Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Brian to OWTB :OWTB1:

Take you time to get used to the Forum , any probs let Admin or a Mod know :chubb:

Please contact a Mod or Admin if you need any help getting started (Click here).

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics (Click here).

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop (Click here).

Cheers Exile :exile:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name?

Dish

Location?

Greenfield

How Long Supporting the Tics?

20 years

Best away match you've been to?

Recently, the 3-0 against Huddersfield was good. I dare say that this will be superceded by the 4-0 win at Elland Road on New Years Day!

All Time Greatest Player?

Rick Holden

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Leeds

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Dish to OWTB :OWTB1:

Take you time to get used to the Forum , any probs let Admin or a Mod know :chubb:

Please contact a Mod or Admin if you need any help getting started (Click here).

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics (Click here).

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop (Click here).

Please complete the questions, and we will get you off the mark!

Name?

Location?

name? carl

location? west st

how long supporting tics? 20+years

best away match? bolton 1994 fa cup

all time greatest player? lee duxbury

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? was huddersfield,got to be leeds this season

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Carl to OWTB :OWTB1:

Name?

Dan

Location?

Withington, Manchester

19 years

Ipswich - when we won promotion to the top flight

Andy Ritchie

This season - Leeds United

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Dan to OWTB :OWTB1:

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Chris to OWTB :OWTB1:

With the signing of John today good username ^_^

Name? Wayne Franklin

Location? Hollins, Oldham

How Long Supporting the Tics? First match was 1987

Best away match you've been to? Citeh

All Time Greatest Player? Ricky Holden

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Leeds

I'm the lead singer in a serious up and coming rock band called Up-lift from Oldham and we've just written a song for Latics which we will be recording in the studio next week. We played it in front of Alan Hardy and he loved it because it was nowhere near what he expected an we will be unveiling the record live at the Carling Manchester Academy on wednesday the 23rd of June. I'd love a few Latics fans to come along and give us a shout! tickets are a fiver if you want to come give us a bell at Wayne.franklin3@ntlworld.com and i'll come and meet you wherever with the tickets but please hurry if it's your thing because we don't have too many tickets left. A few Latics officials will be there. Before i go i need to tell you about the band! We are a progressive rock band from Oldham on the verge of becoming big within critics reviews likened to Oasis, Coldplay and Ocean Colour Scene e.c.t. I wrote the song myself which feeds from my own nostalgia from when i was growing up and watching Latics kick arse in the league and the Littlewoods cup. I hope you will enjoy the song as much as i do it will be apparing on Oldhams web page very soon where we are already featured. Keep an eye out! Come on Oldham!

Contact us on www.myspace.com/northernstamansexpress or the bands page - www.myspace.com/officialuplift

Please note on the bands site that the records listed are not our new material, our brand new material will be appearing very soon with all me as new lead vocalist! : ) have a good 'un lads and lassies!

I posted a welcome thingy but i can't get into any features still? Could someone please help me and give me some precise instructions(idiot guide) on how to get into the welcome area or where it is? I'm usually on form with this kind of stuff but my local landlord has seen fit to over-sell his wares to me and i'm slighty pished. SOS

.... we will be unveiling the record live at the Carling Manchester Academy on Wednesday the 23rd of June.

Wayne, the day or date is wrong - Wednesday is the 20th - should it be Saturday 23rd?

Good luck with the record - sing your hearts out for the lads!

Wayne, the day or date is wrong - Wednesday is the 20th - should it be Saturday 23rd?

Good luck with the record - sing your hearts out for the lads!

Soz yep it is weds the 20th we have another gig on the 23rd! Sorry about that.

Cheers diego! And cheers to Beardy for lettin' us in!

Name? Stoney

Location? Newbury, Berkshire

How Long Supporting the Tics? 20+ years (first visit to BP in 1979 as a Kid - then moved down South with the family got seriously supporting again when I was about 18 - when I got a job to fund the travel etc. to matches I reckon I been to all the London / southern grounds and most of the ground in the Midlands supporting the latics.

Best away match you've been to? For me it was the Southampton match at the Dell in March 1994 - not a important match, we need the points in the Premiership but I went down with a friend of mine called Tony a big Southampton fan and all his mates and also sat in the Southampton end and got a hell of a lot of stick - re. small town club etc. all the way down to the ground and in it.

Team was:- Hallworth, Makin, Pointon, Henry, Jobson, Redmond, Ritchie, Beckford, McCarthy (Super Sean McCarthy I do not think so), Milligan and Holden.

Any way we won 3-1 and the Southampton defender Francis Benali scored a great diving header own goal (contender for goal of the month if he had scored in the right end).

On the way back it was silence apart from me giving then a bit of stick and smiling - and it did keep them that way for the rest of the season.

All Time Greatest Player? a few so I have broken it down

Goalkeeper - Gary Kelly

Defender - Richard Jobson

Midfielder - Ricky Holden

Forward - Andy Ritchie

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? - biggest local rivals for me has to be Manchester City - but in recent years probably more like Blackpool - this year probably Tranmere because of Ronnie Moore.

Keep the Faith

Stoney