Archived Welcome Posts

Beardy

Evening gang - glad to know this thread is still continuing strong.... am in london getting very drunk and playing cricket all weekend... so wont be able to contibute much....

Glad to see BLAST are still very jealous of BOAST, and the amount of posts from DS show how the green eyed monster has really got to him... even of my exquisite signature... which was done by my fair hand - so no need to ask the mods for one!

BOAST massiv - am free on both thur and friday at the mo... so will speak more on mon about it... but should be fine for whatever is decided...

Glad to see we have all decided to gang up on the midlanders.... after all they are not oasis or Oldham massive - they deserve to be targetted! :wink:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldhamers are Midlanders? How dare you? :angry: I pride myself on being a Northerner.

I can understand your anger at learning the truth - just as people were angry when they found out that BP is on Furtherwood Road, not Sheepfoot Lane.

Oldhamers are Lancastrians and everywhere in England is North of the Isle of Wight, but that doesn't make everyone automatically a Northerner. If we accept that there is no Midlands then we can devide the country up into the North and the South, but there is the Midlands.

If we accept that along the line of Hadrian's Wall is the far North, the question is where is the Southernmost part of the North? Oldham is generally described as being in the North West, but that's a misconception. Apart from the North question, it certainly isn't in the West. Blackpool, Morecambe, the Lakes and Cumbria are the North West. Humberside, I_C's Darlington, Tyneside, Teeside and Wearside are all in the North East. Oldham is a minimum of 60 miles from these places.

So it could be argued reasonably that the big chunk of England in the middle, from Burnley, Blackburn and York Southwards to Worcester, Rugby and Northampton is the Noth Midlands and South Midlands respectively.

Granted that people in some parts of the Midlands have funny accents, like the Black Country, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool, but so do people in some 'areals of Brizzol'. :grin:

Err, yes we are sort of, well, drifting away from the thread a bit?

P.S. There's just been a severe weather warning for the Met Office's region known as the Midlands. In spite of glorious sunshine at present they say one month's rainfall is going to come down in the next 18 hours!! :shock:

BOAST massiv - am free on both thur and friday at the mo...

I take it there's no BOAST trip to Clyde planned then. Part-timers :grin:

The BLASTmobile will be making it's way to Scotland on Thursday, and I hope to be on board :pray:

Oldhamers are Lancastrians and everywhere in England is North of the Isle of Wight, but that doesn't make everyone automatically a Northerner. If we accept that there is no Midlands then we can devide the country up into the North and the South, but there is the Midlands.

If we accept that along the line of Hadrian's Wall is the far North, the question is where is the Southernmost part of the North? Oldham is generally described as being in the North West, but that's a misconception. Apart from the North question, it certainly isn't in the West. Blackpool, Morecambe, the Lakes and Cumbria are the North West. Humberside, I_C's Darlington, Tyneside, Teeside and Wearside are all in the North East. Oldham is a minimum of 60 miles from these places.

So it could be argued reasonably that the big chunk of England in the middle, from Burnley, Blackburn and York Southwards to Worcester, Rugby and Northampton is the Noth Midlands and South Midlands respectively.

Granted that people in some parts of the Midlands have funny accents, like the Black Country, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool, but so do people in some 'areals of Brizzol'. :grin:

Err, yes we are sort of, well, drifting away from the thread a bit?

P.S. There's just been a severe weather warning for the Met Office's region known as the Midlands. In spite of glorious sunshine at present they say one month's rainfall is going to come down in the next 18 hours!! :shock:

Now look D_S. You're trying to baffle us with science here. It's so simple. Draw a line across England somewhere South of Birmingham, it doesn't matter where 'cos everything below that line is THE SOUTH. Now draw a line all the way round the old Lancashire border (bugger this Greater Manchester lark) and that is THE NORTH. Everything east of that line is THE LAND THE WORLD FORGOT (some people call it Yorkshire). Everyrhing north of it is, as previously stated, JOHHNY FOREIGNER COUNTRY & SCOTLAND. And yes, you're quite correct, they dooz talk a bit funny loyke in tyhe Brizzol areal. You hear it all the toyme in Asdal. But we're teaching 'em how to speak proper, like us NORTHERNERS.

Ta-ra. I'm off for me tea. Those down South think they're posh and call it dinner. Well, I had that at 1 oclock.

hi i just registered but cant gain access HELP

Name?

Location?

How Long Supporting the Tics?

Best away match you've been to?

All Time Greatest Player?

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Guest oa_exile

Welcome warwickshire latics , please answer the questions and then we can can you validated :who:

Cheers Exile :exile:

Name?

Location?

We can't all be good at everything and I'm content to rely on the Mods coming up with a suitable signature for BLAST! (for Mrs Sideburns' birthday on Sunday) - they've never let me down before! :imnotworthy::pray:

Not long now until Mrs. Sideburns' birthday tomorrow. :pray:

Welcome warwickshire latics , please answer the questions and then we can can you validated :who:

Name? ALAN

Location? RUGBY WARWICKS

How Long Supporting the Tics? SINCE 1965

Best away match you've been to? SOUTHAMPTON LITTLEWOODS CUP

All Time Greatest Player? ANDY RICHIE

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? BLACKPOOL

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Alan to OWTB :OWTB1:

Take you time to get used to the Forum , any probs let Admin or a Mod know :chubb:

Please contact a Mod or Admin if you need any help getting started (Click here).

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics (Click here).

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop (Click here).

Guest oa_exile

Welcome shezisgod2007 , Please answer the six questions and i will get you validated

Name?

Location?

Welcome shezisgod2007 , Please answer the six questions and i will get you validated

Name?

Location?

Name - Mat Jackson

Location - Salford Quays (originally royton)

How long supporting tics - all my life (23 years)

Best away match - Udders was good last season (3-0) but has to be beating Citeh at maine road 2-1, think is was 98/99?!? - correct me if i'm wrong.

All time greatest - sir Ritchie of old and eyrsey in recent times

Biggest rivals - this year trannies and udders

Viva le blues!

All the way this year!

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Mat to OWTB :OWTB1:

Take you time to get used to the Forum , any probs let Admin or a Mod know :chubb:

Please contact a Mod or Admin if you need any help getting started (Click here).

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics (Click here).

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop (Click here).

Guest oa_exile
how ya diddling hometownclub - yeah remember you to matey, not enough posters anymore and been recommended here so thought i'd give it a whirl.

Viva le blues...

That will have been that pest OAFCKTF :grin:

Guest oa_exile
Spot on, it was!

KTF

lol :grin: that is because tis i :lol: , anyway welcome aboard matey , there are a few of us from laticsmad on here now :latics: