complaint to the mods and admin

Righto... couldnt careless I dont use it, am sure I'd struggle to switch it on or off if there's no switch, thats the reason then now I understand.. It doesn't need to be said from certain people its their attitude that says it all, and the names Craig or Lags not big guy, thats reserved for those I feel at ease to use such a term.

Off back to my hypothetical world, gesh am glad am so thick your world must be so hard, still I guess theres more people in mine then yours. One last thing in your world how many votes do you get in the general election?...they only trust me with one in ours.

Edited by Lags

Equality really is a false perception in this case - if we were all equal, everybody would fork out some greenbacks to help OWTB from haemmoraging cash. Contrary to popular belief, OWTB is in the red and has been since it's inception. Having said that, I'm quite happy to fund it - I think OWTB is a success that has borne other successes.

Anyways, the chatroom cover debate; The procedure for opening the chatroom is a bloody fiddly one. Bearing this in mind, the mod team are partially selected on their IT prowess. The operating procedure itself is equally difficult. Moderation as only a part of it for example; we have to stand by our moderating decisions, we are only as good as how we moderate. It is not fair on the community or the chatroom helper to give them that kind of empowerment, it will not function in tandem with OWTB's policy/administration set up.

They can't run with the hare and hunt with the hounds at the same time either...

In short: fair moderation and IT skills are the two main prerequisites of being a moderator at any level. Add locale and availability to the selection process as well, you can appreciate getting cover is mighty difficult.

But say we manage to fill the post; we enlist the help of another for the sole reason of opening up the chatroom - what do we do if they cannot open it, for whatever reason - too busy, can't handle the pressure, can't be bothered, and so-on - do we hire another? We have to draw a line under it somewhere, or we become a victim of our policy and it becomes unmanageable.

As a side note - and has no relevance to the post of chatroom supervision, I'd like to add that OWTB is for the fans, and it does have it's groups within that, however the cliques on this board only survive because the minority speak of it. And I will not make them a martyr to their disruptive cause.

As a finale - thanks to everyone who uses OWTB! Nearly 800 members and counting - better supported than most other OAFC messageboards - and a great alternative to ISZ - as ISZ is to us. With this in mind we try our damnedest to make the experience as good as possible - OWTB does not purposefully go out of its way to forget it's members, or to even annoy them. Therefore, we will look at how to overcome any potential problems in the future (chatroom or otherwise) with our current resources, but in the meantime I hope everyone continues to enjoy our services!

Thanks,

Matt.

correct, but being on chat with other latics fans when latics are playing is the nearest i get to being at the game

Sign upto latics world for a mere 3.99 a month and listen to it. Or start a thread in the relevant forum and chat till your hearts content, instead of having a go at the people who bring this great service to us for ball all!!

:grin:

, instead of having a go at the people who bring this great service to us for ball all!!

:grin:

hang on there ,i was not having a go at anyone on here ,just saying that reading about the match is not the same without the chat ,and for some reason i carn't get laticsworld here , i tried but with no luck

As a side note - and has no relevance to the post of chatroom supervision, I'd like to add that OWTB is for the fans, and it does have it's groups within that, however the cliques on this board only survive because the minority speak of it. And I will not make them a martyr to their disruptive cause.

Really? Do you honestly think everyone believes that's a figment of a fews imagination? without which the several cliques on this board and in life in general wouldn't exist. Perhap's the subtle difference between band of friends and cliques is being absorbed by a minority group to hoodwink the majority. Thank heavens some of our fore fathers carried on to speak out their minds when those in power tried to portray them as disruptive elements. Mugabe portrays the same things about the Europeans.

I don't know if you refer I maybe one of these disruptive elements, however if you make that clear I will gladly defend myself in this instance along with one other am sure you and some others in a circle will remember. Surely I am allowed a reply to your statement and to have it considered without it being labelled a rebel cry from a would be martyr. I thinks its fair to say we don't know each other, maybe if we did perhaps the disruptive element would disappear.

I am all for debate and in this case I side with those members who wish to use the chat room on a match day with like minded Latics fans and members of this board. What I will not except is people talkin down and dismissing others out of hand completely with or without training. Them antics went out the window with 19'th century gentry.

Edited by Lags

OK we all have our flawes or problems, unfortunately this was one that was unseen, we would normally have a certain mod open and close the chatroom to make sure that fans can have a chat about incidents and what they are listening to at the game.

Accept our apologies for the inconvienience but unfortunately this will happen from time to time, i doubt we need to start another debate about how muh work goes into running the site, and i dont want to tell everyone what happens behind the scenes.

As long as people are happy with the board and the content therein, if anybody has any new ideas please let me know, as this is a public messageboard for the fans, and your input is what is important.

Cheers

hang on there ,i was not having a go at anyone on here ,just saying that reading about the match is not the same without the chat ,and for some reason i carn't get laticsworld here , i tried but with no luck

at last a sensible post and explanation into the why's and where fors,thank you mr rummy.

the other so called mods or admin have missed an oppertunity,by merely stating it couldnt be opened and thats that,if you dont like it go to msn or another chatroom at the end of the day we do this for free so stop moaning and get on with it,its not really the response a resonsible admin type person should give.

as it has been pointed out by others that there behavior and comments have only served to put people down and treat them with disrespect,giving off the hollier than thou attitude.

i can see it and totally respect it from the admin side and also from the exiles side.

im sure this will be a recurring problem that doesnt go away,and quite frankly i wouldnt blame any of the exiles if they did make there own arrangements away from owtb,as there specific group isnt being catered for.

as i was asked to bring this up on somebody else's behalf,i shall draw a line under it now as the questions which i was asked to ask have been answered.

the other so called mods or admin have missed an oppertunity,by merely stating it couldnt be opened and thats that,if you dont like it go to msn or another chatroom at the end of the day we do this for free so stop moaning and get on with it,its not really the response a resonsible admin type person should give.

as it has been pointed out by others that there behavior and comments have only served to put people down and treat them with disrespect,giving off the hollier than thou attitude.

When did I say if you don't like it go somewhere else.... I personally stated that certain access is needed open the room and that we are not looking to bring anymore into the admin team at present. I explained that some times no one may be about .... this as happen once in 12months.

The previous three games to the w/e's game I was not attending the matches so I opened the chat room ....on two of these occasions I put off meeting up with close friends to do this. Personally your comments are insulting and way off the mark....... seriously if you feel this way WHY ARE YOU POSTING ON HERE!!!!

I do this for free, put in a lot of my time and effort, I will continue to do so because the other 700 members on here appriciate what I do and I enjoy doing it. For one minute you had me thinking why do I bother .... for one minute!!! Then I simple realised your comments are not worth getting angry about.

Mark

Don't let the ungrateful, ignorant :censored: of the world grind you down Mark (and others).

In amongst the majority who appreciate the expense (both in money and time) of running a site like this, there will always be those who seem to think it belongs to them and that they have some 'right' to a particular level of service... despite contributing nothing themselves. Cyberspace is full of freeloaders.

I should think Bob is embarrassed by this thread - his honest query has been hijacked by those with an obvious axe to grind.

Edited by garcon

Don't let the ungrateful, ignorant :censored: of the world grind you down Mark (and others).

In amongst the majority who appreciate the expense (both in money and time) of running a site like this, there will always be those who seem to think it belongs to them and that they have some 'right' to a particular level of service... despite contributing nothing themselves. Cyberspace is full of freeloaders.

I should think Bob is embarrassed by this thread - his honest query has been hijacked by those with an obvious axe to grind.

well some have made a mountain out of a molehill about the chat

Guest oa_exile
at last a sensible post and explanation into the why's and where fors,thank you mr rummy.

i can see it and totally respect it from the admin side and also from the exiles side.

im sure this will be a recurring problem that doesnt go away,and quite frankly i wouldnt blame any of the exiles if they did make there own arrangements away from owtb,as there specific group isnt being catered for.

as i was asked to bring this up on somebody else's behalf,i shall draw a line under it now as the questions which i was asked to ask have been answered.

How many explanations did you require from the other so called Admin / Mods ?

I actually find your post just damn right rude ,and thats me being nice about it

See below and read from the previous posts on this thread !

Without being an admin / mod you can't open the chat room and I know we aren't looking to build on the present team........... So the answer to your question would be no.

It'll be a rare thing that nobody is about to open the room but this may happen sometimes

I'd just like to add to that, that we've built a team who work hard and know what they're doing and, whilst people might not think so, the chatroom has to be monitored in the same manner as the rest of the site.

Unfortunately, nobody was online to do so yesterday.

I'm not going to get drawn into this - I'll just say that from experience the Chatroom needs more attention than any of the main forums, that is on the basis of some completely unacceptable behaviour that has gone on there in the past. It needs to be moderated, not just switched on and off. It's unfortunate that nobody was available to turn it on, for the first time in over a year, but nobody died.

First of all non of the Admin or Mods who run this MB want ANY credit , we have never and will never ask for that.

Secondly where do you get the "Higher than me" statement from ? , again we have never commented about our fellow members in this manner.

Thirdly but not least , that is the first time in nearly a year that the Chat Room was not open , an very rare moment.

If you care to read the posts again you will see comments made that opening , running , Modding and closing the Chat Room is not as simple as flicking the switch on and off.

there used to be a latics clique on msn a while back with sometimes over 15 on it ,but now no one ever seems to be on msn besides alex from cape town ,martjs has gone so too simon and andy b ,so it was not worth having the clique with only 1 on it

Struth talk about "yes Maggie Thatcher...oh certainly Tony Blair.......yes yes yes and fifty thousand times yes!!!"

Don't you dare question anything, don't you dare. For gods sake have some no shame at all. I hope one or two have their names printed on the soles of their shoes, otherwise you're that far up we've no chance of identifying you. No one but no one called any Admin or Mod at the start of this thread or indeed in the asking for some assistance to some of our members, so why all this defending arm off's?

Thats' it for me I should have known better off to the youths.

there used to be a latics clique on msn a while back with sometimes over 15 on it ,but now no one ever seems to be on msn besides alex from cape town ,martjs has gone so too simon and andy b ,so it was not worth having the clique with only 1 on it

read my last post properly,and you will see i stated that i was asked to raise issue with this by someone who wishes to remain annonymous.

by the sounds of it you are obviously angry and it has lasted for more than a moment or two.

axe to grind....hardly,again i refer you to the bottom of my last post.....and im only posting again as i am now having to defend myself

no one is saying admins and mods dont do a good job, as they do.i now personally how much time it takes up and the sacrifices neede to keep everybody happy.

far too many people brownnosing now instead of just coming out and saying we all support the mods.

as we all do.