Who makes way for Kilkenny?

Diego_Sideburns

Killer Signs  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes way for KK to go into the side?

• Taylor
    • JP Kalala
    • Allott
    • Liddell
    • A N Other

Expect delay to Monday to allow NK to attend brothers wedding????

IF not NK on bench starting with same team as last game +Giddings as not trained etc. NK on bench on after 57 mins :wink: for Lids. when 3-0 up. :grin:

Shouts from stands of whos that short ...whats he back for etc....convicts etc.

Ssshh! Don't mention convicts! :wink:

If this brothers wedding thing is right then it makes things a bit easier for shez. Gives him monday and tuesdays training sessions to decide who to pick for tuesday night!!! If its not right then i'd say bench for tomorrow......

I'm pretty sure Shez values Liddell's experience too much to drop him at this stage.

Rubbish. You can add experience from the bench.

Shez so far has built an identikit team from the teams that were too strong for us last season.... solid as a rock in the central midfield, powerful and mobile strikers, and quick nippy wingers - who like to cut inside and really pull thier markers around... and also interchange with the strikers.. or play in "the hole"

who is the only person who does not fit in with that - Lidds.... last 30 mins of a game player - End of story....

Shez als spoke about the vale of the "in the hole behind the strikers" player last week... someone who has an eyes for goal, loves getting forward, and is quick and creative.... step forward KK....

I don't mind Liddell. I've been critical at times because although he was leading assist man in the league, he should have had double. Not getting into the player X should have been in the box more etc but I see Kilkenny in the role that Liddell is currently playing in.

I still think Lidds has something to offer, no doubt at all. A bigger squad or at least more players who can play in his position may help him have a better season.

Shez will sort it :)

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

You cant drop Liddell. Top assists in this league last season by quite a distance tells its own story. With Ricketts to aim for and balls to thread through to Davies, he is a must.

I feel like banging my head against the screen sometimes....

If we signed Ronaldo, or Lionel Messi, would you still want liddell there as he got "The highest assists last season," No, if you get a better player who plays in the same position you drop the previous player... no matter how well they did last season.

KK could do twice what liddell produced last season.... I dont mind lidds, I really dont, he just wont give as much to the team as Kilkenny, especially if played behind the front two. You cant bloomin cross on the edge of the D can you???

...who is the only person who does not fit in with that - Lidds.... last 30 mins of a game player - End of story....

The only way Liddell will be coming on for the last 30 minutes is if he's just got back from being best man at Kilkenny's brother's wedding. What's the likelyhood of that - do I hear you say rubbish? Exactly! :grin:

The only way Liddell will be coming on for the last 30 minutes is if he's just got back from being best man at Kilkenny's brother's wedding. What's the likelyhood of that - do I hear you say rubbish? Exactly! :grin:

This is a theoretical debate if all players are fit and available - stop being pedantic over logistics! :grin: !

.... and why is Liddell best man at kilkenny's brothers wedding???!! :wink:

Edited by BigfinLatic

This is a theoretical debate if all players are fit and available - stop being pedantic over logistics! :grin: !

.... and why is Liddell best man at kilkenny's brothers wedding???!! :wink:

He isn't - that's how rumours start and lead to blokes moaning in the main Stand! :wink:

If all players are fit and available, Liddell will be one of the first names on Shez's teamsheet. Trust me - I know you haven't seen the team since last season, but if you're looking for someone who hasn't done anything for a long time and could work wonders coming on for the last 30 minutes, look no further than our blonde winger! :peepwall:

No need for the tin hats as far as I'm concerned lads. I seem to be the only person at the minute who's voted for Taylor..I think we'd miss his pace but at the minute pace is all he offers us. My only real concern is how narrow that would leave us

I'd drop Liddell personally.

No player is guarenteed a starting place and that's how it should be. The problem with Liddell alot of the time is people perceived him to be lazy. Then again, he had no reason to chase everything in years gone by as he's not had to work for his starting position.

I've been very impressed with both Kalala and Allott in pre season and feel it'd be a tad unfair on either of them to be dropped given the way they have played.

I'd stick Taylor on the right as if Swansea still have that same left back as last season. He will terrorise him. Allott in the centre with Kilkenny playing just to the left. Kalala in a defensive midfield position sat infront of the back four and doing the donkey work he's done oh so well with in pre season.

The thing I like about Kalala is that he's always in space. Takes his time and picks out his pass. Sat infront of the time he'd have ample time to do that for us and put us on the attack.

Can take the flack its the truth. Chris is a great lad, local lad as well, want him to become a legend for Latics but he has to produce in this line up. Think he could thrive with the better quality (OK Potential quality) in the team. My point is that with the increased competition even the very likeable Chris is not safe. Surely thats a good thing for him in the football sense.

Couldn't agree more. Let's hope the weight of being sponsored by OWTB doesn't harm his confidence! :wink:

if you have read a couple of my postings you will guess who i have voted for( sure diego, alangrovesperm, lieutenant pigeon and harrydowdsgreenshirt) will have upmost pleasure in telling me i was wrong bu Allott 4 me is still not good enough, but like i have said i hope i am proven so very wrong.

if you have read a couple of my postings you will guess who i have voted for( sure diego, alangrovesperm, lieutenant pigeon and harrydowdsgreenshirt) will have upmost pleasure in telling me i was wrong bu Allott 4 me is still not good enough, but like i have said i hope i am proven so very wrong.

You will be! :grin:

Anyone know what the new signings are like at taking penalties?

I've voted for Liddell to be dropped but the thing is, if we do get a penalty, it is as good as scored if Lidds is the one taking it. Hopefully, one of our new strikers will be as accomplished from the spot.

If Chris "Sponsored by OWTB" Taylor is dropped, I expect - no demand - that at least 300 Members are knocking on Shez's front door at 6am on Sunday! :angry:

I think Shez is in a perfect position now ..... having to decide who he as to drop, not long ago it was who he as left to play!!! This healthy comp for places is what we need and what I see as taking us that step further this last year.

We now have the ability to play different styles which is what the best teams do to get the results and hopefully we can avoid the burn-out several players got towards the end of the season by being able to rest players.

The arguement of Lidds being top assist in the league as a reason for him to start does not wash anymore..... most of these came in the first part of the season then it all caught up with him. Unfortunately I see him as the bench and starting in certain games when the occasion / conditions suits .... this is a team that plays a fast expansive game, were anyone of the front players / midfielders could find themselves out wide or pushing at speed through the middle. We are now beyond just great crosses onto the strikers heads and Wellens running about the edge of the area in circles I hope.

I like Lidds and as been a great player for the club, but the young'uns as pushing past him in the pecking order.