Trust chair statement and consequences

underdog

Dear all

Please find attached an update from acting Trust Chair Philippa

https://trustoldham.co.uk/2020/08/12/statement-from-the-acting-chair-to-members-of-trust-oldham/

So, I must be a card short of a deck, but I have agreed to go back in.

With this in mind and the work that need doing to get it up to the AGM. I have decided that I will be coming off social media.

I wish everyone well and your families safe

Regards

Underdog

6 hours ago, underdog said:

Dear all

https://trustoldham.co.uk/2020/08/12/statement-from-the-acting-chair-to-members-of-trust-oldham/

With this in mind and the work that need doing to get it up to the AGM. I have decided that I will be coming off social media.

Regards

Underdog

Good luck Underdog, i hope that your commitment is worthwhile 

Best wishes

22 hours ago, underdog said:

Dear all

Regards

Underdog

Good luck. The Trust somehow needs to get more fans to sign up. I guess it will always be a thankless task. Whatever is done will upset someone.

Not going to get into the whether the Trust should continue argument and i know its a thankless task for any volunteers but i spent yesterday afternoon reading through the minutes of previous meetings. 

What struck me was how the Trust appeared to believe that there was improvement in a number of the Fan Expectations based upon either a promise from the club of new beginnings rather than waiting for anything to actually come to fruition. For example the fan engagement is improving because of the new Supporter Liaison roles. No improvement as they have not been appointed - for heavens sake this could be worse dependent upon who they actually appoint !!!  The minutes seemed to portray that there was little that could not easily be fixed when in reality I firmly believe we are miles off (as i say this is from an outsider looking in but not one that seeks to criticise but will recognise good improvements & credit when due [not before])  

I personally would say that the club are not meeting any of the 6 fan expectations in full, progress on a few but can go backwards as well as forwards - like the open accountability one. AL and NN  attend a Zoom meeting and say Dino can do his 1:1 once AL cleared it, next thing Dino gone, HK appointed and AL must have been in negotiation then but not advised supporters or kept them in the loop. 

I hope if the Trust is retained that any new Board is clear as to how any expectations of the club and its ownership are measured.     

Archived