No. 10 Stadium Petition, Please Sign!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not been around for a while, but so pleased to see this grow to 1296 names now. This cannot be refused again, surely?

At the last meeting they rejected the recommended approval of the outline application in spite of a petition containing 2,061 signatures.

They were also unimpressed with only 26 letters in support, compared with 468 letters against. So far 29 members of OWTB have indicated that they've sent letters in support.

What do you think the Planning Committee members will think about such level of support this time?

At the last meeting they rejected the recommended approval of the outline application in spite of a petition containing 2,061 signatures.

They were also unimpressed with only 26 letters in support, compared with 468 letters against. So far 29 members of OWTB have indicated that they've sent letters in support.

What do you think the Planning Committee members will think about such level of support this time?

But think about the reported attendance at the march as well, Diego! I'm sure the visible support there will not have gone unnoticed!

But think about the reported attendance at the march as well, Diego! I'm sure the visible support there will not have gone unnoticed!

what restrictions are there on what you can/can't take into the chamber? I know you can't take plasticine models of 1960's Russia but what else?

and - be reasonable - I know you can't take guns, or arable farmland or the Thelwall Viaduct in there but what can you take? I mean can you take large a2 photos of the march and leave them casually leaning against the wall facing the councillors? I'm also thinking of taping the momentous words when approval is given for a youtube special......

can you take large a2 photos of the march and leave them casually leaning against the wall facing the councillors?

I love that idea. Would it be worth asking someone involved in the meeting about it? We don't want to do anything that could be seen as being unreasonably trying to sway the councillors' decisions, but it'd look great! :grin:

There is no mention of the March in the Report for the next meeting.

The Committee can only consider written representations and the three minute oral presentations by the objectors' representative, the Applicant/representative (and the non-Coldhurst Ward Councillor who was permitted to speak last time), together with any information arising from answers to the Councillors' questions.

It's up to the Applicant/representative to mention the show of support illustrated by the March.

The planning@oldham.gov.uk email address also needs to contain a link to the No. 10 Petition, so that its signatories can be included in the official representations. Whoever is organising it needs to do that and check with Jim Bennett (Planning Department) to make sure it is being taken into consideration.

what restrictions are there on what you can/can't take into the chamber? I know you can't take plasticine models of 1960's Russia but what else?

and - be reasonable - I know you can't take guns, or arable farmland or the Thelwall Viaduct in there but what can you take? I mean can you take large a2 photos of the march and leave them casually leaning against the wall facing the councillors? I'm also thinking of taping the momentous words when approval is given for a youtube special......

If the objectors are being allowed to display their model outside the Council Chamber then it's reasonable for the Applicant to show something in support, such as the suggested March pictures. Whoever wants to pursue that should raise it with Alan Hardy for him to make the necessary enquiries.

I suspect that the public will be advised not to film/record proceedings this time. Sorry.......what was that last point....I'm afraid I'm a bit deaf from all that noisy singing at BP! :wink:

Item 6 on the agenda is "Public Question Time" - are we able to make use of that? Do we need to submit questions in advance (I'm sure we would)? Are there questions we could submit that would strengthen our case, or would it be counter-productive? Thoughts Diego, anyone?

By the way it is interesting to read the minutes of the previous meeting, not least for all the grammatical and spelling errors in the document!

:cardinal:

Item 6 on the agenda is "Public Question Time" - are we able to make use of that? Do we need to submit questions in advance (I'm sure we would)? Are there questions we could submit that would strengthen our case, or would it be counter-productive? Thoughts Diego, anyone?

By the way it is interesting to read the minutes of the previous meeting, not least for all the grammatical and spelling errors in the document!

Thanks, I am already aware of the question facility. I'll discuss it with Alan Hardy to see if there is anything which would be assisted by a question.

With regard to all the grammatical and spelling errors in the minutes, what an indictment of the decline in Education in this country over the last 25 years! Nobody gives a toss nowadays about such errors - there is no longer any pride in making sure that work for public consumption is accurate.

And don't get me on about sign-writing and T-shirt printing!!! :angry:

1442 names this morning. It's only inching up now. Wouldn't it be good to have it up to 2,000 before next Tuesday?

Keep recruiting signers.

And why don't we all write to each member of the planning committee simply drawing their attention to this petition and the number of signatures? (See separate thread "Something else to do today" for all the members' addresses)

Edited by The Chaplain

Guest oa_exile
Petition now over 1500. Have contacted Facebook groups related to OAFC they have emailed their members with the link. Have emailed Alan Hardy petition is front page again. Has anyone contacted Myspace

Deano

Cheers Deano :chubb: