He didn't know where he was tonight and yes in the 50th minute he was visibly out of breath and I couldn't wait for Wolfy to come on which happened too late IMO. Had an open header six yards out which went wide and I only remember one decent thing he did which was a first touch pass outwide to Taylor in the first half.

Defence looked a lot better tonight which is a plus, Leeds hoofed the ball into our area and it was cleared or caught by Crossley most of the time who played well and made a class save from a Prutton header. I'm not too gutted and am not going to drum on about any negatives other than Ricketts because frankly I think he is appauling. I really hope Wolfy gets a few starts now until Hughes is back at least because Ricketts is slow, unfit and has no idea where he is at. He has the stamina of.....something which has little or no stamina.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amoweb
He didn't know where he was tonight and yes in the 50th minute he was visibly out of breath and I couldn't wait for Wolfy to come on which happened too late IMO. Had an open header six yards out which went wide and I only remember one decent thing he did which was a first touch pass outwide to Taylor in the first half.

Defence looked a lot better tonight which is a plus, Leeds hoofed the ball into our area and it was cleared or caught by Crossley most of the time who played well and made a class save from a Prutton header. I'm not too gutted and am not going to drum on about any negatives other than Ricketts because frankly I think he is appauling. I really hope Wolfy gets a few starts now until Hughes is back at least because Ricketts is slow, unfit and has no idea where he is at. He has the stamina of.....something which has little or no stamina.

and the headless chicken that goes by the name of Davis did any better........... I think not

How and Why did Shez leave him on for 85mins ish

the guy was injured but maybe your rose coloured spectacles were in the way from seeing he was holding his hamstring from early in the second half.

so blame shez and no one else - secondly Davies was naff and he was lucky not to be sent off,

so if you gonna start slagging people off - dont just pick on one person be objective

Edited by neiladamsheadband

and the headless chicken that goes by the name of Davis did any better........... I think not

He played well....what rubbish....davies was far worse ! did nothing!

Neither did anything pretty but Ricketts was just lost in no man's land and was tired after 50 minutes, he didn't run for anything. Davies at least chased the ball down, made a few half chances (across the goal and Taylor almost latched onto it, where was Ricketts? Oh yeah catching his breath at the half way line).

i have tried to sit on the fence somewhat this season as far as ricketts is concerned......

no longer!!!

what a lazy, has been, that man is!! he strutts onto the pitch like some sort of footballing god... complete waste of space!

there you go folks... the fence can longer take my weight and has catapulted me into the 'get rid quick' club!!

same goes about ricketts to you as my last post -

defence played well u think hazell was all over the show had is worst game since he came - bertrand at time looked lost - kilkenny didnt have a good game either

again dont just have a go at one player - look at the whole picture

Anyone see a patern...

Porter....lazy

Killen.....lazy

Rickets....lazy

Give it up guys....not every player need to run after lost causes and half chances.....im glad he dosent, its not his game!!! He did well holding up the ball and heading it down as he does every game, some of you choose to ignore that though!

Guest amoweb
the guy was injured but maybe your rose coloured spectacles were in the way from seeing he was holding his hamstring from early in the second half.

so blame shez and no one else - secondly Davies was naff and he was lucky not to be sent off,

so if you gonna start slagging people off - dont just pick on one person be objective

Davis should have been taken off when he lost his head, really thought he was gonna walk. Also thought that Gregan could have walked a few times.......

Overall we were very ineffective in the final third, and slightly to much hooofffff from Crossley but i wouldnt say one person could be singled out tonight..

Ref killed the game with his constant blowing up, except when i mattered most............at the end

Anyone see a patern...

Porter....lazy

Killen.....lazy

Rickets....lazy

Give it up guys....not every player need to run after lost causes and half chances.....im glad he dosent, its not his game!!! He did well holding up the ball and heading it down as he does every game, some of you choose to ignore that though!

Porter scored goals.

I wouldnt mind if he fooking scored OAFC0000 but he dosent really ... i wouldnt mind if he looked dangerous but he didnt!..

Sorry but i disagree with a post above ... thought Hazell did well against the big oaf ... was a tough job against him and then when he marked Wayno he didnt really have a sniff ... he might not have been classy but he was effective. Actually thought Bertrand did ok, and KK was our only driving force at times in the second half.

Davis should have been taken off when he lost his head, really thought he was gonna walk. Also thought that Gregan could have walked a few times.......

Overall we were very ineffective in the final third, and slightly to much hooofffff from Crossley but i wouldnt say one person could be singled out tonight..

Ref killed the game with his constant blowing up, except when i mattered most............at the end

Ricketts is the worst player to have pulled on a Latics shirt in many a long year. Waste of space. Lazy, no pace and not interested. Just look at his recent history. He has been spotted by everyone since he left Bolton. Loan hm to Rochdale.

OAFC0000. I dont expect him to chase down lost causes ala Davies/Warne.

I do expect him to look interested and a threat to score a goal which is what a striker is there for!

Like I said before his cause is not helped by our piss poor service, set pieces, crosses etc.

I do expect him to look interested and a threat to score a goal which is what a striker is there for!

Like I said before his cause is not helped by our piss poor service, set pieces, crosses etc.

People say he didnt look intrested ?? I just cant agree with that!!! Every time a cross came etc his eyes was fixed on the ball!! He looked detremined to me!! Was up against probably the best two defenders and keeper in the league as well....

Aye exactly ... at the end of the day all you can ask for is effort ... hence why Davies escapes alittle more when he has a bad game, but its when people like Ricketts put no effort in whatsoever that people get fed up .. all we ask for is to look interested and for some effort from him.