the touchline dressed as Abraham Lincoln for all I care.

56 minutes ago, LaticsChris said:

If he got us promoted and went on a superb cup run he could stand on the touchline dressed as Abraham Lincoln for all I care.

“One score and one year ago we fell into this godforesaken division.”

Edited by JohnnyPimp
Stupidity

14 minutes ago, astottie said:

interesting that Moisley said negotiations had started already in extending Byrne, Bryan and Doyle's 'contracts'

Did he say contracts or was that just the question posed to him. I thought he just said they were looking into extending their stay or something along those lines? Could be wrong though.

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

Did he say contracts or was that just the question posed to him. I thought he just said they were looking into extending their stay or something along those lines? Could be wrong though.

i thought he said contracts which struck me as odd as although I don't know the ins and outs of the loan system I would have thought they had contracts with their parent clubs and not us and that we had an agreement with their parent club.

I was also surprised those talks had started so early if they were just about extending loan periods. And Wellans said that with the way they were playing they would obviously attract interest from elsewhere. He singled out Byrne as someone who he (RW) had showed faith in when his career was going nowhere and that he hoped Byrne would pay this back.

3 minutes ago, astottie said:

i thought he said contracts which struck me as odd as although I don't know the ins and outs of the loan system I would have thought they had contracts with their parent clubs and not us and that we had an agreement with their parent club.

I was also surprised those talks had started so early if they were just about extending loan periods. And Wellans said that with the way they were playing they would obviously attract interest from elsewhere. He singled out Byrne as someone who he (RW) had showed faith in when his career was going nowhere and that he hoped Byrne would pay this back.

Possibly. You still would still have a contract between Latics and the parent club though. And I thought he said contact had been made but kept it vague.

11 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Possibly. You still would still have a contract between Latics and the parent club though. And I thought he said contact had been made but kept it vague.

Thanks to those who posted the link. Really interesting. Some things that I noticed... 

1. Re Bryan, Byrne and Doyle. The guy who asked the question said "contract". As people have said, there is a contract between player and parent club and there is a contract between parent club and loan club. MM simply said "we are already in conversations to extend all 3 of them". 
  2. Richie said that the chance to pick Placide was "a no brainer" for him. 
  3. First meeting with EFL was 6 weeks ago when SC introduced Abdallah to them. All due diligence is answered + a round of qualifying questions too, so now it's purely with EFL and Abdallah's lawyers - can't say how long that will take as not in our control, but MM hopes that it should be no more than 4 -6 weeks. 
  4. Interestingly that MM said when he was in Richie's office the phone rang and it was Alex Ferguson calling Richie. Not the other way around. 
  5. MM (who was pretty direct and straightforward throughout) said that Abdallah has "seen some areas of the ground he would like to improve" [all of it I should think!]
  6. Maouche is "playing a few games for the development squad" and "Richie is looking to get him up to speed". No mention of Ambrose. 
  7. New owner will not pick team, that's for the manager. However, his network and contacts will help with signing players. Wants SC to help with a handover including giving his own contacts - Scholesy etc? 
  8. Mouldy Old Dough was brought back by "popular request". The people have spoken. 
  9. It was confirmed by all concerned that the words "now" and "currently" have been replaced by the phrase "at this moment in time".

49 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Thanks to those who posted the link. Really interesting. Some things that I noticed... 

1. Re Bryan, Byrne and Doyle. The guy who asked the question said "contract". As people have said, there is a contract between player and parent club and there is a contract between parent club and loan club. MM simply said "we are already in conversations to extend all 3 of them". 
  3. First meeting with EFL was 6 weeks ago when SC introduced Abdallah to them. All due diligence is answered + a round of qualifying questions too, so now it's purely with EFL and Abdallah's lawyers - can't say how long that will take as not in our control, but MM hopes that it should be no more than 4 -6 weeks. 
  4. Interestingly that MM said when he was in Richie's office the phone rang and it was Alex Ferguson calling Richie. Not the other way around. 
  5. MM (who was pretty direct and straightforward throughout) said that Abdallah has "seen some areas of the ground he would like to improve" [all of it I should think!]
  6. Maouche is "playing a few games for the development squad" and "Richie is looking to get him up to speed". No mention of Ambrose. 
  7. New owner will not pick team, that's for the manager. However, his network and contacts will help with signing players. Wants SC to help with a handover including giving his own contacts - Scholesy etc? 
  8. Mouldy Old Dough was brought back by "popular request". The people have spoken. 
  9. It was confirmed by all concerned that the words "now" and "currently" have been replaced by the phrase "at this moment in time".

Also BTW Richie said that he wanted more attacking options off the bench and said that he is looking forward to Holloway and Duffus being fit, which made me wonder what has happened with Osie? Is he long term injured or just not deemed ready for the first team? Does anyone have any info on that please? 

I quite like the cut of MM's jib after listening to it last night. Seems a decent fella and answered the questions posed to him well. You could tell he couldn't let us know more obviously but I think he didn't answer in that annoying politician way, plus we gleaned quite a bit of useful information with regards to the potential takeover.

I must say, it's probably the most positive I've felt about the club since TTA took over. It feels proper wrong!

10 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I quite like the cut of MM's jib after listening to it last night. Seems a decent fella and answered the questions posed to him well. You could tell he couldn't let us know more obviously but I think he didn't answer in that annoying politician way, plus we gleaned quite a bit of useful information with regards to the potential takeover.

I must say, it's probably the most positive I've felt about the club since TTA took over. It feels proper wrong!

I am one of his biggest Critics & far to often he diverts attention changes the subject  or doesn't give a decent answer.

However felt last night he did come across well seemed to have more info on Abduallah.

10 minutes ago, Forte_Baby said:

I am one of his biggest Critics & far to often he diverts attention changes the subject  or doesn't give a decent answer.

However felt last night he did come across well seemed to have more info on Abduallah.

Agreed. Perhaps he simply is now in a less crap position himself than before, and has clearer and more certain information to convey to us? I do hope so, he seemed direct and confident, which is good. 

Edited by AlanGrovesFanClub

1 hour ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Thanks for the summary, much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It was cautiously optimistic. He couldn't give too much away and, in truth, he's not going to know what will happen next (Corney and co have accepted a price and they've  no control over what happens next).  I quite liked the fact that he sounded upbeat about it without spinning any yarns though.

Think I have posted something on the other thread.

if it's takeover do you suppose its shares only as the chairman only owns shares of Oldham athletic FC?

if it's takeover as in the ground/buildings. Do we suppose that the landlords and secured loan people Have been approached yet for their asking price?

Oooo...Hold on folks it's going to be an interesting next few weeks