Their version of today

lee hughes VILE MURDERING SCUM.

Basically what happened was hughes got stick all through the game and deservedly so. We took every opportunity to remind him what scum this man actually is. hughes strolled around the pitch without a care in the world or any remorse for what he's done. He opened the scoring then ran to the Millwall fans and done a way over the top goal celebration which the ref ignored. Millwall then equalised and Jay Simpson the goalscorer ran to celebrate with the Millwall fans. The ref showed him a 2nd yellow and sent him off. Absolutely disgraceful.

Millwall then went 2-1 up despite the efforts of the referee. With 20 odd minutes to go the ref then awarded an incredibly soft penalty which no Oldham player even appealed for. hughes took it and scored before doing another over the top celebration. Millwall keeper Lenny Pidgeley then complained to the ref about the celebration considering he had sent a Millwall player off for the same thing and the ref then booked our keeper. With the home crowd then baying for the ref and hughes' blood the murdering scum then completed his hattrick. Once again he danced round the pitch and the ref done nothing. A fan then ran onto the pitch but got nowhere near hughes before being nicked. The ref then sent off an Oldham player before play re-started. No one in the ground had any idea what the Oldham player was supposed to have done.

hughes was then substituted with a few minutes remaining and ran straight down the tunnel showing the same cowardice he used when running from the scene of his murdering crime. The referee (Kevin Friend) was an absolute disgrace. hughes incited the crowd at every opportunity, murdering scum. I hope he gets his just rewards very very soon.

I suspect there is a fair amount of libel in there.

I particularly appreciated the charming young fella who abused us on the train back to London Bridge. Apparently we should be ashamed to support a club with Lee Hughes at it, Hughes demonstrated that he had no remorse by smiling (he'd just scored a hat-trick FFS) and we showed that we agreed with everything Hughes had ever done by singing his name. The cock then returned to singing his song about Harry Roberts which ends in the line "He kills coppers". I decided that the irony would have been lost on him, so didn't point it out!

These people calling him murdering scum make me just sad to be honest. The poor guy made a mistake....a BIG mistake....his life has hardly been rosey since it happened and im pritty sure he dosent sleep well at night knowning what he has done. Mostly people have a pop at him because its something to have ago at him about. Like the fact the Steven Gerrard is robbing scouse :censored: for example :)... But there are some who truely belive he is a murder and should be banged up for life. Its abit sad really. Surely its best for everyone if people move on from there past. I dont really fancy spending my taxs on keeping peope locked up who arent a danager to socity. So once they have paid the price then we need to let them move on.

These people calling him murdering scum make me just sad to be honest. The poor guy made a mistake....a BIG mistake....his life has hardly been rosey since it happened and im pritty sure he dosent sleep well at night knowning what he has done. Mostly people have a pop at him because its something to have ago at him about. Like the fact the Steven Gerrard is robbing scouse :censored: for example :)... But there are some who truely belive he is a murder and should be banged up for life. Its abit sad really. Surely its best for everyone if people move on from there past. I dont really fancy spending my taxs on keeping peope locked up who arent a danager to socity. So once they have paid the price then we need to let them move on.

LH Probaly met most of their fans inside anyway

May-be that's why they are so Hostile !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at Millwall fans comments has really opened a can of worms with Lee Hughes for me. It may be lots of fans have similiar discussions when they play us, but no-one else seems to be so passionate about it as far as I'm aware. The way they talk, the whole of the football world is totally oppossed to him playing proffessional football, but it has hardly made a stir has it??

As for him showing remorse, they obviously say he hasnt and he isnt even allowed to smile when he scores a goal apparently! However I seemed to think he had made peace with anyone involved in the incident but someone posted a statement from a nephew saying quite the opposite, although I guess you can;t please everyone.

Forgive me, I guess this was talked about in detail when the signing was made, I want in the country so missed out, and I'd just like to get a bit more clued up after such a strong reaction from the Millwall fans today!

Why dignify this libellous rubbish by reproducing it on this site? I was delighted to sign up with OWTB to get away from reading this kind of moronic, ignorant outburst. We all know that if Hughes had signed for Millwall, the same writer would instead have been defending him in the same mindless fashion.

My respect for Hughes grows by seeing the way in which he manages to handle the regular abuse. By now we should not be having to repeat the fact that he has served his sentence for a despicable offence and is entitled to the same treatment as any other ex-con - that is, a chance to rebuild his life and earn a living. It is unfortunate that as a professional footballer, he will never be able to escape this kind of idiot.

His performance today, particularly the superbly taken third goal, prove that he has so much still to offer to the game. It is morally right that a club, whether the Latics or whoever, should have given him the chance to continue his career.

Cant speak for other people but personally i am actually intrested in what other fans think.....

Yeh agreed. Although I made the stupid mistake of trying to have a sensible debate with them and have just been told that someone wants to cut my throat. Haven't posted on a forum for years, and never have on opposition boards. However the treatment of hughes and the lack of coverage about it has baffled me.

lee hughes VILE MURDERING SCUM.

Basically what happened was hughes got stick all through the game and deservedly so. We took every opportunity to remind him what scum this man actually is. hughes strolled around the pitch without a care in the world or any remorse for what he's done. He opened the scoring then ran to the Millwall fans and done a way over the top goal celebration which the ref ignored. Millwall then equalised and Jay Simpson the goalscorer ran to celebrate with the Millwall fans. The ref showed him a 2nd yellow and sent him off. Absolutely disgraceful.

What is he supposed to do? Miss chances? If he misses does that mean he is showing remorse?

To be honest, I dont think he should be doing that stupid dance when he scores, especially away from home and especially at a place like Millwall. He should just put the ball in the net and silence his critics in that way.

Yeh agreed. Although I made the stupid mistake of trying to have a sensible debate with them and have just been told that someone wants to cut my throat. Haven't posted on a forum for years, and never have on opposition boards. However the treatment of hughes and the lack of coverage about it has baffled me.

If it was a millwall board then it really isnt worth bothering. They are something else.

Why dignify this libellous rubbish by reproducing it on this site? I was delighted to sign up with OWTB to get away from reading this kind of moronic, ignorant outburst. We all know that if Hughes had signed for Millwall, the same writer would instead have been defending him in the same mindless fashion.

My respect for Hughes grows by seeing the way in which he manages to handle the regular abuse. By now we should not be having to repeat the fact that he has served his sentence for a despicable offence and is entitled to the same treatment as any other ex-con - that is, a chance to rebuild his life and earn a living. It is unfortunate that as a professional footballer, he will never be able to escape this kind of idiot.

His performance today, particularly the superbly taken third goal, prove that he has so much still to offer to the game. It is morally right that a club, whether the Latics or whoever, should have given him the chance to continue his career.

To be fair, if he had signed for Millwall you'd be quite vocal about it in opposition I reckon. Or if you wouldn't, plenty would be. Most would be. I'm not sticking up for Millwall here...coz I think the irony of it all tonight is farcical! However, had it been another club who doesn't have "glasshouses" syndrome like Northampton for example, then surely it'd be pretty concerning to think how hated we probably are. As I've pointed out in one post....

"I think to sum up the discussions today is that 2 things stand out above all....

1) For the Millwall lot and some Latics fans Hughes SHOULDN'T BE IN FOOTBALL and...

2) For the minority of the Millwall lot and most Latics fans the disgusting elements of football which the "fans" at Millwall showed today (regardless of who it's aimed at, and especially as it's not unique to Millwall) hurling bottles and running onto the pitch today SHOULDN'T BE IN FOOTBALL.

It's sad that both are in the game though.....and thus, both will have to be tolerated on both sides."

What is he supposed to do? Miss chances? If he misses does that mean he is showing remorse?

To be honest, I dont think he should be doing that stupid dance when he scores, especially away from home and especially at a place like Millwall. He should just put the ball in the net and silence his critics in that way.

Why not? every other player does his signature celebration. Why are oppo fans allowed to do their signature greeting but Hughes cant do his?. The guy did something that 50% of the population does with a terrible result. I said to myself I'll judge the guy on what remorse or what he does once out and for me to date he's involved himself with stuff that's not hiding.ie with the women who's son was killed by a drink driver, a very hard thing to do and proved he'll take what ever steps. These Millwall scum have no right tp judge, cos we know they'll do worse gladly tomorrow, next week and next year knowingly. If I see or hear Lee Hughes going back on his words I'll be the first in line to throw him to the lions ( sorry for the pun, none intended)

Why not? every other player does his signature celebration. Why are oppo fans allowed to do their signature greeting but Hughes cant do his?. The guy did something that 50% of the population does with a terrible result. I said to myself I'll judge the guy on what remorse or what he does once out and for me to date he's involved himself with stuff that's not hiding.ie with the women who's son was killed by a drink driver, a very hard thing to do and proved he'll take what ever steps. These Millwall scum have no right tp judge, cos we know they'll do worse gladly tomorrow, next week and next year knowingly. If I see or hear Lee Hughes going back on his words I'll be the first in line to throw him to the lions ( sorry for the pun, none intended)

I think there are two reasons why he shouldnt be doing it.

1. He should not be doing anything to incite the opposition fans. The only thing he need to do to shut them up is score. Every other play does their signature celebration, but he is not every other player. He is different because of his past actions, and whether our fans like it or not he will always be treated differently, and he doesnt need to do it. Im not saying he shouldn't celebrate, but maybe if he changes his celebration it would be better.

and, probably more importantly...

2. Its a bloody rubbish celebration. He looks stupid when he is doing it, and its just generally crap. Get a new celebration.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

The guy did something that 50% of the population does with a terrible result.

What.....get utterly smashed out of his brain on a cocktail of drink and drugs? :censored:, I might give up this learning to drive lark if 50% of the population are up to that. Personally, I'd suggest maybe 0.5% doing that! But we've done this one...some of us still aren't as accepting of him. That's our choice and we think he should keep his head down a bit, than incite the oppo's fans. As has been said, silence them by putting the ball in the net....not by stirring it too IMO.

Why should he tread on eggshells the rest of his life? Where does it stop? At Millwall, his very presence incited the fans - I doubt his daring to celebrate made any difference.

Oh, and there was no proof of DnD and CERTAINLY no proof of drugs. Both irrelevant to his charge and conviction anyway.

And we know why too....anyway....cans of worms! Best left there or we go around again on the subject.

I think you will find that far more people do D&D than you think.

Hughes is entitled to celebrate his goal(s) in any way he chooses, he should not be holding back. Will you lot be holding back when he scores the goal that finally wins us something - I think not.

Like it or lump it Hughes is a Latic now, we don't need to be debating the rights and wrongs of his or anybodys past. I am sure that every single person on here has some skeletons that they would rather forget, Shall we all openly discuss them on here and see how you all like it. This subject has obviously split the fans and what they think. But he's here now let support the Lad and stop going on about trivial things like if he should or shouldnt celebrate his goals.

As has been said there was never one once of evidence of D&D or anything else to that matter.

KTF

Edited by amoweb

As has been said there was never one once of evidence of D&D or anything else to that matter.

There was also no evidence of him inciting their fans with his celebration yesterday. If there had been, that ref would have taken action against him, as he did with the linesman's interpretation of Eardley's clenched fist. Many of our fans go berserk even if an opposition player just looks at them after scoring against us. It's all part of the hurt of conceding.

Players are allowed to celebrate - Hughes's celebration may look daft but, with his past, it's preferable to look daft than arrogant.

This debate has arisen from Millwall fans' comments - it's ironic that they got their own player sent off by changing his celebration from 'acceptable' to 'unacceptable' by dragging him into the crowd!

Hughes celebration looking daft or not I want to see it more and more. Plus he's a happy chappy when he does it, he as absolutely no reason not to celebrate in whatever fashion he chooses providing it's not in a fashion as to get sent off or booked.

I also think I am being very liberal in saying 50% of drivers at some time or other have indeed D&D, hence but for the grace of god been in Mr Hughes shoes. However once walkin in them may choose a different course of action. Anyway all that is totally irrelevant to why he should or shouldn't celebrate his goals. His very presence on the pitch gives oppo fans a reason to boo, check out the noise when the teams are read out! and guess what? most of them booing don't really give a monkey's, it's just a reason to give an oppo player the bird.

Inciting????? Christ, like Diego said there was only Latics fans at that end, so in theory I could also get 'done' for celebrating and believe me my celebration would certainly be classed as inciting their crowd <_< If thats the impression itv are making its totally false and only stiring up a hornets nest.

Yesterday had everything ............ did hear from a few (sensible) Millwall fans that he cupped his ear after getting his first ....... cheeky :wink:

Dishonest voiceover on ITV's 'The Campionship' this morning. Infererring that Hughes might have been sent off for his second and third goal celebrations, for inciting the Millwall fans - there were only Latics' fans at that end of the ground.

This is becoming all too common amonst these so called reporters, they feel the need to make personal comments and give personal opinions when all they are paid for and asked to do is report the facts as they are.

The BBC ceefax report on our 3-0 win at Bournemouth was the same, giving opinion which is totally uncalled for and unnecessary, it was changed after someone on hear wrote complaining about it.

Wasn't really suprised by ITVs coverage, totally uninformed. I'm not sure if they actually have a reporter at the all the games, my guess is not! I don't know how the tv coverage works, do they just recieve the highlights a club sends them? If so Millwall have sent them the goals and nothing else and ITV have made their commentry from probably reading Millwalls website. Informed reporting at is's best! I think not.

I've never been to Millwall before so maybe it's often like that although reading some Millwall comments Hughes treatment was bad even for them. I am suprised neither Manager and no match reports I've seen so far refer to the fan invasion and objects been thrown at Hughes, not even to condem then behaviour. Okay, those involved don't deserve a mention but brushing it under the carpet seems wrong to me. I can only hope the ref has the bottle to report everything that happened, judging on his performance he probably won't mention a thing. And judging on the wider interest of the game, when the Millwall tape of the game 'goes missing' that'll be the end of it!