Offical Statement from the club ?

Still havent heard anything on the offical site stating what the owners plans are... Really wish they would let us know there thoughts directly !!

Anyone have an idea when we will hear something ?

Email I got from AH...

Joshua

Thanks for your email.

Yesterday was probably the busiest day I have ever experienced in my 26 years at Latics, my email inbox nearly gave up on me.

I assure you I will do my best to achieve a satisfactory outcome to all this for the benefit of the club and its fans.

Meetings will be ongoing today and over the weekend so we may not be able to issue a statement now until early next week.

I don't know if you are able to join in the protest march tomorrow but if you can that would be great, if not please encourage as many people as possible to support the event. I will be there.

Regards

Alan

Doubt they will.

They need us to be planning and fighting this unjust decision. We all know what happens when things look like going in our favour. There are enough positive indicators in the MEN article and also from the words of Councillor David Jones.

At the moment, Fan Power is winning the day and we need to keep it up.

We have a siege mentality at the moment. It didn't half work wonders over the Pennines and we mustn't back off.

It's not a quick decision, like what you're having for your tea. There will be an awful lot to consider and at least they didn't just walk away in the immediate aftermath of Wednesday night. What it does mean is that the march tomorrow is of even more significance and could help to sway whatever decision is made.

KTF

I don't think it's us they are intending to make sweat. If they come out and say they are staying no matter what then the council will breathe a huge sigh of relief. If they sit tight and say nothing the councillors will have to starting facing up to the fact that they may be the people who brought the club to it's knees. i think that our powder is being kept in a very dry place somwhere and i trust TTA's to know when to get it out.

And by the way sometimes I can spend ages deciding what to have for my tea (although here in Saddleworth it is supper)

Edited by astottie

I don't think it's us they are intending to make sweat. If they come out and say they are staying no matter what then the council will breathe a huge sigh of relief. If they sit tight and say nothing the councillors will have to starting facing up to the fact that they may be the people who brought the club to it's knees. i think that our powder is being kept in a very dry place somwhere and i trust TTA's to know when to get it out.

Yeah I think your right.

I noticed that all the councillors comments recently have said that after last nigths talks TTA will resubmit their plans rather than appeal. They could even be resubmitted and heard by December at no extra cost. (Really just like the meeting getting deferred yet again for a month but TTA have learnt alot regarding the rejections this time round)

Basforth ''I hope the owners do as they have said and stay the course bringing a revised acceptable plan to the earliest committee (possibly December) and make it one that we can all support.''

Larkin ''I hope the owners do as they said last night and stay the course and bring a revised acceptable plan to the earliest committee and make it one that we can all support.''

The MEN also states that Corney has stated they are in for the long haul despite the result!

Edited by Blue_Guru

As some have pointed out...I think it's a fairly decent tactic to make them sweat at the council. Add to that, I'm kinda glad that TTA have taken this time to reflect and also to take on the council behind closed doors. The one thing I feared on Weds night (as well as them walking, obviously) was some highly charged, reactionary statement which closed the doors at the council once and for all, which would definitely see TTA leaving. I feel far more positive today (now having had time to read the efforts made....between my own emails to councillors) that this simply can't be allowed to stay as it is. And I feel far more positive that TTA will be going nowhere and will not let us down!

This one ain't over by a long, long way. And I can't wait for this March tomorrow! I've been very very disillusioned with a good portion of Latics fans in the last few years (especially with how easy it seemed for some to walk away from the club because on 1 man that some didn't like)......but we are far bigger than 1 man or 7 men who voted illegally against us. And everyone is proving so now!

I salute you all.....and a few inparticular!

We fight on!

Guest oa_exile
.but we are far bigger than 1 man or 7 men who voted illegally against us.

That's a little harsh on Christine Wheeler I feel.

:)

Why ? :grin:

559365220_02465e892a.jpg <--------- Christine Wheeler ?

I notice on the front page of the Chron that they all seem smartly dressed. Couldn't they have taken pictures of them on the night and used those?

The picture of the front page of Thursday's rarely wrong Chron showed them dressed to 'kill' the application. Chaddy The Owl's desinger outfit put them all to shame!

Guest sheridans_world
It's FREE to watch on the OS

some of us have work to do........ :unsure: ........

.........And some of us dont have speakers at work :grin:

some of us have work to do........ :unsure: ........

.........And some of us dont have speakers at work :grin:

You didn't get mentioned by name Si but Alan acknowledged how much hard work was being done by the fans.

Most of the rest was just talking about the importance of the March and in particular, that people kept it peaceful.

What has Alan Hardy said in his video ?

Interesting to hear Alan say that last night the Police Chief Superintendant was not going to allow the March to go ahead, but he got her to change her mind, subject to conditions. He emphasised no foul or racist chanting.

He is joining us on the March along with Ian Hill, Barry Owen and others.

The last 24 hours is the busiest he's been in all his time at the Club, having been overwhelmed with support and media interest, plus meetings to decide how to proceed.