1. 1. Who would you rather have?

• Kilkenny & McDonald
    • Kilkenny & Allot
    • Allot & McDonald
    • Kilkenny & kalala
    • Kalala & A.N Other
    • Allot, KK & McDonald
    • None of the above

Not much been said about Allot since he signed. Quite a few people (including me) questioned why we signed him for a fee when he was obvisouly not good enough last time he was here. If he can keep up the performances that he put in last night and on Staurday then he will be a huge player for us over the rest of the season. I would argue that when lids comes back, i'd take McDonald out (not that he's done much wrong) and have KK and Allot as my central midfield pairing.

Well done Ratboy! :)

Edited by shezisgod2007

Not much been said about Allot since he signed. Quite a few people (including me) questioned why we signed him for a fee when he was obvisouly not good enough last time he was here. If he can keep up the performances that he put in last night and on Staurday then he will be a huge player for us over the rest of the season. I would argue that when lids comes back, i'd take McDonald out (not that he's done much wrong) and have KK and Allot as my central midfield pairing.

Think it would be very harsh to drop Gary McDonald now. He's played well for me in the last few games.

Would agree, best thing at the moment players are raising their game in order to keep their places which is what we need. Allott was absolute immense last night won the ball on countless ocassions and i only remember him losing posession once! He obviously improved a lot whilst at Chesterfield!

He no longer a boy... Well Done RATMAN! :grin:

I have voted for KK and Allott as I like an attacking and a defensive midfielder in the middle. However what Allott was good at on Saturday was dropping in when Taylor went forward, last night I would have switched Taylor and Allott to allow Allott to drop in and get Bertrand forward. As has already been said Macca has done little wrong recently and is in good form which can only be good.

Just noticed the option for kalala

:laught16:

.... brilliant.....

I think it is an interesting issue... I too would liekt o see allott in the team, but not at the expense of Gmac or KK... I have a feeling that three in the middle is the way to go... but that gives interesting formation and selection options.... this will be made eaasier possibly when Berts leaves and we have Super Chrissy T at left back!

Our return to some sort of form coincided pretty well with the return of the GMac (as well as Ricketts leaving, Hughes coming back etc). We've missed his runs into the box and I don't see anyone else who's going to make them.

I think we have looked more balanced since big Mac has come back in to the team the biggest problem last night was people getting in to the box. With Allot playing as a 3rd central midfielder rather than a right winger, it forced Davies to play predominantly on the right wing further up the pitch. He put some superb balls in to the box but there was no one ever attacking them, how many times did we see him smash a ball to the near post but there was nobody there? We can't expect Hughes to get on the end of everything.

I would like to see Allot and KK in central midfield, Taylor on the left and Lids on the right. I think that has everything you would need in a good midfield. It's harsh on big mac but i just think Allot can free KK up more to get forward. We've already seen what he cna do when he gets in to shooting positions at the edge of the box (crewe at home and donny away).

quote name='daznathe' date='Dec 5 2007, 12:07 PM' post='74573']

and macca does both

Oops, appears my inexperience of managing polls has just been highlighted :shock:

I attempted to add a new option for Dazanthe for allot kk and big mac to play together and i've appeared to of wiped all the results. Never mind, feel free to re-vote.

Our return to some sort of form coincided pretty well with the return of the GMac (as well as Ricketts leaving, Hughes coming back etc). We've missed his runs into the box and I don't see anyone else who's going to make them.

Exactly. People are quickly forgetting that one of our main problems early in the season was that the midfield were too far away from the attack. Gary Mac has helped solve this and in most games has been a threat with his runs into the box. 4-3-3 worked well away at Doncaster, I think we should look at using it more often, possibly at Taylor's expense.

I wasn't certain in the cup matches, but, I like the formation at the mo. 3 central mids going where they like one winger and Davies playing wide but more advanced on the opposite wing. Opposition don't seem to know what to do against it, and as we have seen Macca can push on, Ratters gets around the middle and KK does a bit of both. Good shout Shez.

quote name='daznathe' date='Dec 5 2007, 12:07 PM' post='74573']

and macca does both

Oops, appears my inexperience of managing polls has just been highlighted :shock:

I attempted to add a new option for Dazanthe for allot kk and big mac to play together and i've appeared to of wiped all the results. Never mind, feel free to re-vote.

If you've already voted, it won't let you re-vote!

All our opinions on this vital issue have disappeared forever into cyberspace :rolleyes:

Guest oa_exile
If you've already voted, it won't let you re-vote!

All our opinions on this vital issue have disappeared forever into cyberspace :rolleyes:

Just click on the "Show Results" :blink: and then you get the update of the Poll :)