Whats going wrong ?

Can't understand whats goin wrong, yes we have injuries but we still have quality players, better than last year and i know the league is stronger this season, but whats going on, we cant seem to play as a side. Defence seems very dodgy and im not convinced by crossley.

Can't understand whats goin wrong, yes we have injuries but we still have quality players, better than last year and i know the league is stronger this season, but whats going on, we cant seem to play as a side. Defence seems very dodgy and im not convinced by crossley.

I dont think the balance of the side is all that great....and you have to look to the manager in these situations....

We have an side unsettled through injury.

A goalkeeper that, by all accounts, is rooted to his line and is probably past his best.

A youngster on loan at left back, which is a position that has not been filled satisfactorily.

An ex-con who surely can't be anywhere near match fit.

A young right back who, again, from what others have said, probably needs a break from week -in, week-out pressure.

A manager who is still cutting his teeth.

Oh, and fans who, unrealistically, expect us to storm the league.

I dont think thats true.....

There is only Kilkenny and Ricketts out....a team should be able to keep functioning without a few players....

AGREE......One or to injurys should'nt be used as an excuse, I know we have a lot of new players etc, etc but instead of improving we seem to going back the way. Have'nt been scorering goals, and now were leaking them too

I hate to say this but from what i have seen so far the football has gone back to the way it was under ronnie moore

speaking to a mate last weekend who is a sheff weds fan and he said every shot at crossley last season that was on target went in he is a slow waste of space

gregan is too slow

thompson loses his marker too easily

allott and kalala are a poor mans version of mcdonald

ricketts unsure yet

davies the only player we have brought in who is worth his wage

tactics dont quite know what they are

john sheridan looks like a man who really doesnt know what to do next

from what i have seen so far relegation here we come

Interesting views ........ and I'm sure we'll hear from the fans who actually went to the game today and who sang until the final minute in support of the team soon.

Liddell. In short.

Legs. Gone.

Shift Taylor over to the right and move the young lad up to left wing. Then have Lomax in at left back.

If it doesn't work better I'll be surprised but Lids' time is up in my opinion.

NB. We didn't sing until the final minute. In fact we didn't sing much once we were two down at all.

Interesting views ........ and I'm sure we'll hear from the fans who actually went to the game today and who sang until the final minute in support of the team soon.

You dont actually need to go and support the team to know that a 4-1 defeat isnt very good though.....^_^

Edited by oafc0000

.. well you should have done !!!!! ^_^

I think I'm one of the few that will have left the game a little horse. Sadly most of that was used up on swear words towards the ref and lino, who, yet again, were poor.

Or it could be neck ache from nodding my head from side to side everytime we tried to pass a ball.

You dont actually need to go and support the team to know that a 4-1 defeat isnt very good though.....^_^

True in some senses Though those who never attended Burnley will have looked at the scoreline and thought we were garbage/battered. Nothing was further from the truth on tuesday!!..But on a side note....................

.but when did Shez actually say we were going to win the league as in your earlier post. :unsure:

going off how Shez acted last year I'm sure the word promotion as rarely been mentioned. Only around the time of the win at Swansea did he even start talking about the posibility last year....

September 2nd 2006 league position 22 Finished in play-offs

September 1st 2007 league position 21 ...... ??????

We moved into top spot after the new year but unfortunately wasn't strong enough to stay in that postion. The squad put together this year looks a stronger (both physically and mentally) than last years and hopefully finish stronger.

so whats going wrong ............. far to soon to even think about asking let alone answering the question.

True in some senses Though those who never attended Burnley will have looked at the scoreline and thought we were garbage/battered. Nothing was further from the truth on tuesday!!..But on a side note....................

.but when did Shez actually say we were going to win the league as in your earlier post. :unsure:

He never said we as going to win it or get promoted but he said the sqaud is capabale of promotion and he see us competiting up there........going off currently performances....that dosent look likely...

We have been unlucky with injuries. Is that down to training, the physio, pure bad luck or what??

I think that teams that have been automatically promoted into League 1 tend to do well because they have generally gained promotion on the back of a good, settled squad and can carry that form and confidence on into the new campaign. Hence, Hartlepool were a tough proposition today.

We, on the other hand, have relative strangers in the team which is subject to chop and change because of the injury situation.

If we keep this squad together, and progress as a unit this season, then there is no reason why we can't get out of this division come next season, if we strengthen the squad wisely.

Did you even go? Firstly your saying Pearson played and now this? Where was you sat?

Its one of the best vocal performances for many a time after going behind. At 4-1 down we sung chant after chant "We're gnna win 5-4", "4-1 and you still dont sing", "Blue flag flying high" and so on. Even at 3-1 down normally we would shut up but today we kept going all the way through the second half. Well the 40-80 of us over towards the right n side.

listening to LW ... could hear the fans through out the game, cheers shuck :zigga: knowing you boys as I do I knew there was no way the singing would have stopped the singing even at 4-1

Supposely Pearson was published as playing somewhere..... spit of Wolfie so much so he could be his twin to the untrained eye :devilish:

I think we are missing Wellens in the middle of the park, yes he wasn't always on top form but he always came and demanded the ball and was always willing to try different things and get the ball forward. We do not have that at the minute, especially with Kilkenny out.

I think we'll come good though, but we have quite a few new players and they need time to settle. But we seem to be saying this at the start of every season recently, its time we got a settled squad for a few seasons in order for us to move forward

I think its far too early to judge on how we'll finish as were still in september!! yes a couple of early defeats are dissapointing, doesnt mean we'll go down, (or up for that matter) but who would of thought after last years opening few games we would of gone on that run which led to us playing huddersfield (one of our bogey teams) off their own patch the way we did and then later on to be toppin the league in feb. So come on, lets get behind the lads over the next few games, who knows where this season will take us, and show the newbies in the squad that we'll get behind the team when they lose some games like this and hopefully this should rub off onto the team. COME ON YOU BLUESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!