Doncaster

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay first half.  Lots of bakward passing today, keeping the ball i suppose, Doyle has a thankless task.  

Two great chances for either side, ours cleared on the line, some run from Tope, super save by Jonny from Donnys.

Think a goal may win it today, not much between teams at the moment.

Edited by deckyd

6 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Okay first half.  Lots of bakward passing today, keeping the ball i suppose, Doyle has a thankless task.  

Two great chances for either side, ours cleared on the line, some run from Tope, super save by Jonny from Donnys.

Think a goal may win it today, not much between at the moment.

Need someone up top alongside Doyle 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ref having a mare by the sounds. Homer, or possibly just incompetent.  Refs are shit at this level.  And as I type goal from a very dodgy free kick by all accounts. 

If they hadn't scored ref would have retaken free-kick but fair play to them because they played to the whistle

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I meant it wasn’t even a foul... according to the very unbiased Latics commentators... ?

ahhhh  I see.   It was a foul all day long, not in question in my book  ( Gerrard took a card for the team IMO )

Edited by Stagger Lee

3 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Going to be another very disappointing result if we lose this...need to find a way to put 2-3 wins together before we lose Byrne and Doyle or we’re going to be pulled back into a relegation fight and not sure the rest of the squad is up to that

We wont be in a relegation fight this season. No chance. 

7 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Hope you’re right but our recovery has been mostly due to our loan players, without them we are very ordinary so would like to see a big points cushion for when they leave

1-1 !!!! 

I have faith that the manager can get a tune out of whatever combination of players. 

Edited by kowenicki

My thoughts:

second goal in a row Gezza has cost us - stupid tackle on edge of box - not having this “took one for the team” the lad was sprinting left of goal 

Eoin Doyle is not a lone striker, anonymous till Davies and then Holloway came on.

overall played well and another very entertaining game, onto the next!

Edited by Buckshawlatic

5 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

1 - 1 away from home is never that bad a result. 

I totally agree. I also agree that Doyle is not one for the lone striker role but Wellens is calling the shots, so he has to take the flak or the plaudits, whatever the outcome.

Take that.  Ref had a poor second half.  Think Donny must have been told at half time to go out and niggle at us, ref lost control a tad.  Donny are a horrible side, scored and started to time waste with 30 mins left, pretty poor.  I know every team does it but to me its taking the biscuit with 30 min to go and they paid the price for it.

A lot of backward passing today, kept the ball well though. We seem to be adverse to clearing the lines when under pressure at the back, caused us a few problems.

Thought we had an average day, no real bad or stand out displays.  Missed Dummy raiding down the right.  McLaughlin gets back to his best and starts picking players out with his crosses,he will be another asset.  I feel he hits the first def alot.  Even before his injury.

Good point considering the lateness of the goal.  My MOM would be Doyle just because he scored.

Edited by deckyd