Well done the Drummer

After all the slating of the lad on this board I would like to say well done to the drummer on Saturday. Was not non stop drumming and did not kill any of the

atmosphere that fans have claimed in the past. If anything I think it created an atmoshere at points in the game when it had gone quiet.

Well done drummer boy you did well on Saturday

After all the slating of the lad on this board I would like to say well done to the drummer on Saturday. Was not non stop drumming and did not kill any of the

atmosphere that fans have claimed in the past. If anything I think it created an atmoshere at points in the game when it had gone quiet.

Well done to the accoustics too! :wink:

Dont agree, we didnt have him there last year and the singing was 10x better!

I still think he mutes people, which stops certain members of the crowd singing!

Disagree. His drumming killed many chants, as it's tooooooooo damn fast! Slow it down so people can keep up - I just can't clap that fast! Think it could be much better at a more reasonable tempo.

Dont agree, we didnt have him there last year and the singing was 10x better!

I still think he mutes people, which stops certain members of the crowd singing!

We also won 3-0 played like real madrid, were on a great run and had an extra 500 fans last year . If that was the case Saturday I think the siging would also have been 10x better.

If he was not there yesterday do you think the siging would have been 10x better - I dont think it would have been

Guest sheridans_world

If he had not been there yesterday it would have been much better.

The drum is brilliant when used by someone who can play the damn thing (trust me i know what i'm on about), not when its 3000000000000 miles an hour. People cant clap that fast! If he slowed it down and stopped once he got chants going then maybe he would be liked more.

Seriously, the speed he thinks he should play it at is rediculous, maybe if he were in a band like

i could accept it, but not on the terraces!

We also won 3-0 played like real madrid, were on a great run and had an extra 500 fans last year . If that was the case Saturday I think the siging would also have been 10x better.

If he was not there yesterday do you think the siging would have been 10x better - I dont think it would have been

So you are telling me, that because he was there people sang????

Even if there were 500 people there they would have sang their hearts out, its a local game and people turn up to have a good time, and baiting the home fans is what makes people sing and dance and cheer, not some pre-pubesent child with a stick and pig skin!

I wonder how we coped in the 80's and 90's without a drummer?

So you are telling me, that because he was there people sang????

Even if there were 500 people there they would have sang their hearts out, its a local game and people turn up to have a good time, and baiting the home fans is what makes people sing and dance and cheer, not some pre-pubesent child with a stick and pig skin!

I wonder how we coped in the 80's and 90's without a drummer?

"So you are telling me, that because he was there people sang????"

No where is it I said that Beardy? If you read it again I was giving the lad a bit of credit. I dont recall saying anywhere there would not have been singing without the drum you just decided to say that to suit your argument!

For god`s sake ... another new thread on this .. it`s been talked to its death. Some people think this and others that .. at the end of the day people wont agree so why are we having this discussion AGAIN?!

Sorry!

I hate it, and i know many others who agree, so i might bring a trumpet to the next game, obviously play it out of tune and time but who cares as it makes an atmosphere?

He was DIRE.

What's our most successful chant thesedays?

Oh When the Blues.....

Why did it never take off? Because the drummer has no sense of timing. He drums far too fast on everything and kills it all off. We were loud DESPITE the drummer not because of him.

Thank god we can sing Oh When the Blues properly from the Lookers where we can't hear him.

I'll bring a violin, we can create an Orchestra

The kazoo can be very effective. It was good enough for The Beatles to use on the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album in "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!" and "Lovely Rita".

If we don't want to go to the expense of buying kazoos, a comb and waxed paper will do, as used by Jimi Hendrix fot the song "Crosstown Traffic" on his Electric Ladyland album.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YUCNsZXCd58

Guest oa_exile
For god`s sake ... another new thread on this .. it`s been talked to its death. Some people think this and others that .. at the end of the day people wont agree so why are we having this discussion AGAIN?!

Agree with you K_P but other members feel the need to discuss it so .............

I`ll just not read the thread from now on .. probably the best idea.

I dont have a choice though :(

Never had strong feelings on this before not sitting in the chaddy and not going to that many away games where he's been but he was playing it far too fast. It's not a terrible idea in principle to have a drum but someone needs to tell him to slow the hell down.