Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

Name? Chris Tattersall, Tatty

Occupation? Utility Analyst

Location? Royton

How Long Supporting the Tics? 4th April 1981 (Preston Away; won 2-1) oh and also born that day

Favourite Game (not the obvious one!)? Oldham 4 Southampton 3; 8th May 1993

All Time Greatest Player? Nick Henry

Favourite Current Member? Chris Taylor

Where will we finish? 4th

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Local Rival - Blackpool

And Finally, You became a millionaire, Oldham were available to purchase, what would you do to make our club Secure for the future? Find someone who know's how to invest money into a football club wisely!

**Editin grammer**

Is there spelling and grammer police like on JK?

Edited by TawnyOwl

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name?

Mark Nolan

Location?

Royton/Preston currently full time student/bum

How Long Supporting the Tics?

Since 5 or 6 and im now 18 making it 13 or 12 years

Best away match you've been to?

Blackpool away when it used to be just standing and that old cow shed stand

All Time Greatest Player?

Got to be Gunnar Halle though Eryesy is a close second

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Gotta be United

Guest oa_exile

Welcome aboard Mark :OWTB1:

Anything your not sure about Give Admin or a Mod a shout by PM or post in the Techie Room :unsure:

Cheers Exile :exile:

Name Marco

Location London

How Long Supporting the Tics? 17 years

Best away match you've been to? Bolton in the FA Cup a while back, their old ground with the supermarket/B and Q at the corner flag. Feed,feed, feed the bear!Darren Beckford scores for us.

All Time Greatest Player? Andy Ritchie

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Man United

Hallo all.What an excellent forum.Used a few sites before to keep up with the best team in the land, but you lot have it nailed.The Chris Taylor t shirts at the Orient game were an excellent touch, originating from members here I think?

Come on Oldham.

Hi this is my first post on here. Have read about it on JK so thought i'd give it a whirl. I'm not the most IT literate and it does seem a bit hi tech on here. Let's hope i can cope! :grin:

Andy

Name?Andy Stott

Location? Greenfield

How Long Supporting the Tics? Since 1970 Lincoln city at home won 4-2 is the first game i can properly remember but I had been before then.

Best away match you've been to? Woud probably be Southampton away in the League Cup. I think everyone expected us to get beaten , we'd had our great result against Arsenal and i was just going for a good day out. When we equalised in injury time I just went mental!. Also Shrewsbury Town away sometime in the mid 80's, we were 2-0 down and won 3-2. People stood on car roofs in the car park. magic.

All Time Greatest Player? Loads of them. If i have to pick would probably be stainrod

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Woudn't give anyone the satisfaction of thinking they were that imortant to me. Love it tho' when I talk to the supporters of BIG clubs and remind them of the time we did them over because we have done them all at one time or another. their bemused expressions are priceless.

Welcome to OWTB, Andy.

It's really not that complicated once you get used to it! If you do have any problems though, you can PM any admin or mod by clicking on their name in the left hand panel of any message and clicking on 'Send message'. Or you can post in the Techie forum. Feel free to do either.

Hope you enjoy using the board.

Welcome aboard Andy, im sure you will get used to it.

Also there are a few areas you may find interesting, regarding the Latics in the 70's, have a look in the media section!

Welcome aboard Andy, im sure you will get used to it.

Also there are a few areas you may find interesting, regarding the Latics in the 70's, have a look in the media section!

Thanks, will do.

Andy

Guest oa_exile

Hey astottie , Welcome to OWTB ! :OWTB1:

Hope you enjoy the forum :thumb08:

Any probs give one of us a shout :unsure:

Mark, just so you know (and Martin should know better!) we have a PM facility, if you would keep personal chat to it, as otherwise it clogs the board and certain information you give away may be personal, even if it is a relative.

Beardy

Name? Dave

Location? West London

How Long Supporting the Tics? 19 years

Best away match you've been to? 2nd rd League Cup against West Ham was pretty good

All Time Greatest Player? Andy Ritchie

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? got to be Utd

Guest oa_exile

Hey Dave

Welcome to OWTB :OWTB1: , West London , do you have contact with the Oasis boys ? :oasissign1:

Any probs or anything your not sure about give Admin or Mod's a shout or post in Techie help :unsure:

No, I don't actually. Often thought about it, never got round to it! Just get to matches when I can. Mostly away matches (Orient on Saturday, Brentford, my local club, on Sunday. I know loads of Bees fans so we better thrash em!)

Hello all...

Bigfinlatic here - anyone who posts on the 606 boards should know me..... see a couple of familiar names on here....!!!

Sheridans_World - is that you me old chum???

Really looking forward to getting stuck into this.... and it taking up the other half of my working day!

Cheers

BFL