Well Done Latics

7 points off the playoffs, game in hand, 30 games to play...and Hughesy's scored!

:wink:

Seriously though, let's push on...we've got a mini-break for, hopefully, a couple of FA Cup games...let's come back firing and see what December brings.

If we can keep up the level of performance since Forest (apart from Vale), there's no reason why we can't be up around 8th or 9th by the end of 2007.

7 points off the playoffs, game in hand, 30 games to play...and Hughesy's scored!

:wink:

Seriously though, let's push on...we've got a mini-break for, hopefully, a couple of FA Cup games...let's come back firing and see what December brings.

If we can keep up the level of performance since Forest (apart from Vale), there's no reason why we can't be up around 8th or 9th by the end of 2007.

Yep I hope we can push on from here now. I just don't want to get into March and have nothing to play for except relegation. 2 winnable home games on the trot now and only 5 points behind tranmere with a game in hand.

An interesting fact I thought I would mention. WHat do we have in common with Leyton Orient?....Well both teams goal difference is at 0, yet they are top of the league. It's a funny old game!!!!!

Edited by laticsmad

Taylor scored and according to SportingLife he had at least three other shots on target. Anyone know if he was playing more centrally today?

:cardinal:

The whole team has been lately. Regarding "we've clicked tho" that's been mentioned....come on, this was Bournemouth FFS....great result, not taking anything away from that but they are certs to go down. Bottom of the pile I'd say too.....listened the Barrow game on Tues and they were desperately unlucky not to win....we've done what most will do there this season. But you have to beat what's put infront of you...fair play to them. I don't think we can read anything into the result other than 3pts and onwards we go. And I'm certain (esp after what a lot on the radio were saying on Tues night) that they'll sack their manager now. Got them at the right time, I feel.

Just got back, what a performance! hughesys goal was awesome, he did equally as good to cross for taylors goal. fantastic result, onwards and upwards!!!!!

Just got back? I take it you either don't live in Oldham or own a rocket! Were they that good or are Bormnemouth pretty desperate? Having said that some of our better performances have been away. I thought Walsall were pants but they haven't looked back since we stuffed them so credit where credit is due to the lads. 3-0 away is good no matter who you are playing,

I was talking to a Baggies mate of mine last week who was asking how Lee was doing. I think the Baggies fans still have a soft spot for him. He knows Lee's wifes side of the family who he described as a proper set of folk who were devastated by what happened. I think Lee has done well to keep his head down and is progressing to what he may be fully capable of. If he can we will have an awesome front 2. Did he and Davies have a spat over the pen?

Edited by astottie

Just got back? I take it you either don't live in Oldham or own a rocket! Were they that good or are Bormnemouth pretty desperate? Having said that some of our better performances have been away. I thought Walsall were pants but they haven't looked back since we stuffed them so credit where credit is due to the lads. 3-0 away is good no matter who you are playing,

I was talking to a Baggies mate of mine last week who was asking how Lee was doing. I think the Baggies fans still have a soft spot for him. He knows Lee's wifes side of the family who he described as a proper set of folk who were devastated by what happened. I think Lee has done well to keep his head down and is progressing to what he may be fully capable of. If he can we will have an awesome front 2. Did he and Davies have a spat over the pen?

<------check profile, based in dorset only half hour away. It was a good performance, i know bournemouth are down at the bottom but that doesn't take anything away from the victory, we played as a team all over the pitch. this was my first match this season and the only real negative i can pick out was crossley looked dodgy at the corners, he made a couple of decent saves but they hardly threatened our goal. Lee got to the ball first and wouldn't give it to davies for the penalty, although it probably would be the same if davies got it first.

Wow....and I thought what they were saying on Tuesday night was bad.....they guys getting lock, stock and the rest there. I do feel he's been asked to do the impossible though. Their best player, Hayter, gets lifted by the former manager and they're expected to work miracles without him. Got a soft spot for the Cherries after the help they offered during SAFE days and I hope they can turn it around. As I said above though, just glad we did a professional job on a dire side and I expect that they'll be searching for a new manager in the coming days.

<------check profile, based in dorset only half hour away. It was a good performance, i know bournemouth are down at the bottom but that doesn't take anything away from the victory, we played as a team all over the pitch. this was my first match this season and the only real negative i can pick out was crossley looked dodgy at the corners, he made a couple of decent saves but they hardly threatened our goal. Lee got to the ball first and wouldn't give it to davies for the penalty, although it probably would be the same if davies got it first.

Hi Tony

After I'd written my comment I decided to have a quick butchers' and noticed Dorset in your list! Can't expect me to be too attentive when we have won 3 nil away!

Well done for going, i'm always dead chuffed for the team when they get a following in the godforsaken parts of the country. Unfortunately re: the pen it doen't help my 2 quid at 66/1 on davies being top scorer in the division.

Edited by astottie

Hi Tony

After I'd written my comment I decided to have a quick butchers' and noticed Dorset in your list! Can't expect me to be too attentive when we have won 3 nil away!

Well done for going, i'm always dead chuffed for the team when they get a following in the godforsaken parts of the country. Unfortunately re: the pen it doen't help my 2 quid at 66/1 on davies being top scorer in the division.

bournemouth is the fixture i look out for at the beginning of the season. used to go every game home and away before i joined the army, but its really hard to do that with my current job. Anyway just looking forward to Yeovil away in january, half an hour in the other direction!

I would guess 'will he buggery'!

Not right, though!

Not sure if Hughesy's into 'buggery' but 'Screws of the World' have stuck him in its Team of the Week. Wonder if the League's 'illustrious' sponsors and the prats at Lytham St. Anne's will see fit to do the same. But I guess we already know the answer to that one.......

Edited by oafcprozac