Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

:angry: Think again! :mad:

Well, err, ahem, it's just possible I might have addressed the good man incorrectly. Don't mean I like cider though, just 'cos I live in Brizzol. Anyroaduppards, the bit I live in is in South Gloucestershire, not Zummerzet.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Methinks these people are all made up.... jealously is a terrible thing, and obviously my glorious signature and anacronym has brought out the green eyed monster... and also, I strongly suspect Thailatic might actually be absed in Thailand.... I rest my case... :wink:

:grin: all good fun mate.... Bristol (inc swindon.... and also prob paul from newport who i missed off as well) - Latics capital of the world...!!

I must admit that if we were trying to raise a five-a-side team we wouldn't be able to count the kids.

Or the random bloke.

Or those who live in remote outposts with unreliable transport links to civilisation (Swad, Yoxall). :wink:

Or the pensioners :peepwall:

Or those who live in Thailand :Thailand:

Or the women :peepwall:

Just leaves me, I think. Any space on the Bristol team, Bigfin? :D

Guest oa_exile
As below - I thank you....

:wink:

:mmm: ........ remove the Signature as it seem's to be breaking the clearly defined "OWTB Signature Rules" :devilish:

RulerPrev.jpg6a25ca73-e8da-4795-b2f1-655617f0fca5Large.jpg

lol :grin: Only Kidding ! :grin:

I don’t belieeeeeeeve it! :shock:

There I am reading down all the posts on this thread and proud of the fact that, in my absence, oafc_ok has put in a very plausible bid for a banner for the Burton Massiv! :applause1:

Oafc_ok said:

If you're including 'Karl???' and 'Danny from Swindon' then surely we can make a case that Burton-on-Trent is a bigger Latics hotbed than Bristol. Diego and Mrs Sideburns, myself, my two kids, Steve from Swad, Steve from Swad's girls, ThaiLatic, ThaiLatic's parents in Yoxall and some bloke who came up to me in the Town Centre when he saw my Latics shirt. I make that at least twelve, without even trying.

Something reflecting the town's brewing heritage would be nice for the banner, thank you very much.

Then he fell for the old politician's trick of dodging the issue. Instead of looking at a number of members comparison with the Bristol Few, he allowed himself to get involved in a five-a-side challenge. :surrender:

Now I find he's defected to the Bristol Few! Unbelievable!! :angry: I can't bring myself to tell Mrs. Sideburns about oafc_ok's defection. Clearly he hasn't thought this through - now he won't be travelling with the fans from Burton, is he expecting the Bristol Few to collect him from Burton on their way to matches? :stupid:

Even after this defection it still leaves 11 in the Burton gang - bigger than the team comprising Bristol/Swindon/Newport (South Wales)/Burton Traitor. oafc_ok and Paul from Newport (South Wales) don't qualify for the Bristol Few because they don't even drink cider! Well oafc_ok will drink it if there’s nothing else!! :drinking45:

So I'm asking please can have a banner of our own - the Burton Latics Affiliated Supporters' Team - BLAST! :first:

To help with the design here are some images of the area:

http://www.enjoyeaststaffs.co.uk/thingstodo/

http://www.burton-on-trent.com/View%202/cooper.jpg

http://www.beer-pages.com/images/white-shield-bottle.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/t...50px-Bovril.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...ar_1.jpg/180px-

http://www.marstonsdontcompromise.co.uk/im...promise_800.jpg

http://www.burtonbridgebrewery.co.uk/Graph...bels/Battle.gif

http://www.burtonbridgebrewery.co.uk/Graph...abels/Jules.gif

http://www.south-derbys.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyre...stertrimmed.jpg

I'll await the design of our banner before I break it to Mrs Sideburns that oafc_ok is no longer 'one of us'. I'm dreading telling her and it's her birthday on Sunday - the banner would be some consolation for her. I'll leave it in the banner-maker's capable hands.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Ahem......does anybody actually work during the day or am I the only bugger keeping this country on its feet... :unsure:

BfL....could be a stretch Hummer to Leeds on New Years day at this rate.... :grin:

see y'all in the WW next Thursday... B)

two meat n tater pies and a hot beef drink....(spits on hand and thrust it out to DS)

:unsure:

B)

Bovril is made in Burton-on-Trent - endorsed by the Pope (see link), who is an honorary member of BLAST! - the Burton Latics Affiliated Supporters' Team. B)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/t..._and_Bovril.jpg

The Pope supported anyone!!

>> JP II <<

Ah that was the previous Pope - the Pope is dead, long live the Pope. Like the Eintracht Franfurt fans this German Pope is a Latics' fan. Of course he doesn't go around shouting about it - just like most people in Oldham! :wink:

There'e even been a song written in his honour:

The famous Man United went to Rome to see the Pope

And this is what he said

"Who the f*** are Man United?

Who the f*** are Man United?

Who the f*** are Man United?

And the Blues go marchin' on on on!"

The not-so-famous Oldham went to Rome to see the Pope

And this is what he said

"We love you Oldham we do

We love you Oldham we do

We love you Oldham we do

Oh Oldham we love you!"

Ahem......does anybody actually work during the day or am I the only bugger keeping this country on its feet... :unsure:

BfL....could be a stretch Hummer to Leeds on New Years day at this rate.... :grin:

see y'all in the WW next Thursday... B)

Oh dear, look what I have started now... family rifts, turf wars, Banner envy... I now expect the next home game to be like a scene from "The warriors"... Diegos - BLAST, Vs the Bristol BOAST, Vs Marks OASIS Vs Exiles (imaginary) gang of sandcastle builders.... not gonna lie to you, could get messy....

warriorssb6.png

(diego looks good in a leather waistcoat)

We all know who will win though... oh yes.... well, probably OASIS as the have LeesL who i am sure is incappable of fighting fair...

:grin:

Downender - in answer to your questions... erm... yes, we all just work doubly hard to make up for the time spent on here.... :huh: ... and yes... have already thought about the possibilities of hired transport.... we need to get some official outings planned!

Guest sheridans_world

I wouldnt like to mess with Exile whether he is on his own or with a group, i've heard stories. :curtains:

Guest oa_exile

lol :grin: poor Bristol Blue (Rick) signs up yesterday "thinking" this is a nice "Friendly" MB and now 52 posts into his "Welcome Post" he has started a Latics "Turf War" :wink:

Keep it up everyone this is a great thread ! :applause1:

By the way BFL you should find Exiles Southport "Imaginery Friends" making there way over from LaticsMad "Very Shortly".

:exile:>>Southport Army<< :bluearmy: is arriving :exile:

By the way BFL you should find Exiles Southport "Imaginery Friends" making there way over from LaticsMad "Very Shortly".

Brilliant... here we go... here is the southport Massive! can I introduce: Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy, Rumplestiltskin and Snow white... oh and Dopey (exile) :wink:

:blink:

You may even get oafc_ok to defect from the Bristol, Wiltshire and South Wales Few if you can arrange travel for him to get to matches from Burton-on-Trent. :wink:

Guest oa_exile
Brilliant... here we go... here is the southport Massive! can I introduce: Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy, Rumplestiltskin and Snow white... oh and Dopey (exile) :wink:

:blink:

:laught16: Well you asked for it :grin:

I wouldnt like to mess with Exile whether he is on his own or with a group, i've heard stories. :curtains:

Spot on S_W , BOAST cards are marked <_< ( ^_^ Except Downender , who's my mate :grin: ) I have no quarrels with BLAST as they are not "Plastic Latics fans" like the "Woodpecker Cider Crew" :wink:

thumb_MSD1280%20-%20Woody%20Woodpecker%20DVD%20-%20COVER%20-%20SMALL.jpg

)

We all know who will win though... oh yes.... well, probably OASIS as the have LeesL who i am sure is incappable of fighting fair...

Obviously da sarf Landan massif chapter of OASIS will be portraying our regional identity by turning up with pieces. My sawn off and Tulsehill's streetsweeper should stand us in good stead against the pitchforks and dole books of our enemies. Not sure I'm facing a man with a bovril sandwich mind.

diego looks good in a leather waistcoat

... and yes... have already thought about the possibilities of hired transport....

Very true about the waistcoat! B)

Hired transport via Burton-on-Trent to pick up the traitor might be OK for games at BP, but have you thought about how you are going to get him all the way from Burton to the Kellaway Arms three hours before the game when we play the Gas Heads? :unsure::ohno::mmm::thinking2::deal:

Oh dear, look what I have started now... family rifts, turf wars, Banner envy... I now expect the next home game to be like a scene from "The warriors"... Diegos - BLAST, Vs the Bristol BOAST, Vs Marks OASIS Vs Exiles (imaginary) gang of sandcastle builders.... not gonna lie to you, could get messy....

Just leave all the messy stuff to me lads. I've got a black belt in origami and doing very well in training for the 'ecky thump championships. If that fails, I'll be right behind you.

'ere, where's Bristol Blue gone? He started this. We'll have to have a word at our glorious inaugural meeting of BOAST

OMG, work!! :shock: I knew there was summat I was meant to be doing. Oh aye, I'm working from home and I'm already there. Phew!! :wacko:

I'll pop in later to see how many more have seen the light and defected to Brizzol.

Well... Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm still here and reading with interest. Hope I havent started a national rift between the few Latics fans we have. We'll have more exile supporters than ManU heading up the M5 / M6 soon! I'm aware of other Latics fans in the Bristol area too (maybe BOAST will be able to sponser a ball one day).

Bad news on the meeting up front, I can't make July 26th (wife reminded me of a long standing appointment that I really can't get out of). Very interested in the next one though, celebrate our first win maybe.