Doncaster

4 hours ago, Hands on said:

I don't mean to be picky but wasn't that the sort of opposition we should be beating if we are going to get into the playoff places?

At home- Yes.

Away- No but we will need to beat some sides who will be mid-table (although Brizzle and Pompey count).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't get into the top six on home form alone as only 36 points available.  In fact when you start thinking about it we would have to sign more players and keep all that we have to rise up to the dizzy heights of 6th.  Lets just enjoy the football until January the 2nd when Bryan, Doyle and Byrne leave us.

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

You can't get into the top six on home form alone as only 36 points available.  In fact when you start thinking about it we would have to sign more players and keep all that we have to rise up to the dizzy heights of 6th.  Lets just enjoy the football until January the 2nd when Bryan, Doyle and Byrne leave us.

Sorry perhaps I wasn't clear. My point was that averaging 2 points a game against mid-table sides, could be enough to make play-offs. You'd need to get more than that against the bottom 7/8 and can get away with less against the top 10.

75 points would normally be enough for a play-off spot. That works out at 1.63 points per game.