complaint to the mods and admin

yesterday a few of us were online and wanted to go on chat ,but there was no mod online to open it ,so please next time there is a match can a mod please open up the chat before a match so us exlies can talk about the game etc

We always try to mate....... apart from one (who had other commitments yesterday) we were all at the game!!!!

Sure we'll get our heads together and try to prevent this happening again, but simple fact is if we happen to be at the game the chat room can't be left open without a mod. sorry

Guest oa_exile
yesterday a few of us were online and wanted to go on chat ,but there was no mod online to open it ,so please next time there is a match can a mod please open up the chat before a match so us exlies can talk about the game etc

The Chat Room will not be open if an Admin or Mod is not available to open and close it.

As you are aware all Mod's and Admin's are UK based so are usually at home games.

If one of us is not at the game then the Chat room will be opened.

Sorry Bob or anyone else but that is the way it is.

Cheers Exile

OWTB Admin

Bob, we can only do our best - this is not our day job (unfortunately) for any of us. We do try to find the time, however other life commitments take top priority - I for one have not been around since Friday afternoon.

OWTB is privately funded (and costs a small fortune, i may add) and it's mod team are all volunteers, who operate on here for the love of it. If there is no mod about to open the chatroom, I for one will not be jumping up and down asking the questions.

I suppose I'm posting this to defend the lads (mods) really, because nobody else gives them the recognition they so richly deserve.

Bob, we can only do our best - this is not our day job (unfortunately) for any of us. We do try to find the time, however other life commitments take top priority - I for one have not been around since Friday afternoon.

OWTB is privately funded (and costs a small fortune, i may add) and it's mod team are all volunteers, who operate on here for the love of it. If there is no mod about to open the chatroom, I for one will not be jumping up and down asking the questions.

I suppose I'm posting this to defend the lads (mods) really, because nobody else gives them the recognition they so richly deserve.

but surely as has been pointed out,there are overseas members who rely on this service to meet up and enjoy the game.i know from past experience it is a good lively banter time about the game.

as members of this board they should have some sort of option.

opening the chat room up before people go to the game would be an option,abd closing it when the first available mod comes online after the game.its not just overseas members either,there is usually quite a few people who cant get to games for one reason or another.

admins on message boards are able to allow certain members certain powers,so it shouldnt be a problem to let bob open or close a chat room.

this board was set up for the fans by the fans,so just because there are over 500 members doesnt mean a small number cant be catered for.

Think the mods are getting a fair bit of unfair flack here.

They do their best to cater for all fans by privately funding and running the message board out of their own pocket so the chat room and any other features should be seen as an additional bonus rather than making a song and dance about it not being on for one game.

As far as whats relevant, if the chat room is open its open. Im just appreciative of the evident hard work that goes into the running of this site by the volunteers who set this up.

Keep up the good work admin! :)

Think the mods are getting a fair bit of unfair flack here.

They do their best to cater for all fans by privately funding and running the message board out of their own pocket so the chat room and any other features should be seen as an additional bonus rather than making a song and dance about it not being on for one game.

As far as whats relevant, if the chat room is open its open. Im just appreciative of the evident hard work that goes into the running of this site by the volunteers who set this up.

Keep up the good work admin! :)

Nobody is dening that the MOD's & Admin do a good job, all that is being said is that why can't one of the overseas members who are around regular on a Match Day be allowed to open the chat room.

Without being an admin / mod you can't open the chat room and I know we aren't looking to build on the present team........... So the answer to your question would be no.

It'll be a rare thing that nobody is about to open the room but this may happen sometimes

Without being an admin / mod you can't open the chat room and I know we aren't looking to build on the present team........... So the answer to your question would be no.

It'll be a rare thing that nobody is about to open the room but this may happen sometimes

I'd just like to add to that, that we've built a team who work hard and know what they're doing and, whilst people might not think so, the chatroom has to be monitored in the same manner as the rest of the site.

Unfortunately, nobody was online to do so yesterday.

I'd just like to add to that, that we've built a team who work hard and know what they're doing and, whilst people might not think so, the chatroom has to be monitored in the same manner as the rest of the site.

t'll be a rare thing that nobody is about to open the room but this may happen sometimes

you dont have to be admin or a mod to be able to open a chatroom or have special powers so to speak,i should know as i have run 3 message boards for various things over the last couple of years,it is at admins discretion to grant special powers.

it cant be that rare if nobody was around and it may happen in the future can it.

nobody is saying the mods arent doing a good job.

the point that is being made is that this board was set up for the fans by the fans,it was free at first but then due to the impressive fan base it had to be paid for.

as far as i am aware and im sure i shall be corrected if im not right,the merchandise that is sold via the boards shop pays for the upkeep of the board,and the mods dont get paid as they do it out of love for the club and board.any surplus money/s goes to sponsoring the club.

as exiles of the club certain fans for obvious reason live in different countrys,making it virtually impossible to get to matches,so the next best thing they have is coming onhere on matchdays and having a right good natter about things.

that is the point that is being made,those fans are not being catered for.

you dont have to be admin or a mod to be able to open a chatroom or have special powers so to speak,i should know as i have run 3 message boards for various things over the last couple of years,it is at admins discretion to grant special powers.

it cant be that rare if nobody was around and it may happen in the future can it.

nobody is saying the mods arent doing a good job.

the point that is being made is that this board was set up for the fans by the fans,it was free at first but then due to the impressive fan base it had to be paid for.

as far as i am aware and im sure i shall be corrected if im not right,the merchandise that is sold via the boards shop pays for the upkeep of the board,and the mods dont get paid as they do it out of love for the club and board.any surplus money/s goes to sponsoring the club.

as exiles of the club certain fans for obvious reason live in different countrys,making it virtually impossible to get to matches,so the next best thing they have is coming onhere on matchdays and having a right good natter about things.

that is the point that is being made,those fans are not being catered for.

Ugh - for gods sake, this is rubbish...

The point of this board is that it provides a safe and moderated environment for people of all ages to chat, and like it or not, the moderators of this board are the ones that make sure this happens. It is not just a case of "opening the doors" so to speak, everything that is said on the forums, the live chat, or a PM reflects on OWTB - the mods have every right to at least have an oversight of what is going on at any point...

The guys on here do a stunning job - and should be commended for everything you have done, and come on - do you honestly think that the merchadise sold pays for all the money (and time!) rummy and co put into this - surely if you are indeed running a messageboard of any particular size you should know this. This is the best, most proffessional, most user friendly board I have ever seen, and I just cannot believe you are saying it does not cater for the fans....

I too run a messageboard for my company, which uses the same platform as this, and offers all the same facilites, i get paid to do this as part of my job, and part of my job is to ensure everything said on the board does not look bad on my company - if it does I will prob get the sack and the company gets sued.... these boys have something uttelry offensive and slanderous put on the board and they themselves are hauled up infron of court - lets just respect their right to oversee what they have created, and ensure this is a safe friendly place for all latics fans of all ages to chat...

Right - rant over...

whats the difference between bob (as an example) and any of the other members??

he loves the club, he is a supporter, he has filled in the pre qual message, he is a regular poster, why not let him have capabilities to open the chat room on the rare occasions that there is not a mod online??

he isnt asking for access to the boardroom!!

he loves the club, he is a supporter, he has filled in the pre qual message, he is a regular poster, why not let him have capabilities to open the chat room on the rare occasions that there is not a mod online??

Right - gonna defend the mods here as i know they prob wont...

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT! Its not just about opening the doors, its about making sure it is a safe environment for all latics fans... you may not be offended by swearing etc... but some may be, and it is these boys responsibility to keep it that way.... fair enough any of us could open it up - but are you briefed and trained on the philosophies this board operates on - no, and that takes training and trust from the other mods... regular posting does not mean you could recognise what is libellous or offensive in another post.... the chat room has to be moderated, so if there are no mods it doesnt open - simple!

They have ther team - lets respect them, and understand that they also have lives - they do it off their own backs, and if they are all at the game then so be it...

Ugh...

I'm not going to get drawn into this - I'll just say that from experience the Chatroom needs more attention than any of the main forums, that is on the basis of some completely unacceptable behaviour that has gone on there in the past. It needs to be moderated, not just switched on and off. It's unfortunate that nobody was available to turn it on, for the first time in over a year, but nobody died.

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT! Its not just about opening the doors, its about making sure it is a safe environment for all latics fans... you may not be offended by swearing etc... but some may be, and it is these boys responsibility to keep it that way.... fair enough any of us could open it up - but are you briefed and trained on the philosophies this board operates on - no, and that takes training and trust from the other mods... regular posting does not mean you could recognise what is libellous or offensive in another post.... the chat room has to be moderated, so if there are no mods it doesnt open - simple!

They have ther team - lets respect them, and understand that they also have lives - they do it off their own backs, and if they are all at the game then so be it...

Ugh...

Righto, the rest of us now know how great and clever you are, we now know how thick we are and our place in the world! thanks for that. This is what makes me sick to death of this site, I've had this before with you talkin down to people, I've had it first hand remember! For gods sake all thats been asked is for THE MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD who are equal to you that they would like the opportunity to use the chat forum on a match day. I think it's quite a reasonable reqeast thats been made that one of the exiles be sanctioned to open (and moderate id neccessary) the chat room if none of the current moderators are available. Now we're told by the high and mighty mere foot soldiers can't carry out this task cos it's way out of our depth nor can we be trained to do so....I give up on some of you. Yes I've totally got a bee in my bonnet again and cannot stand anyone in any shape or form belittling others nor me. Before the clique can riding over the hill saying no ones belittled anyone, well let me tell you any one of these members on this board can be trained to do it -simple as! oH GO ON THEN THREATEN TO BAN ME AGAIN NOW.

Not one person as claimed the Mods don't do a good job and everyone thanks them for that work, but it doesn't make them higher than me, nor Bob nor no one else. Now I say help out your members cos without them you've nothing....go ask Mike and Jack about that.

Ugh...

Righto, the rest of us now know how great and clever you are, we now know how thick we are and our place in the world! thanks for that. This is what makes me sick to death of this site, I've had this

Not one person as claimed the Mods don't do a good job and everyone thanks them for that work, but it doesn't make them higher than me, nor Bob nor no one else. Now I say help out your members cos without them you've nothing....go ask Mike and Jack about that.

Fair enough big guy, but i was defending the mods as i knew they wouldnt, it is not their place to defend the work they do, and in my opinion they were getting stick for no reason... I apologise I caused you offence again, however once more we disagree... the joys of a chatboard eh???

ta ra...

If members of this site paid a subscription they would have the right to moan about the chat room not being open, but they don't, it's free and the board owners don't owe anyone anything, imo.

It's their board, they don't feel the need for another mod/admin because it's not needed, i'm sure Bobby can go without a chatroom for 2 hours once a year.

Edited by Senor_Coconut

Guest oa_exile

First of all non of the Admin or Mods who run this MB want ANY credit , we have never and will never ask for that.

Secondly where do you get the "Higher than me" statement from ? , again we have never commented about our fellow members in this manner.

Thirdly but not least , that is the first time in nearly a year that the Chat Room was not open , an very rare moment.

If you care to read the posts again you will see comments made that opening , running , Modding and closing the Chat Room is not as simple as flicking the switch on and off.

well let me tell you any one of these members on this board can be trained to do it -simple as! oH GO ON THEN THREATEN TO BAN ME AGAIN NOW.

If, in your hypothetical world, we give Bob "the power" and we ignore all the problems that brings what do we do if Bob's busy at work during a game? Do we then pass this role onto someone else?

How far do you expect this to go? It is totally infeasible for every member to have the rights to open and close the Chatroom - but that is the logical extension of your expectations.

If a chatroom is so vital to everyone then on that very rare occasion (1/365 days = 0.27%) why not use a public chat room (search google there are plenty).