Last one to post wins

singe

A few days ago, a senior manager asked me for a list of some data. He then played about with it and sent it on to one of his supervisors, asking her to check things from the list to see if we had a potential problem. She delegated this to one of her staff. It came back today with results that suggested that we had a very much more serious and completely different problem. Immediate panic strikes, as me, the manager and our IT guy try to figure out what is up. Eventually we conclude that my source data must have been wrong. I am the mug who has wasted everyone’s time. Then, I realise that the returned list we are panicing over isn’t the same as what I sent – the manager must have arsed it up. Cue jubilant gloating from me, telling him that he’s my bitch and that I own him for a month. However, I do suggest he checks what he sent over in the first place, this turns out to be OK – hence the supervisor has cocked it up. Cue jubilant gloating from him. But no, it was the temp she gave the work to had managed to completely arse up the spreadsheet she was working on, hence the wacky outcomes.

There is a saying somewhere about if you want something doing properly… I don’t need the tinternet to prevent me doing any useful work.

Well done! All that before I even got out of bed!

Must go now. It's time for my siesta! :grin:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
A few days ago, ....There is a saying somewhere about if you want something doing properly…

Or dont hire a Temp.

We have one in at the moment. He is worse than U S E L E S S.

Think we would have been better off doing it ourselves....

As this is a thread about nothing in particular I shall if I may change the subject

Just reading an excellent article about research being done at USC in California. You know how sometimes you get that spooky feeling when you visit somewhere you've never ever been too yet it feels like you have? Well the folks there reckon after years of intensive work that they have discovered the source of deja vu within the brain and can actually see it in action as it were with these fancy scanners they put you in.

What they don't say is if they think they'll find a way to prevent it happening, don't know about you but it seriously freaks me out sometimes. Went to see a customer the other day, whose office was in a really old Victorian building in Manchester. It was so familiar, unnervingly so yet I'd never been there before. I even checked with me Ma and Pa see if they'd taken me there when I was little, but no.

I have a link but its on me computer at home meant to mail it to work after reading it last night but forgot, I'll do it later.

Well the folks there reckon after years of intensive work that they have discovered the source of deja vu within the brain and can actually see it in action as it were with these fancy scanners they put you in.

I just had it. I'm still getting it. I am sure that I was reading an internet message board...then, I look up some research that someone has told me about. What happens next?

I will discover that it is a load of rubbish. :grin:

singe wrote:

With apologies and grateful thanks to Scapegoat...

Why thanks to me Singe?

Cannot believe we have started this again!

Also - what do they win?

Scapegoat, sorry got it in my head it was your orginal idea/fault!

Now realise it was Punchbag.

Lack of sleep is the main reason for delirium..

:whoosh: have i made it in tme for this :gathering2::pray:

As this is a thread about nothing in particular I shall if I may change the subject

Just reading an excellent article about research being done at USC in California. You know how sometimes you get that spooky feeling when you visit somewhere you've never ever been too yet it feels like you have? Well the folks there reckon after years of intensive work that they have discovered the source of deja vu within the brain and can actually see it in action as it were with these fancy scanners they put you in.

What they don't say is if they think they'll find a way to prevent it happening, don't know about you but it seriously freaks me out sometimes. Went to see a customer the other day, whose office was in a really old Victorian building in Manchester. It was so familiar, unnervingly so yet I'd never been there before. I even checked with me Ma and Pa see if they'd taken me there when I was little, but no.

I have a link but its on me computer at home meant to mail it to work after reading it last night but forgot, I'll do it later.

I win!

QUOTE(fleetwood Blue @ Aug 7 2007, 14:57 PM) *

IM THE LAST ONE, WHAT DO I WIN!

QUOTE(maddog @ Aug 7 2007, 15:00 PM) *

Don't come here often, do you? :wink:

QUOTE (StipeTripe)Aug 8 2007, 09:05 AM)

Don't you think its sweet though Mads, when they do turn up, there must be that one nano second where the poster thinks heck if I put "I win" or "I'm last what's the prize" that it seems to be the funniest smartest response that ever been posted on a MB thread entitled "The last one to post wins", D'OH.

:)

Edited by StipeTripe

YESSSSSSSSSS - I Win!!!

Stop it, Stipe, you're freaking me out now.

Guest sheridans_world
In the words of the famous Bee Gees - I win again! (yes I know it is 'you' but just for the popoises of this exercise!)

Tragedy - You lost!