Christmas Trust meal ( Sportsman Dinner)

He's gone up in my estimation!

I have to say that he didn't go for the cheap shots in slagging off players but did tell a few stories that were interesting rather than funny. Unfortunately, that's not really what people want to hear at that kind of event.

He saved most of his venom for Jeff Winter (which I enjoyed as I hate the rent-a-quote Smoggie) and the FA/ Keith Hackett.

He came across as a really decent guy. Unfortunately, he just wasn't that funny and his delivery at times left a bit to be desired.

The next one the Trust hope will be nearer to town and on a weekend ...

News to me but I hope it's true! I'd be suprised though, given the time of year there is a reason why it's always been at the White Hart and on a week night. In other words if you think £35 is expensive.....................

Dermott started well but I think he maybe new to the after dinner circuit.

Apparently he's been at it a while and has made a lot of previous appearances in this area but he wasn't the best was he.

Which reminds me, all feel free to blame Futchers Briefs for recommending him :lol:

Did anyone say whether the Trust's honorary Presidents (Andy Ritchie, Joe Royle and Paul Scholes) will be at the Planning Committee meeting? Barry never responds to my emails.

Paul Scholes actually ceased to be a patron of the Trust quite some time ago

News to me but I hope it's true! I'd be suprised though, given the time of year there is a reason why it's always been at the White Hart and on a week night. In other words if you think £35 is expensive.....................

Spoke to Barry today and he mentioned that he hopes the next one is mid season and closer to town to allow more fans to attend ...

Agree with i-c his comments about Winters were funny but he falls a bit short when delivering a punch line but I did enjoy his talk..

The Auction was not the best ... some good items on offer but no-one wanted to bid even though it was also for charity. A pitty really considering there were a good few people there who could have afforded too.. its just unfortunate I wasn't one of them.

Apparently he's been at it a while and has made a lot of previous appearances in this area but he wasn't the best was he.

Which reminds me, all feel free to blame Futchers Briefs for recommending him :lol:

Haha...i've just read this Mark :lol: ....As you know (as i was still rough at the time!!), i had seen him for our footy team sportsman dinner a few weeks ago and thought he came across a jolly nice chap!! for a bar steward in black :grin: Surely not booked on my 'hazy' recommendation!! :blush:

I had a pic taken with her, but unfortunately it's an upper body shot so no legs on show for you guys!!! :wink:

There will NEVER be a leg shot of me in a dress!

And Sam, I look horrific on photos at the best of times - but I'm never ever having a picture taken with you again! :disappointed:

Haha...i've just read this Mark :lol: ....As you know (as i was still rough at the time!!), i had seen him for our footy team sportsman dinner a few weeks ago and thought he came across a jolly nice chap!! for a bar steward in black :grin: Surely not booked on my 'hazy' recommendation!! :blush:

I know yeah I just couldn't resist being cheeky :lol:

There will NEVER be a leg shot of me in a dress!

And Sam, I look horrific on photos at the best of times - but I'm never ever having a picture taken with you again! :disappointed:

Don't worry Clare, you never see me in a dress either.......not with my footballers legs!!! (thanks mum!)

And the only reason it's not a good pic of you is coz you had your gob open talking :tongue1:

The one of you, me and Richard (Wardle) is a good one. :bluearmy:

Don't worry Clare, you never see me in a dress either.......not with my footballers legs!!! (thanks mum!)

And the only reason it's not a good pic of you is coz you had your gob open talking :tongue1:

The one of you, me and Richard (Wardle) is a good one. :bluearmy:

you girls made the picture :blush: ...