Giddings or Bertrand?

laticio

Who Should Play Left-Back?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your Loanee Left Back

• Stuart Giddings
    • Ryan Bertrand

Agreed, we see it differently.

That is what is great about football - it's all about opinions. Unfortunately, only mine is right!!!! :lol:

Right then - lets put it to the test... we will keep this thread as "full-back watch".... as it looks to be Bertrand and Eardley at full backs, every time BOTH play we can play a little game... every time we concede a goal as a result of bad full back play, I will get a point, every time attacking full back play leads to a goal - you get a point....lets see where we are at the end of the season....

Bigfin: 1 - 0 :Rick

Bring it on!

Edited by BigfinLatic

Right then - lets put it to the test... we will keep this thread as "full-back watch".... as it looks to be Bertrand and Eardley at full backs, every time BOTH play we can play a little game... every time we concede a goal as a result of bad full back play, I will get a point, every time attacking full back play leads to a goal - you get a point....lets see where we are at the end of the season....

Bigfin: 1 - 0 :Rick

Bring it on!

You are on !! Winner gets a pint.

Who is the ref?

BF, can you define 'SOLIDITITY' please? B)

F68 - can you define SMART ARSE for me? :ass1::wink:

Rick - for a ref - I assume on goals we cant agree on...? Dunno, does one of the illustrious Mods/admins want to step forward???

Edited by BigfinLatic

Rick - for a ref - I assume on goals we cant agree on...? Dunno, does one of the illustrious Mods/admins want to step forward???

Exactly - or any goals conceded would be Gregan/Thompson/Crossleys fault and any goals scored would undoubtedly be due to the additional space created in the middle due to our marauding full-backs :D

Blah blah blah :grin:

What about playing both lads - Gids at LB and Ryan on Left wing - Move Taylor to the right and Lidds in centre to cover for KK when injured ???

I like it! except the bit where liddell is in the team.... :shock:

would love to see Berts on the Left wing and Taylor on the right - some proper width for once....

Blah blah blah :grin:

What about playing both lads - Gids at LB and Ryan on Left wing - Move Taylor to the right and Lidds in centre to cover for KK when injured ???

It would never work - it makes too much sense!!

Guess this is now answered seeing Giddings has now gone back to cov....

As I said... Bertrand all along.... :wink:

However, Shez said that he would like to sort something out with Dowie about taking Gidds back again when he is fit.....

:huh:

However, Shez said that he would like to sort something out with Dowie about taking Gidds back again when he is fit.....

:huh:

Maybe i'm reading too much into this but doesnt it suggest that Shez has been reading this board and is thinking of playing Bertrand on left wing? Bertrand is here until January, why bring Gidds back when we already have cover at left back?

Maybe i'm reading too much into this but doesnt it suggest that Shez has been reading this board and is thinking of playing Bertrand on left wing? Bertrand is here until January, why bring Gidds back when we already have cover at left back?

Yes, i'm sure a player who has won cups, played in world cups and adored more or less wherever he played, will take notice of posts on here about team selection!? :blink::unsure::huh:

At the moment i would have to say Gidding's purley because he looks the more of the two. Bertrand looked good going foward but didn't really get the chance to create much. We need our defense as solid as possible at the moment an that is something that Giddings can supply better than Bertrand.

At the moment i would have to say Gidding's purley because he looks the more of the two. Bertrand looked good going foward but didn't really get the chance to create much. We need our defense as solid as possible at the moment an that is something that Giddings can supply better than Bertrand.

"Are you Bigfin in disguise?

Are you Big-fin in-disguise????"

:D

Bigfin

I think I owe you a pint!!

:laught16:

I have to say mate - I think you are right... and trust me, after saturday... I wish I was proved wrong, however I think that proves that shez has a lot of work to do to turn our full backs (bertrand in particular) into a solid defensive unit.... and not much kop going forward on this evidence...

However... I think I would be wrong to accept your surrender this early - trust me... i wish more than anyone shez can turn it around.... you could have the last laugh yet!

Lets just say its a very generous.... 3-0!

:laught16:

I have to say mate - I think you are right... and trust me, after saturday... I wish I was proved wrong, however I think that proves that shez has a lot of work to do to turn our full backs (bertrand in particular) into a solid defensive unit.... and not much kop going forward on this evidence...

However... I think I would be wrong to accept your surrender this early - trust me... i wish more than anyone shez can turn it around.... you could have the last laugh yet!

Lets just say its a very generous.... 3-0!

Agreed 3-0. I still think that a lot of issues remain at centre half and in goal too (as well as midfield and up front)!!