Are you an optimist or a pessimist?

laticio

Optimistic or pessimistic?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic about our promotion chances?

• optimistic
    • pessimistic

There have been a lot of "doom and gloom" posts on this site of late. 4 games into the season and half of us appear to want to cancel the contracts of a number of players. Unbelievable! As Shez has pointed out, we are only 4 points off the play off positions (and there are a huge number of games yet to play). I still believe our side has far more quality than last year, so when the chips are down are you pesimistic about our chances or are you an optimist (like Shez and me!). Please vote.

Well generally I like to consider myself an optimist but at the same time I like to keep my feet on the ground really. So while many seemed to think after swansea we would walk away with the league I was relatively cautious about this season. But at the same time as now where we haven't had a great start I'm not panicing and thinging that its all over.

Think many people who want to see changes (those that you consider pessimists) might consider themselves realists and that those who think everything is fine are just wearing blue tinted glasses. All about opinions really innit.

I think people on the whole are generally positive about The owners our management and about the team.

If i'm honest I would happily take seeing us in the top ten going into the new year. Aslong as the foundations have been laid for an asault on promotion. By that I mean that the players have gelled shez has worked out our weeknesses and our strength and has got the team playing to those strengths, and the squad has been fine tuned. If last season taught us anything then it is that its best not to peak to early. If we go into the new year ready for a real late season charge then that will do me.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Well generally I like to consider myself an optimist but at the same time I like to keep my feet on the ground really. So while many seemed to think after swansea we would walk away with the league I was relatively cautious about this season. But at the same time as now where we haven't had a great start I'm not panicing and thinging that its all over.

Think many people who want to see changes (those that you consider pessimists) might consider themselves realists and that those who think everything is fine are just wearing blue tinted glasses. All about opinions really innit.

I think people on the whole are generally positive about The owners our management and about the team.

If i'm honest I would happily take seeing us in the top ten going into the new year. Aslong as the foundations have been laid for an asault on promotion. By that I mean that the players have gelled shez has worked out our weeknesses and our strength and has got the team playing to those strengths, and the squad has been fine tuned. If last season taught us anything then it is that its best not to peak to early. If we go into the new year ready for a real late season charge then that will do me.

i am an eternal optimist,my glass is always half full.

however nights like tonight,2-0 down in a pi$$ pot cup to a team lower down than us and were supposed to be playing a strong team,it really makes you wonder doesnt it.

i have every faith and confidence in shez and tommy wright,however on this form were in for a relegation fight,and i only hope there isnt any knee jerk reactions if we end up losing this one.

Do we really need a run in the johnstones paint trophy though? Just another distraction from the league. Can see the point of the league cup and the fa cup cause we can make abit of money but this one their ain't any money to be made. This is one thing I will be happy to be out of if we get to the championship which is looking a hell of a long way off at the moment granted.

Do we really need a run in the johnstones paint trophy though? Just another distraction from the league. Can see the point of the league cup and the fa cup cause we can make abit of money but this one their ain't any money to be made. This is one thing I will be happy to be out of if we get to the championship which is looking a hell of a long way off at the moment granted.

Yes we do need a run in this competition, because winning, at any level, breeds confidence. As for optimism or pessimism, well, I'll be suicidal if we lose tonight!!

Yes we do need a run in this competition, because winning, at any level, breeds confidence. As for optimism or pessimism, well, I'll be suicidal if we lose tonight!!

I disagree, would have liked to see us feilded a few changes tonight would have been good to have given a few younger lads a chance in this competition, and say to them if we win you will play in the next round. Would give them some first team experience in an environment where their is less pressure than if we are in the league. We ain't going to learn anything we don't know already about liddell and Greagen tonight and I would have liked to have seen those two inparticular rested.

2-2.

Are all our rantings going to be in vain?? I hope so.

its a valid competition with a wembly final.this one is more for the fans,but there is still money to be made from it.it all helps no matter how little.

and yes,always play the stronger side if you get off to a losing season,likes been said winning breeds confidence,something we are sadly lacking in at the moment.

its a valid competition with a wembly final.this one is more for the fans,but there is still money to be made from it.it all helps no matter how little.

and yes,always play the stronger side if you get off to a losing season,likes been said winning breeds confidence,something we are sadly lacking in at the moment.

Where's the option for realist?

Calderwood at Forest said as much on SSN, basically said he was very disappointed with their result and wanted a win to put some "smiles on faces around this place" or summat like that.

Edit: Some say that being a pessimist is best based on the fact that you are never disappointed, well thats garbage cos no matter what happens the optimist has always got the next game to look forward to.

Edited by StipeTripe

I couldn't have summed it up better myself.

83% optimists at the moment.

Clearly, I am the unluckiest guy in the World since no matter where I watch Latics, I end up stuck in the middle of the miserable sods who make up the remaining 17%! :)

You said you were among the anti-Gregan brigade last night - I was among the anti-Thommo gang. You have to accept that there are always the anti-somebody lot in any part of the Latics crowd. They thrive on moaning!

Drown 'em out by singing, but then again I'm hoarse from saying that! :mad:

You said you were among the anti-Gregan brigade last night - I was among the anti-Thommo gang. You have to accept that there are always the anti-somebody lot in any part of the Latics crowd. They thrive on moaning!

Drown 'em out by singing, but then again I'm hoarse from saying that! :mad:

Why do we think we're the only club that has fans that moan at their players. Every club has optimists and every club has pessimists. I went watching Wolves when is was down at uni there and they were constantly on players backs.

It's called football.

People are entitled to express their opinion about players during games, it helps alot of players. How many times have you seen players get booed and then become a hero in a matter of minutes. It spurns players on, it's part of football.

Players expect a bit of abuse from the fans if their not playing well. You ask any pro and it's not nice but it can be an aide to put things right.

At the end of the day Oldham fans are just like every other fanf in britain, fickle.

I'm not condoning people moaning at players but you just have to accept it, i am one of the 17% that does moan alot at games, i am a pessimist but that doesn't mean i don't love the club and support it whatever. I've never booed one player of the pitch (apart from Phil Starbuck at Wigan when we lost 1-0 at springfield park), I have however told players to get their arses in gear if their not playing well.

It's like anything in life, when things aren't going well at work sometimes you need someone to give you a kick up the arse, it doesn't always have to be the boss though.

Just a different view point on it anyway.

P.S. I still thinkk we're going up and i am keeping the faith.