New Signings...

LaticsLegend

The New Boys.  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Of the new signings this summer, which has impressed you the most in pre-season?

• Mark Crossley
    • John Thompson
    • JP Kalala
    • Mark Allott
    • Craig Davies
    • Michael Ricketts

Gone for Ratman. He has proved me wrong*. Thought he'd be pants but turns out he's actually a very good player!

But honourable mentions to Kalalalalalala and Davies.

*People - this doesn't happen very often :grin:

davies for me. To me he is warney with pace and an end product from what iv seen of him in pre season.

i agree with greganator aswel that allot does have the hardest task in convincing people but he is definitly going the right way about it iv been impressed by him in the 2 games iv seen him play.

I think Allott, Kalala and Davies have looked really good since arriving.

I've voted for Davies as he has shown great ability and enthusiasm and is a very exciting prospect for the coming season, but I think Allott and Kalala have done great and will continue to do so.

Of the other signings Ricketts is pretty much what I expected, he will score goals at this level but will probably never be a fans favourite.

Crossley and Thompson both worry me slightly, Crossley is a good shot stopper but his inability/unwillingness to come off his line will definately cause us problems and will cost us goals this season.

Thompson although looking good in the air doesn't seem as decisive and sure footed as I would like, he needs to build up a relationship with Gregan and Crossley quickly so they are on the same wavelength otherwise this is also going to lead to us conceding more soft goals.

I think Allott, Kalala and Davies have looked really good since arriving.

I've voted for Davies as he has shown great ability and enthusiasm and is a very exciting prospect for the coming season, but I think Allott and Kalala have done great and will continue to do so.

Of the other signings Ricketts is pretty much what I expected, he will score goals at this level but will probably never be a fans favourite.

Crossley and Thompson both worry me slightly, Crossley is a good shot stopper but his inability/unwillingness to come off his line will definately cause us problems and will cost us goals this season.

Thompson although looking good in the air doesn't seem as decisive and sure footed as I would like, he needs to build up a relationship with Gregan and Crossley quickly so they are on the same wavelength otherwise this is also going to lead to us conceding more soft goals.

Fans tend to favour those that look like they are running their nuts off for the cause i.e warne, Ernie, etc Ricketts is not this type of player and people need to understand that just like liddell isnt. I hope people dont get onto his back any more than they already are because of this. I have heard a couple of comments already.

Fans tend to favour those that look like they are running their nuts off for the cause i.e warne, Ernie, etc Ricketts is not this type of player and people need to understand that just like liddell isnt. I hope people dont get onto his back any more than they already are because of this. I have heard a couple of comments already.

The reason I said that was that I heard some totally uncalled for, uneccessary and scathing criticism of him by a couple of absolute balloons in the main stand upper tier during the Sheff Wed game.

Davies is out infront by a country mile. Dont think there's not a Latics fan who's been to a friendly who's not been impressed by him. His standing ovation against Wednesday speaks volumes. How many players in friendlies have had a standing ovation when they've come off - especially at Latics?

Followed by Kalala > Allott > Ricketts > Crossley > Thompson

Dont think we can moan about the signings at all so far.

All doing quite well I think.

Davies stands out because he's a forward with pace. This is something we have been missing for quite a while.

I think Allott has done well over the 4 games I've seen. Kalala has shown glimpses of what he can do, sure he'll be a good one this season. I think the same with Ricketts. There's something there, it's just seeing if we're the club who can channel it properly this time.

Crossley being a new keeper worries me. Nothing on him it is just when we get a new keeper it takes me a while longer than an outfield player to get to know them and what they do. I was bricking it every time the ball went near the net last season we changed keepers that much. Two clean sheets in the last two and very vocal, not one for coming off the line much though.

Thompson seems to be fitting in well. Does dither a bit at times but he'll be right soon enough.

Overall I reckon they're all doing quite well, some taking longer than others to push on but I reckon they'll all be fired up and ready to impress come Saturday.

I think they've all impressed to a point.

Crossley - Good shot stopper, talks incessantly. But worried about him being superglued to his line. Will cost us a few goals on crosses I feel, but very good at one on one's so far.

Thompson - Good on the deck reads the game well but prone to diving in.

Kalala - Quick, maks runs into the box, ball winner and neat passer - betetr than Rocky as he has more control about his whole game

Allott - Completely reinvented himself. Neat and tidy passer, crunching tackler, still can't shoot for toffee. Passes forward more than Wellens and keeps it simple.

Davies - Paul Warne but good! Can shoot, very quick and chases things down he has to right to, drooling over this boy's potential. The one that stands out for me!

Rickett's - agree with Shez, far too good for this level, puts himself about, decent in the air, good shot on him and forging a good partnership with Craig Davies.

Edited by oafcprozac

Davies for me!

Whenever he gets the ball there is an expectation something is going to happen, and he's not afraid to shoot from anywhere!

He also looks like he has the passion to want to do well for OAFC, and is getting a good rapport with the fans (giving us all a round of applause after he scored at Macclesfield)

Although Warney is GOD in my eyes :imnotworthy::wub: ,I reckon this lad could be more of a success!!

(special mention to Allott though.He's a changed man!!!)

..special mention to Allott though.He's a changed man!!!

It's not him who has changed - he's been playing like that in midfield for years, particularly against us.

What has changed is the perception of you and others on this thread, who now see him in a different light. :applause1: It's good that he's converted people so quickly. :imnotworthy: He'a a Latics' fan and I can see him as a future captain.

Davies the best signing so far.. only comparisson to Warne is that he chases the lost causes, he has everything that Warne didnt.. Strength, Pace and an End Product.

Impressed with Allott and Kalala break the play up well and play the simple ball, both would be a perfect partner to Kilkenny in midfield if he ever arrives!!

i have only seen the sheff wed game so can only make a comment from what i saw in that gane.

Davies was pure magic 0 he is going to cause defenders a nightmare this season

Ricketts will be a force once he gets his fitness level up to scratch

Kalala Thought he had a great game thought he put himself about well - i think this will be a terrific signing

THompson - thought already him and Gregan have got a partnership going already in the short space of time they have played together, think this another super signing

Crossley didnt think he did anything wrong he is a proven keeper at the top level so will not have too much criticism there

now left Allott till last - why? well firstly i dont think hes good enough, but i looked a this game objectively and fairly and frankly he is going to have to do a lot more to impress me, i really hope he does but didnt have a good game for me - looking at other games from reading an talking to other fans he has played well and some thought he did against Wed, but thats the beauty about the game - time will tell

..now left Allott till last - why? well firstly i dont think hes good enough, but i looked a this game objectively and fairly and frankly he is going to have to do a lot more to impress me...

Allott has won over a lot of his doubters - the acid test for him is to win over neiladamsheadband! :grin:

Go to it Mark, you know what you have to do!