RESIDENTS TOGETHER GROUP

They were posting letters to all residents tonight.I only read the the 1st sentence which stated they were nt turning up at the meeting in an official capacity tomorrow night. :D

Does that mean that they are leaving their plastacene at home?

It seems a strange one, they appear to be turning up in smaller numbers each time this is heard. I'd like to think that they've had a tip off.

If this is true, though, it means that more Latics fans will be able to fit into the chamber which can only be a good thing.

According to the "rarely wrong" Chron, they are boycotting for safety reasons. Apparently threats have been made against some members of the group and their families.

Pretty disgusting if you ask me (if the allegations are true), those responsible have done the club no favours at all.

I heard this last night. First thought? That will be the headline in tomorrow's Chron then. I totally condemn anyone who has made threats like that. I can't help but suspect though that some of the more cynical elements in the resident's group are continuing their policy of spreading unfounded scare stories about anything to do with the application. The only person I would imagine might have got abuse would be Bashforth, and he is a neutral, not part of their group :unsure:

According to the "rarely wrong" Chron, they are boycotting for safety reasons. Apparently threats have been made against some members of the group and their families.

Pretty disgusting if you ask me (if the allegations are true), those responsible have done the club no favours at all.

Probably 100% :censored: and just an attempt at getting the headlines.....well done nimbys

Don't believe this for a second. In the chron the stated that someone was giving her/them abuse after/during the planning meeting? Odd one that, my friend spoke to this women as she left and she seemed fine. He asked her why she was so apposed to the plans and stated it was her own busines and not his! He laughed and walked off. :shock:

The only one being rude and hostile was her!

It's just a load of garbage as they probably now that their are a lot less people apposed to the plans this time and she's coming with some cock and bull story about being threatened. All she is trying to do is stir things up a bit. Absoltue garbage. :angry:

Don't believe this for a second. In the chron the stated that someone was giving her/them abuse after/during the planning meeting? Odd one that, my friend spoke to this women as she left and she seemed fine. He asked her why she was so apposed to the plans and stated it was her own busines and not his! He laughed and walked off. :shock:

The only one being rude and hostile was her!

It's just a load of garbage as they probably now that their are a lot less people apposed to the plans this time and she's coming with some cock and bull story about being threatened. All she is trying to do is stir things up a bit. Absoltue garbage. :angry:

It is garbage and just goes to show in my opinion what the chron really want to happen this afternoon....talk about a kick in the nuts on the big days....thanks for nowt... I wonder how many calls the police have recived ?? im guessing none.

“Chanting supporters on the march did nothing to allay our fears. We believe this meeting should have been conducted behind closed doors considering its emotive nature.”

I know that a chant with some swearing about the council was said at one point just before the Queens, but we (stewards) asked for this to be stopped and was. Secondly myself and Bigfin asked individuals on Sheepfoot lane not to go towards the houses and only one person did and was stopped by the police.... can't remember anything directed towards the residents being chanted then. Only Latics songs were chanted ..... comments above is totally untrue!!! Well it is the Cron!!!

I am a local resident (Kenwood Road) as well as a Latics ST holder, and am desperate for planning permission to be granted.

I had one of these leaflets pushed through my door last night.

There are two main reasons given for the non-attendance tonight, the first being safety fears, as noted above, the second being the fact they believe it is pointless to attend as the decision to pass the application has already been made.

Also, the “Chanting supporters on the march did nothing to allay our fears" part actually reads "Chanting yobs...".

Fingers crossed for a peaceful, successful meeting tonight.

I am a local resident (Kenwood Road) as well as a Latics ST holder, and am desperate for planning permission to be granted.

I had one of these leaflets pushed through my door last night.

There are two main reasons given for the non-attendance tonight, the first being safety fears, as noted above, the second being the fact they believe it is pointless to attend as the decision to pass the application has already been made.

Also, the “Chanting supporters on the march did nothing to allay our fears" part actually reads "Chanting yobs...".

Fingers crossed for a peaceful, successful meeting tonight.

Do these residents not realise there are fans who actually live round there? Chanting yobs?? :angry:

Edited by jorvik_latic

the application has already been passed ,we all hope so too

I sat next to a resident tonight. I think he was in favour.

But he said that the residents’ group is now happy for it to be passed because they believe they will win at the High Court when they ask for the restrictive Covenant which covers the land where Blocks A, B & C are to be (behind Chaddy End towards Hilbre Ave) to be enforced.

:cardinal:

I sat next to a resident tonight. I think he was in favour.

But he said that the residents’ group is now happy for it to be passed because they believe they will win at the High Court when they ask for the restrictive Covenant which covers the land where Blocks A, B & C are to be (behind Chaddy End towards Hilbre Ave) to be enforced.

:cardinal:

somehow i doubt this, I think such a thing will have been looked into when the application was being made. Also if it the apartments are the same height as the stand, dont think there is much they can do