Beardy

Name?

Tony Barrett

Location?

Royton..Lookers upper on match days

How Long Supporting the Tics?

I saw the 11-0 Boxing Day game v Southport

Best away match you've been to?

2 stick out. QF at Bolton and winning 3-2 at Wolves on the first day of the promotion seaon...mind you Sheff W the same seaon wasn't bad

All Time Greatest Player?

so many but I would plump for Paul WArhurst capable of playing for England at both centre half and center forward

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to OWTB Judith!

Please contact a Mod or Admin if you need any help getting started (Click here).

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics (Click here).

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop (Click here).

Name?

John Kewley

Location?

Glasgow now, but supported the Latics from the Isle of Man, where I was born and raised.

16 years - became a supporter after the team came over and did summer football schools on the Island.

Unfortunately, the away matches I've been to haven't been the most inspiring occasions!

I always enjoyed Oldham coming over to the Island for the pre-season tournaments. Especially the year Man City came over and we beat them 3-0 in the final, it was probably 1992/93?!?

That's a tough one - Rick Holden...Graeme Sharp, Andy Ritchie, Nick Henry, Gunnar Halle??!?

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Presently I would say Tranmere...

Cheers - JK

Welcome to OWTB!

Please contact a Mod or Admin if you need any help getting started (Click here).

If you're feeling adventurous, head straight into the main board to chat about all things Latics (Click here).

And if you're here for all the fantastic OWTB Shirts and Merchandise head over to the shop (Click here).

Also, as you are up in the frozen North, check out the OASIS Forum for details of Oldham InSANE, an informal bunch of Latics fans in Scotland and The North East who share lifts etc in order to get to Boundary Park as often as possible!

:chubb:

Welcome to OWTB!

I'm afraid you need to answer an additional question before we can let you in John.

Hoiw many pints did he have? :wink:

I'm really wishing that I understand your comment - but for some reason it's gone straight over my head!!

Don't suppose you'd explain it, as I'd like to be in on the joke!! Sorry, having a bit of a dumb moment me thinks...!

JK

Ah. It's a reference to a song about Sean Gregan's unfortunate moment in a chip shop on the Isle of Mann. I thought you might have some local knowledge. There is a youtube of some other club's fans singing it but I can't find it from work, I dare say someone else can?

Ah. It's a reference to a song about Sean Gregan's unfortunate moment in a chip shop on the Isle of Mann. I thought you might have some local knowledge. There is a youtube of some other club's fans singing it but I can't find it from work, I dare say someone else can?

Cheers, no didn't know that - i'll have a look and see if I can find it! I'm a little behind on the Oldham scene, one of the reasons I've joined! When was Gregan on the Isle of Man?

Cheers, no didn't know that - i'll have a look and see if I can find it! I'm a little behind on the Oldham scene, one of the reasons I've joined! When was Gregan on the Isle of Man?

It was a few years ago now, with Preston. I'm sure some on here will remember more about it, I wasn't there.

It was a few years ago now, with Preston. I'm sure some on here will remember more about it, I wasn't there.

Diego_Sideburns was one of several witnesses who allegedly saw Sean Gregan taking matters into his own hands (as it were :o) in a Chippy late at night when everyone was rather drunk.

I'm sure he will give a first-hand witness report when he gets back from Oldham. :D

Diego_Sideburns was one of several witnesses who allegedly saw Sean Gregan taking matters into his own hands (as it were :o) in a Chippy late at night when everyone was rather drunk.

I'm sure he will give a first-hand witness report when he gets back from Oldham. :D

Haha! Have seen the youtube vid of the fans singing the song now - It's a good job he didn't do that up here in Glasgow, he would probably have had it deep fried!

>Name?

Anthony

>Location?

Tintwistle, Nr Glossop

>How Long Supporting the Tics?

Since 1984

>Best away match you've been to?

FA Cup Semi-final at wembly

>All Time Greatest Player?

Andy Ritchie

>Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)?

Man City

Welcome to OWTB!

Name?

Ben Marsden

Location?

Lees, Oldham

10+ yrs

Mansfield in the Dowie era. Clyde Wijnhard made a shock return from injury and one size scored a penalty.

Andy Ritchie

City

Welcome to OWTB!

. Copy the following questions.

Name?

Jonny Marsden

Location?

Chesterfield but originally Oldham

18 + years

Man City away (1999 I think) we won 2-1

Earl Barrett

Tranmere, only because they're fans are stupid enough to think when we play its a derby.

Guest sheridans_world

Welcome to OWTB :chubb:

Name? Richard Pattie

Location? Rochdale

How Long Supporting the Tics? 14 years

Best away match you've been to? Wolves away when we won 3-2 David Beresford scoring a blinder. Remember also for Sean McCarthys back flip.

All Time Greatest Player? Andy Ritchie

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? Burnley (chim chimmene chim chim cha roo ......................................)

Guest sheridans_world

Welcome to OWTB :chubb:

Name? David Parker

Location? Springhead

How Long Supporting the Tics? 54 years

Best away match you've been to? There have been so many over the years

All Time Greatest Player? Bobby Johnson, Bert Lister, Andy Richie

Biggest Rivals (in your eyes)? This season Leeds

Welcome to OWTB

Name?

Ste

Location?

Royton

12years

Derby away for the result or Hudds last season for the boozing n atmosphere

O JOHNNY EYRE

Guest oa_exile

Welcome Ste to OWTB!