Well I didn’t see that coming

No post match interview from last night’s game at Boreham Wood ? 

I await his comments. Can anyone get an answer as to why he insist on playing one upfront.

Especially when anyone involved in football know our knew signing Reid needs to play of a central striker.

i actually feel so sorry for the lad he must wonder why he was signed 

please please can our post match interviewer ask some telling questions …

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I don’t think it will be the media team being lazy, their output has been excellent. Much more likely he was fuming- because he didn’t see the result coming. . and didn’t want to talk. 

It’s the blokes credibility on the line.  He’ll be fuming.  Post match Saturday you saw he was cautious with what he said as he’s now repeating the same lines every post match.  The players are not delivering what he expects or accepting the formation and tactics he’s trying to instil.

He was a hot prospect earlier in tenure at Everton U23s but hit that glass ceiling so came here in his first role as manager.  Regardless of his “new found love” for Oldham, we’re a stepping stone and opportunity for him to cut his teeth, return us to league football and advertise himself for a job in Championship before Premier League.

Theres a concerning disconnect between him and players.  He expected a Midas touch with a few signings, the coaching of his team and we’d climb the table.  It’s not happening and going in the opposite direction.  He brought in Mick Rathbone and the players are less confident on the pitch than having Mo Lemsagam threatening withholding pay or relegation to the youth team.  It’s not working yet and it must be extremely irritating for DU.

As said on other post, he’s signing players that don’t seem to fit the formation he wants to play.  Either he thinks he can change players or he cannot get the actual players he needs so panicked into signing Reid due to goal scoring record ( same with Willoughby and Nuttall ) to try and score his way out to give him breathing space.  However need to play to strengths and our current formation/tactics are impeding Reid rather than allowing him to flourish!

Not easy being a football manager and having to talk to the media after just 1 win in 15!

I don’t know what more he can say and the pressure must be mounting on him now…

With a double header against Notts Co. coming up over Xmas, I think defeats in our next two games against fellow strugglers Gateshead & Torquay could be the final straw!!

• Matt changed the title to Well I didn’t see that coming
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Not easy being a football manager and having to talk to the media after just 1 win in 15!

I don’t know what more he can say and the pressure must be mounting on him now…

With a double header against Notts Co. coming up over Xmas, I think defeats in our next two games against fellow strugglers Gateshead & Torquay could be the final straw!!

Not forgetting the banana skin that is Peterborough Sports. 

Archived